Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nowseth
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NowsethYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 58 has lost interest in sex. She says this is not the age, we had enough. And I, 65, feel like having at least once a week.
If you are in the habit of consuming alcohol excessively and notice redness on the palms of the hands or pale stools, then it might point to liver disease. These are one of the many symptoms of alcoholic liver diseases which is the collective terms for liver diseases occurring due to alcohol overconsumption which includes fatty liver, hepatitis, and cirrhosis. Read on to know about this condition in brief.
Causes and The Risk Factors
The main cause of the disease is overconsumption of alcohol though not all of the heavy drinkers develop this disease and the cause is not clearly understood. But it is found that a toxic chemical called acetaldehyde produced by alcohol damages the liver leading to its scarring and ultimately resulting in cirrhosis or an end state disease of the liver.
It is also noted that the people who consume liquor and beer or spirits are at greater risk of developing the alcoholic liver disease as compared to the ones who consume different alcoholic beverages like wine. Further, studies have revealed that women metabolize alcohol slower as compared to men and hence they are at a greater risk of developing the disease. And women who consume alcohol more and at the same time are on the heavier side have a high chance of developing a chronic liver disease which might even lead to death. Genetic factors increase the chances of developing a disease of the liver too.
Prevention and Treatment
For the prevention of alcoholic liver disease, the most critical step is to stop the intake alcohol completely. If you stop consuming alcohol, the risk for the rapid acceleration of the liver disease stops and then you can proceed with the further treatment procedures. If you cannot give up alcohol altogether, it is recommended to limit the intake of alcohol to only one or two drinks per day but is best to stop completely.
The causes and the risk factors of the alcoholic liver disease vary from one person to another, and similarly, the procedures of treatment also vary depending on the condition of the liver of the affected person.
Medications are used to treat the liver disease which depends on the condition of the liver. The healthcare professional decides the course of medication as per the requirements. In some severe cases, the doctors are left with the only option of liver transplantation which is the only definitive therapy in modern medical science, but that involves a lot of risks and other complications. So when it comes to alcoholic liver disease prevention is better than cure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.
Is it true that on the day you take i-pill the new periods cycle starts from that day I mean for e. G. I took i-pill on 19 dec then my periods are supposed to come after 28 days from 19 Dec?
Ankles, feet and fingers often swell a little in pregnancy as your body is holding more water than usual.
Towards the end of the day, the extra water tends to gather in the lowest parts of the body, especially if the weather is hot or if you have been standing a lot. The gradual swelling isn't harmful to you or your baby, but it can be uncomfortable.
Avoiding and Easing Swollen ankles:
- Avoid standing for long periods
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Do the foot exercises
Foot Exercises During Pregnancy:
You can do foot exercises sitting or standing. They improve blood circulation, reduce swelling in the ankles, and prevent cramp in the calf muscles:
Bend and stretch your foot up and down 30 times
Rotate your foot in a circle eight times one way and eight times the other way
Repeat with the other foot
When swelling can be serious:
You should seek medical attention immediately if your face, feet or hands swell up suddenly. A pregnancy condition called pre-eclampsia can cause sudden swelling, although most women with swelling don't have pre-ecplampsia.
If it happens to you, consult a gynaecologist, or hospital immediately. If you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll need to be monitored carefully, as the condition can be serious for both you and your baby.