Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nizar AhmedYour feedback matters!
Dr. Can U Please explain me about teeth problem, bleeding in teeth during pregnancy, why its happen and what is the solution for it. Thanks.
I continue suffer from mouth ulcers. I have showed many doctors. But they have just suggested b complex tablet. Yet it does make no difference. Can you suggest me?
Do you still want to take the chance?
Hi sir good afternoon. I am suffering from mouth problem and lips also. Small chaale but painless can you please tell me what should I do ?
Mere daant me bahut dard hotaa hai aur neeche ke daant bahut tede mede hai unhe seedha kiyaa jaa sakta hai yanhi mai bahut pareshaan hu isi kaaran mai hansta nahi hoo mujhe bahut niraasha hoti hai apni hansi dekhkar mujhe upaay batayein.
I am getting frequent mouth ulcers on tongue/lips. I am non-veg (weekly one/twice). I take coffee/tea 2-3 times a day. I am 58 years old doing yoga for last 3 years during morning from 6-7 a.m. Weekly 4/5 dyas. I am male and my weight is 70 kgs. One of my lower incisors is decolourised and weak for which root canal is done 20 years back and no cap is put. Too now the tooth is strong but it shakes little bit but some times I will get pain. Kindly clarify root cause for my frequent mouth ulcers.
Bad breath is a condition that usually results from poor oral health or digestive problems. Bad breath may also cause social awkwardness and self-esteem issues. The practitioner first carries out a diagnosis to detect the symptoms and prescribes a remedy accordingly.
The various causes of bad breath are:
- Irregular brushing habits
- Tobacco consumption
- Consuming certain foods like onion and garlic may result in a foul smell
- Yeast infections in the mouth
- Dry mouth where saliva production is minimal
- Illnesses such as kidney problems may cause bad breath
Homeopathy focuses on providing a holistic treatment rather than a symptom based treatment.
The various homeopathic remedies for bad breath are:
- Pulsatilla: If you have bad breath along with dry mouth, Pulsatilla can be an effective remedy. Pulsatilla is a very effective treatment for getting rid of bad breath along with dry mouth.
- Merc sol: It is very effective in treating bad breath along with increased production of saliva. If your salivary glands are overactive and have a moist mouth, then this remedy is recommended. It is also useful in getting rid of bad breath that occurs from dental cavities.
- Carbo veg: If the bad breath results from infections, such as gingivitis and gum bleeding, then you may use this remedy. It is also used in the treatment of pus discharge from the gums.
- Carbolic acid: Carbolic acid is used to treat bad breath along with constipation. The symptoms are bloated abdomen, abdominal cramps and nausea.
- Kreosote: This remedy is recommended for bad breath that results from dental caries. It may lead to bleeding from your gums due to teeth decay.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is a treatment that is recommended for bad breath that results from a throat infection. The throat infection may be accompanied by symptoms of fever.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is used for treating symptoms of bad breath along with cold. This also relieves symptoms of indigestion and constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Sir, I am 20 years boy and I am suffering from bitter taste in my mouth last 5 months. I have no fever. Also I fell much weakness. Please tell me what should I do and which medicine should I take ?
Fact: Scaling removes tartar and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Scaling and deep cleaning of gums prevent the problem of bad breath and bleeding gums. Thus, scaling is beneficial for teeth and gums. One should get professional cleaning done by a dentist with a proper ultrasonic scaler. Also, getting extensive scaling (more than required) done is harmful.
Myth 2: Only sugar causes cavities
Fact: Cavities occur when bacteria produce acids in the mouth. The process can begin by any carbohydrate that you consume. That includes sugar, fruits, vegetables, rice and bread. To reduce chances of tooth decay, one should not only practice good dental care but also limit the intake of acidic products.
Myth 3: Teeth whitening is harmful as it damages enamel
Fact: Technique like zoom whitening works by exfoliating stains from one's teeth to lighten them and bring back their natural colour. It is the simplest and safest procedure as a product is used by dentists that is devoid of bleaching agents and chemicals.
Myth 4: Brushing your bleeding gums is bad
Fact: Brushing is not only good on teeth, but also on your gums and tongue. Brushing these areas helps get rid of plaque which is what causes inflammation and eventually gum disease. One should not brush too hard if they have sensitive gums. One must not use a hard toothbrush on bleeding gums.
Myth 5: Using sugarless chewing gum after meal can replace brushing
Fact: Nothing can replace proper brushing technique. And in case you want to use sugarless chewing gum do not chew it for more than 10 minutes.