Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NivethikaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old male having a problem of bad breath in my mouth. I brush my teeth two time in a day. I have used many brand but no solution. I don't smoke but occasionally drink please reply what should I do.
I am 20 year old boy when I drink cold water so feeling pain in the roots of the teeth jaw. please suggest me.
I have a problem of mouth ulcers (white ulcer) in my mouth (on the walls of mouth and also on my tongue) my question is .is there any problem in my stomach as the continuously appear after disappearance.
I am suffering my left side teeth getting pain so what medicine and what is treatment for this pain?
Hi Doctors, Im 25 years old girl. I have gum problem loose teeth and plague and im also getting gaps in between tooth. please suggest me some medicine or mouthwash to overcome these problems. If I remove calculus will I gaps permanently? Im worried.
Professional scaling is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene. It should be done every six months. It helps in removing plaque, calculus, tartar which keeps depositing on teeth regularly and ultimately damages the teeth making it mobile by receding the gums. It also cause bleeding gums and bad breath. It may lead to several systemic diseases like heart failure, diabetes, liver and kidney distinction etc. So visit your dentist for regular checkup and dental cleaning.
I am 20 and I am having trouble with my teeth. I can't eat any food that are cold. Please suggest me some medical care. Thank you.
My last teeth is badly paining, I went to doctor, they said new teeth is coming we need to remove it, is it true? We need to remove the teeth?
Per month I always get some infections in mouth and it really scares me. Bcoz I am unable to eat or drink anythng at that time plzz help me is dis bcoz of season changing or I have some serious problem.
My sister often gets mouth ulcers (large in quantity) along with swelling of gums and lips. She has tried homeopathic medication. But this repeats very frequently. What should she do?
I am 22 years old and have chewed tobacco for about a 3 years but have completely left tobacco as of now for near about 3 months and will never use it any further. I have all my teeth in bad colour inside out and a few crooked teeth and one of the front teeth is broken a bit. Can it be treated? I want my teeth in good shape and colour and would promise never to use tobacco ever again. How much does teeth cleaning and whitening process cost?
I am 24 years old and due to chewing tobacco I am not able to open my full mouth and cannot insert more than two fingers in my mouth. Also please tell me which toothpaste is better for use to cleanising my teeth to make it white as earlier.
I am 29 years old female. I have small gap between the front two teeth. Also my upper set of teeth are bit protruding. But shows only when I speak. In chennai they are charging around 28 K for metallic braces. My friends did it under 15 K in non metro cities. I live in Chennai. Please suggest any good dental clinic which charges less for dental braces. My friends say I do not need braces as it does not show very obvious but I am not comfortable. Phone 9786259084 brindha. New88@gmail.com.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.
I spit a lot when I smoke is that a problem? if yes, what can it be? I am a 22 male smoking for 4 years now.
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.