Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NoraYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 years old from past few days I am facing right back side pain while passing stools though I am suffering from constipation. So please help me out .1 month back I went for an whole abdomen ECG done there report was all OK! Previous month I had my periods on 23rd but this month I still didn't got yet. Recently I haven't gone for any kind of intercourse. I have a gas problem too. For which I have to take pan d.
Doctors I'm very tensed. I'm 34 weeks pregnant. and my cervix is 1.5 cm and 40% effaced. Came to know in the internal examination. Also I'm suffering from vaginal infection and Dr. has prescribed 7 days pessaries. I just want to know that how many chances are there that may go in to full term labor? Please reply.
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
Hey mam or sir. M prgnt of 8th month it mean 31 weeks on 24th I have went to scan. My fetal biometry is BPD 32 weeks 5 Days and AC 28 weeks and FL 31 weeks 5 days. My gyno said everything is fine normal .bt I am really worried of it. please help me. Wht to do is it fine or I should do something. Hlp.
To lead a healthy and happy life, your immune system has to be strong. Our daily habits and lifestyle mores tend to ruin it. Our diet, eating habits and behavior should be such that we can easily accept change whether it is related to eating, drinking or climatic conditions. Most of the time, we fall sick because of our weakened immunity.
Let’s see what helps us build a strong immune system and what goes against us.
1. Do not take Stress
2. Do not make yourself extra busy
3. Do not take excessive Antibiotics
4. Do not Smoke and drink
5. Don’t be submissive, share your feelings with friends
6. Don’t be a negative thinker
7. Do not be habitual of canned foods
8. Do not take excess sugar
9. Avoid regular intake of warm water
10. Do not use insecticides regularly
1. Exercise regularly
2. Proper Sleep of at least 7-8 hours
3. Stay away from pollution
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Take only as many medicines as you really need
6. Keep your hands clean all the time
7. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating
8. Prefer eating homemade food
9. Always drink purified water
10. Keep your surroundings very clean and organised.
Sleep hygiene is a variety of different practices and habits that are necessary to have good nighttime sleep quality and full daytime alertness.
Why is it important to practice good sleep hygiene?
Obtaining healthy sleep is important for both physical and mental health. It can also improve productivity and overall quality of life. Everyone, from children to older adults, can benefit from practicing good sleep habits.
How can I improve my sleep hygiene?
One of the most important sleep hygiene practices is to spend an appropriate amount of time asleep in bed, not too little or too excessive. Sleep needs vary across ages and are especially impacted by lifestyle and health. However, there are recommendations that can provide guidance on how much sleep you need generally. Other good sleep hygiene practices include:
Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes. Napping does not make up for inadequate nighttime sleep. However, a short nap of 20-30 minutes can help to improve mood, alertness and performance.
Avoiding stimulants such as caffeineand nicotine close to bedtime. And when it comes to alcohol, moderation is key 4. While alcohol is well-known to help you fall asleep faster, too much close to bedtime can disrupt sleep in the second half of the night as the body begins to process the alcohol.
Exercising to promote good quality sleep. As little as 10 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking or cycling, can drastically improve nighttime sleep quality. For the best night’s sleep, most people should avoid strenuous workouts close to bedtime. However, the effect of intense nighttime exercise on sleep differs from person to person, so find out what works best for you.
Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep. Heavy or rich foods, fatty or fried meals, spicy dishes, citrus fruits, and carbonated drinks can trigger indigestion for some people. When this occurs close to bedtime, it can lead to painful heartburn that disrupts sleep.
Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light. This is particularly important for individuals who may not venture outside frequently. Exposure to sunlight during the day, as well as darkness at night, helps to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine. A regular nightly routine helps the body recognize that it is bedtime. This could include taking warm shower or bath, reading a book, or light stretches. When possible, try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before attempting to sleep.
Making sure that sleep environment is pleasant. Mattress and pillows should be comfortable. The bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees – for optimal sleep. Bright light from lamps, cell phone and tv screens can make it difficult to fall asleep, so turn those light off or adjust them when possible. Consider using blackout curtains, eye shades, ear plugs" white noise" machines, humidifiers, fans and other devices that can make the bedroom more relaxing.
Hi, My friend took ipill for the first time and she is 24, will it have adverse effects even though she was not pregnant n she took I pill.
My periods are irregular since it started. And now we are thinking of family planning. Will there be any problem because of it? Should I go for any treatment?
I am 28 years old 4 years back married. 6 months back doctor said I have hormone disturbance .i have bi lateral poly cystic ovaries 6-8 mm noted. She gave siphene 50 mg to use I used for 4 months stopping 1 month middle. I have under gone follicular study egg was raptured but no result I did not get pregnant please help me. Even though egg was released why did not became pregnant I do no ,can you tell me reasons why please. My prolactin is 17. 83ng/ml I have dons hsg it is normal. My husband count is 40 millions.Please tell.
Hy I lickss my girl friends vagina onve a week for 10 to 15 is iss licking un healthy for us? Nd I eat that vaginal fluid that come from her vagina is that thing unhealthy for me?
The natural process of childbirth and/or aging can result in damage to the vaginal walls and muscles; all around the vaginal, urethral and rectal tubes-Similarly vaginal and pelvic tissue is also affected due to aging process and incontinence is a normal part of aging.
Women want a solution to rejuvenate and tighten the vagina and achieve improved sexual function-Even women with no children can experience these problems because of aging, hormonal issues, history of smoking, and weight gain or weight loss.
Femilift with its excellent patient satisfaction record and shows long lasting successful outcome-It is totally safe and recommended by hundreds of women-Femilift stimulates collagen regeneration through the heat of a pain free laser giving immediate effect.
Many women come to us tell us that their lives has been changed in a way that they never knew was possible- We are very proud to lead the way in this vaginal tightening revolution.
- Tighten and tone loose and sagging vaginal and labial area
- Proven technology for safe, accurate and effective results
- Pain free vaginal remodeling and stress urinary incontinence
- Lunch break procedure at the gynecologist clinic (15 - 30 min)
- Long lasting results
- No need for anesthetics
- Improves vaginal dryness
- Pain free treatment
- 3 to 4 treatment sittings for more than 90% treatment
Muje operation se 1 nov ko boy hua h or 13 ko stitches cut hue. Can you pls suggest the diet or food which I eat. Kya kya kha skti hu me baby ko healthy rkhne k lie. Jisse use loose motion b na ho or cold b na ho aise healthy foods suggest kijie pls. And should I take multivitamins after delivery. Hair fall na ho uske lie kya krna chahie. Or operation k bad yoga and Jumba kbse start kr skte h. And when we start relationship with husband after delivery from operation.
My sister having conceive. I want to know what are the foods she have to take? She is now in 7 months.
Respected Doctor, my wife has 8 months pregnant while checking 8 months scan the internal organs bilateral setal renal penis are prominent (left 5 mm and right 5.6mm) so please suggest me the needful things.
Why you must opt for a homeopathic treatment for PCOS
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body.
As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region. It is also associated with problems related to conception and pregnancy in more complex conditions.
While the complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process since it demands thorough observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient over a period of time; and the course of treatment follows these observations.
Although PCOS and its symptoms can be treated using conventional drugs, use of homeopathic medications is better to treat this condition for the following reasons.
Treatment addressing the root-cause
Using homeopathy for PCOS is a good idea because it offers permanent treatment for the condition. Homeopathy treats and cures the root cause of the condition rather than focussing on the external factors that cause the disease. Therefore, the treatment offered by homeopathy is more reliable. For example, the medicines prescribed for an interrupted period is different from the medicines prescribed for profuse bleeding.
No side effects
Homeopathic treatment is based on the belief that the human body was meant to remain disease free always. So it never tries to make use of drugs that can disturb the body's ability to function naturally. All that homeopathic medications do is to restore the vitality of the body so that it can find its way out of the disease all by itself. This kind of a treatment ensures that there are no side-effects whatsoever of homeopathic medicines.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.