Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NityaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My father is 65, and recent sonography test detected that he has mild prostate enlargement with significant post void residual urine. What treatment he should go please tell me?
Sir, in my inside mouth there is some white dots in both side I want to know it is cancer are any. It is for 25yrs plse answer.
What are told symptoms of cancer? If it passes by jeans or hereditary? If it passes from father to a son?
High fibre in diet prevents cancer of colon,prostrate and breast,as high fibre in diet inactivate carcinogens in diet.
Persons eating red meat which is low in fibre are having higher chances of colon cancer.
A balanced plant based diet having variety of vegitables,fruits soy,nuts,whole grain and beans can lower risk of developing cancer.
Eating vegitables containig carotenoids such carrot and sprout may reduce risk of cancer of mouth,lung,laryx and pharyx.
Diet high on non starchy food such as brocholi,spinach and beans may protect against cancer of stomach and oesophagus.
Fruit like citrus and amla have vit. Cand A and protect against cancer of lung and stomach.
Food high in lycopene like tomatoes,melon and guava can reduce risk of cancer of prostrate.
Drink lot of water as it excrete all toxins from body and reduces chances of cancer.It also inhances immunity.
Limit your consumption of salt to 2.4 gm /day,which reduces risk of stomach cancer.
How to protect our selves from getting cancer? What are steps to be taken to be protected? What are diet to be taken?
Dear Dr. My sister whose age is 27 years, in her head there is a small ball which is soft like a balloon filed with water, but there is no any pain, the ball is minimum 2 to 3 years old, shes body is too slim, please suggest me what to do ?
Nasopharynx cancer is a very unusual type of cancer. In this medical condition, cancer cells affect the nasopharynx region, which is the uppermost part of your pharynx. The cells start growing from the upper region of the throat and can spread up to your head. Nasopharynx is a very important passage of your body placed right behind your nose, which connects your nose to your mouth and allows you to breathe. Thus, if this crucial region gets affected by the growth of cancer cells, severe difficulties and health problems may crop up.
The most common symptoms of nasopharynx cancer are mentioned below:
Nasopharynx cancer cause serious problems to the ear-nose-throat region. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating nasopharynx cancer. A few of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Exclude salt in your diet and also avoid sea fishes or fishes containing salt.
- Practice good hygiene, since, nasopharynx cancer is primarily caused due to virus infections, practicing healthy habits like washing hands before and after food can prove to be helpful.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as it smoking and alcohol consumption will only worsen your condition.
- Certain breathing exercises may help you to cope up with the problem better.
- Panchakarma therapy which helps to clean your body from harmful toxins which may prove to be helpful.
- Also many Ayurvedic herbs and essential oils can effectively treat nasopharynx cancer.
I AM 66 YEARS OF AGE, MALE I AM ALWAYS ANXIOUS REGARDING MY HEALTH, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE ANY TERMINAL ILLNESS LIKE CANCER, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CLEAR MY DOUBTS, WHAT ARE THE TESTS WHICH WILL ENABLE ME TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE THE DISEASE OR NOT. I AM NOT HAVING APPETITE AND AM LOSING WEIGHT, IT CAN BE DUE TO MY MEDICATION FOR ATRIAL fibrillation WHICH I AM STILL TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurvedic practitioner and ask a free question.
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
What are the reasons behind the formation of cancer in lungs. What are symptoms which shows a person is suffering from lungs cancer.
I am 32 year old. I done my semen analysis show 10-15 pus cell. Is this a bacterial prostatitis or non bacterial process. How long should I take antibiotic.
Sir. My wife had three miscarriages. Doctor told me my wife and I both had rubella igG. Positive. But it's not at all a problem. Recently I found prostate infection and I am taking treatment. My doubt is can this type of prostate or uti infection antibody may. Wrongly shown as rubella igG antibodies.
Hello doctor my wife facing breast pain, it coming suddenly or if something/someone hits her breast accidentally, of course when iam squeezing her breast I feeling some kind of small hard thing in side, and she says its paining why is this happening? Please give me description for her, and suggestion.
Im 17 and I sometimes have sharp needle pains in my either right and left nipples alternatively is that a sign of breast cancer?
Here are screening and treatments of cervical cancer.