Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Nithyaa RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
I just inserted my finger in my girlfriend's vaginal opening and she got an itching sensation near her opening! Will it worry us?
Dieting vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the Fad?
When it comes to health foods, the craze these days are the low-fat foods or the diet foods - This craze is more of a fad. A fad that unfortunately, most of us are following. However, it is important that we understand that if the goal is to lose weight or stay fit - 'fat-free' isn't a magic wand! The health food market is full of a variety of restricted fat versions of foods. There is a variety of 'fat-free', 'low-fat', 'light' and 'reduced-fat' products available.
Let's understand what these terms actually mean.
- 'Fat-free' foods have less than 0.5 grams of fat per serving.
- 'Low-fat' foods have 3 grams of fat or less per serving.
- 'Reduced-fat' foods have at least 25% less fat than regular versions of those foods.
- 'Light' foods have either 1/3 fewer calories or 50% less fat.
The real issue with the 'actual' fat-free foods is that they are tasteless. To make up for that, food industries pour ingredients which enhance the flavor - especially sugar, refined flour, thickeners, salt and other additives. That actually adds calories, chemicals, and stabilizers which make the food ironically much less healthy than its 'with fat' version!
If the foods are not very appealing, they are less satisfying. However, if it comes as a healthy version, you can eat it guilt free and maybe eat a lot more of it.
The right thought is to think good fat, not fat-free! Follow these rules for the right fat intake.
- When it comes to health, the type of fat you eat is more important than the amount of fat you eat. It is recommended to keep the amount of fat in your diet down to about 30% of the total calorie intake.
- Don't include saturated fats, which are found in animal products (beef, pork, butter, and other full-fat dairy products), or artificial trans fats, found in partially hydrogenated oils, Dalda or vanaspati.
- Choose lean cuts of meat and fish, and low-fat dairy products, and eliminate trans fats from your diet as much as possible.
- Chose pure ghee, nuts, dairy, fatty fish, fruits like avocado or jackfruit in your diet.
- Avoid packeted, convenience and processed foods.
Tips for buying fat free foods
You do not have to completely miss total miss the fat-free foods, but pick them with the right knowledge! Here are the guidelines for the same:
- Read the food labels: Before buying a fat-free food, make sure the product isn't loaded with sugar or additives, and that it's actually lower in calories than the regular version. Also, check the serving size.
- Watch your servings: Sometimes it's better to eat one serving of more satisfying whole-fat food and avoid the extra calories and sugar in the low-fat version. So, having a few pieces of regular fried chips is way better than indulging in a bag full of the so-called baked chips.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains: These give you nutrients and fiber to keep you feeling full for longer, and they typically have fewer calories. They're also naturally low in fat. Eg: A baked potato is a better choice than 'baked' potato chips. The whole potato has more nutrients, more fiber, and fewer calories. Wheat cracks or daliya, vegetables, and fruit also have soluble fiber, which helps the body lower blood cholesterol. Your diet should have variety and be based on whole foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Every day foods that hurt male fertility
1. Men, avoid these foods!
#infertility in men is increasing at an alarming rate. Medical reasons aside, even some foods can play havoc with a man's fertility. We list down some of the foods that men should avoid to improve their sperm quality.
2. Carbonated beverages
Sipping on carbonated #beverages, like soft drinks or sports drink can impact your sperm count. A study published in human reproduction, regular drinking of carbonated beverages is linked to poor sperm motility.
3. Processed meat
Eating processed meat can compromise your sperm count. According to a harvard study (2014), men who consumed processed meat in excess had 23 per cent lower #sperm quality than guys who ate it in small quantities. In another study of journal of #epidemiology, it was found that processed meat was associated with lower sperm count
This is another reason to ditch your glass of alcohol. The more you drink, the more it impacts your sperm count. In fact, according to some studies, even if you drink in moderation, you are compromising on your sperm #quality
5. Cheese and full cream milk
According to a study done in human reproduction in 2013, excess consumption of cheese and full fat milk may impact sperm count. Dairy products do add protein and essential nutrients required by the body but full fat dairy products, especially cheese and full fat milk should be #avoided
6. Foods that can increase your sperm count
Eating healthy and fresh foods are not only beneficial for overall health but also for the health of your sperm. Here are some #superfoods that you should include in your diet to improve your sperm count.
It has been found that bananas improve male #libido and regulate #sex #hormones. As they are rich in vitamin c, a and b1, they boos fertility in men.
Broccoli is said to increase sperm count. It is rich in #vitamin a, just as carrots, spinach, apricots, sweet potatoes and carrots.
Another nutrient important for healthy sperms is omega-3 fatty acids. #walnuts are packed with omega 3 fatty acids that boost blood flow to the genitals, which in turn increases male fertility
Garlic does wonders in #boosting #male #fertility. The allicin and selenium present in garlic, protect sperms from damage and improve quality
11. Dark chocolate
The temptation is enough for its consumption. But knowing its benefits in boosting male fertility may make it more difficult to resist. High in anti-oxidants, dark chocolate helps in fighting against free radicals. But make sure that you do not consume more than one or two squares a day.
12. Eat vitamin c enriched foods
Foods enriched in #vitamin #c may help in boosting the fertility in men. These nutrients help prevent sperm defects and boost sperm health
#drnagi #drnagiclinic #vikasnagi #sexologist #best
#top #ambala #punjab.
Women who works long hours of work or regularly lift heavy items at work may have difficulty conceiving. Working more than 40 hours a week delayed pregnancy by 20 percent compared to working between 21 and 40 hours a week moving or lifting more than 9 kilos several times a week delayed pregnancy by about 50 percent compared to not lifting heavy objects
I have irregular periods so doctor advice for sonography in that both ovaries are enlarge in size with multiple tiny cysts are seen in it. Finding suggestive of polycystic ovaries.
Hi I am pranali my problem is irregular period cycle 31 day gap between first period to next month period what can I do.
Hello. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex she took ipill after 2 3 hours she’s 18 years old. We had sex on 25th September and after two weeks on 8th October she got periods. Is everything normal? Please reply.
I m.25 years old unmarried female. I have severe vaginal itching with a little white discharge since last 6/7 days. Due to this I have pain and swelling. Please give me proper suggestion and treatment.
Ya but I don't know that I am pregnant when I know that I am pregnant .in this what can I do I am unmarried how I can deliver the baby sorry I can't do that please doctor help me to abort please either other chance is my death that's it please help me.
I had a surgical abortion 3 years ago. For last two months I was trying for baby. But did not get any positive result. Now my age is 30. So is it due to my previous abortion?
Hi, my name is Monika Sangwan. My age is 33. Have a son of five year old (cesarean delivery). After delivery, I am not having my period in full, very less fluid is discharged. No spots during 3rd day even. Periods coming on time monthly Pls suggest.
I had unprotected sex and I took ipill yesterday and again we had unprotected sex today should I take ipill again is there any chance of pregnancy.
I am 31 years old and had a miscarriage on 9th of april. I want to know how long it will take for my body to recover?
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.