Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.B.PremalathaYour feedback matters!
In most diseases, early detection of the disease is the key to control the symptoms, cure, reduce progression and improve prognosis. This holds true for sexually transmitted diseases too. As soon as there is a mild degree of suspicious of having contracted a sexually transmitted disease, it is advisable to go for a test. Most of the STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) can develop into serious complications over a period of time, ranging from infertility to even death.
Complications: Why early diagnosis is important: When left undiagnosed and untreated, most STDs progress to cause severe damage from sterility to cancer to even death. Listed below are some complications associated with each of the common STDs.
- Chlamydia: If left untreated, can lead to epididymitis and testicles shrinking and infertility in males. This is a condition where there is pus formation in the scrotum. In women, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which is deep-seated and unable to cure completely. This brings with it symptoms ranging from abdominal pain to uterine infections to sterility.
- Syphillis: Undiagnosed syphilis can lead to blindness and deafness. It can also be passed onto the newborn and lead to severe disabilities.
- Gonorrhea: If diagnosed early, it can be cured completely with antibiotics. However, if left untreated, it can lead to infertility.
- HIV/AIDS: Early diagnosis can help in curtailing the disease. If detected late, then the damage is quite extensive and treatment is both expensive and cannot help restore a lot of functions.
Symptoms of Sexually transmitted diseases: If there is a doubt of having contracted an STD, then it is very important to get tested for the same. Some of the most common symptoms are listed below.
- Women: The most common symptoms in women including painful urination, burning sensation, abnormal vaginal discharge (sometimes bleeding), warts, and abdominal pain.
- Men: Testicular pain, urethral pain, painful urination, pain and inflammation in the prostate, sores, fever, and abdominal pain.
Prevention: Always practice safe sexual practices. When in doubt, refrain from sex until diagnosis and treatment is complete.
Testing for STDs: Some of the standard tests include:
- 1. Herpes- HSV I & II -
2. Testing HIV-- Kits and ELISA available for testing
3. Blood test for syphilis antibodies
4. Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea - from urine as well as swabs for culture
It is understandable that getting tested for STDs is an embarrassing situation. However, there are options available where anonymity can be maintained when getting tested for STDs. This is a wise choice to make as the risk is not just for the person affected but for the partner and in some cases even for the fetus. Early testing can help prevent complications like infertility and cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi doc, I am having hyperthyroid and pcos. Currently am taking methimez 5 tab for thyroid. Am advised to loose weight for pcos. Since 20 days I am doing walking on treadmill for 60 to 90 min for 5 to 6 days a week. I am also following the diet like. Breakfast :oats with banana and almonds (no sugar no milk) lunch: 2 dry wheat roti veg and salad of cucumber and carrot and dinner: 1 roti dry and salad and veg. I dri k green tea twice a day and between I take fruit like sweet lime and papaya or apple. Is this diet sufficient or do I have to follow any other diet for weight loss. I need to loose atleast 8 kg within 3 months. My current weight is 79.6. When I started diet and walk my weight was 80 kg. Last 20 days weight keeps on differing between 78.6 to 79.6. I am also trying to drink 3 ltrs water everyday. Pls suggest if I am doing something wrong .I have stopped tea as well. Pls tel me if my weight will reduce by following the same routine or not. Thanks.
I got married on 13/04/2014. Working in school job approx 10hrs All 6days. My period is normal health is ok no any abnormality. My hubby is all ok, active, dob 3/2/1986. interested to conceive. Please advise.
Sir/madam Main 24 weeks ki pregnant women Hun. Meri height approx 4.5" hai. Aur mera weight approximately 40 or 42 kg hai. Mujhe bahut zyada weakness feel hota hai. Specially aajkal mujhe loose motion ki shikayat hai jab khana khati Hun ya phir aise bhi din 4 se 6 Baar toilet Jana padta hai. Mujhe kuchh suggest Karen please.
Hi Doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my menstrual cycle and took Unwanted 72 within 40 hours of the same. I got 15 days delay for my period so took pregnancy tests thrice. It came out to be positive. I consulted my family doctor and she advised me an assigned complete dose of Caam kit within 49 days of my cycle. Can it be one or two days delayed as it's difficult to get the Medicine. I just want to ensure how safe it is and what are the side effects of the same if any?
I took injection estil nd injection progestin im. 2 days before for missed period but the problem is still not solve I want to know that the pregnancy is still possible or not if not so it will take how many days?
I have used venlift od and I want stop this tablet. But now when stop this tablet I feel uncomfortable situation to my body. What I should do? Please help me.
I'm 28years old. Married 1years 1 month back planning for a baby and have tried last two months last month had few symptoms n had pms severely and got my periods. This month we have tried before during n after ovulation. My last cycle first day was Mar 23 n this month expecting April 20 th this month I don gave any such pain but have white discharge for past two days while urination no odour or itching. N until now no pms. But feel very tired often. Is there a chance of getting pregnant what Will be the symptoms. I was anxious last month this month I don think about it much still since I'm routine on my cycle want to know whether I'll have any problem in getting conceive. But my body is perfectly fine with regular normal symptoms n hormone generation like others. So I feel that I'm healthy. Please advice.
Role of a physical therapist
- Physical therapists (pts) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
- Pts examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, pts work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
- Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State licensure is required in each state in which a physical therapist practices.