Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithya Gayathri DeviYour feedback matters!
How to make my skin of face smoothly. Previously I suffered with pimples 2 years back. Now they vanished. By making small depressions and holes and some black spots on my face how to reduce them and make skin very smooth.
I am facing a lot of acne problems on my face due to dandruff on my scalp. How should I get rid of it?
What is the best possible homeopathic medication for scalp infection causing hair fall and increasing blood supply to scalp skin? Please advice age accordingly. I will be highly thankful.
Dear sir I have a problem of white hair and baldness is there any natural way to get rid off please suggest.
Can we have fish oil, milk and boiled egg at a time I have heard that it causes permanent white skin patches.
Iam. Getting black marks in face and neck once pimples get disappear. Is there any home remedies to avoid black marks. And I can feel my mouth fresh only for three hours from brushing time. I feeling bad smell from mouth.
Hi m 28 years old n m getting pigmentation on my nose n cheek I have been using cosmelite n depiwhite n taking tranexa tablet after few months I stop taking all this now again it has started pigmentation so can you suggest me any cream coz my skin is very sensitive n dry.
I am facing severe hair fall. I have tried all types of oils and shampoos but no relief yet. Please help me out.
I have a dark circle problem and pigmentation too .when I click photos in sun or in day it doesn't visible. But at night if I take pictures it is clearly visible. And my original skin tone is gone I was so fair previously. But now my skin got Lil dark color. Not that much fair skin. And dark spots also.
I am 16 please year old boy. And I have problem with my hair is 1/50% please turned to wight. Please send me remedy
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical Peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dandruff is caused by the shedding of skin cells from the scalp. As the cells die, a small amount of flaking is normal, but when the flaking increases it causes dandruff. It is characterized by itchiness and flakes of skin on clothing or on hair. It is mostly a cause of embarrassment but may also indicate underlying conditions within the body which may need to be corrected.
What Causes Dandruff?
Not combing hair regularly– People who don’t brush or comb their hair regularly are more susceptible to developing dandruff. It is advised that you comb your hair at least 3 to 4 times daily as it will displace the skin cells and stop them from accumulating into large shedding of flakes.
Yeast can also cause dandruff– People who are sensitive to yeast, can sense an increase of dandruff during the winters. During the winters the skin tends to get drier and this makes dandruff more likely to occur. This yeast is a normal part of the fungi that lives in your hair, but with drier conditions tends to flourish and thus cause dandruff.
Naturally dry skin- Dry skin also contributes to dandruff formation. When people with dry skin sit in an air conditioned room, dandruff formation increases.
Seborrheic dermatitis (oily and irritated skin)- This affects the skin of the scalp, eyebrows, back of the ears, breastbone and the side of the nose. People who suffer from seborrheic dermatitis have greasy red skin covered with white and yellow scales. These scales may fall off and thus cause dandruff.
Not Washing your hair– Not shampooing regularly can also cause dandruff due to buildup of dead skin and oil.
Treatment of Dandruff:
Shampoo your scalp regularly with an anti-dandruff shampoo- Seborrheic dermatitis cannot be cured but it can be controlled over time. Use an anti- dandruff shampoo which contains zinc, selenium sulphide, and salicylic acids. Much of the normal dandruff is cleared by using proper shampoo at regular intervals.
Use tea tree oil- Tea tree oil has been used for ages as an antiseptic and an antibiotic. Some people are allergic to it, so precaution should be taken before using it by testing it on a small area of skin on your hands. However, it has been shown to be very effective in combating the development of dandruff when used as topical oil on the scalp.
Green tea- Drinking a cup of green tea two to three times a day can also reduce dandruff. Green tea has many herbal properties which are meant to treat psoriasis and dandruff. Washing your hair with green tea bags can also help control dandruff.
- Home remedies- Rubbing baking soda on a wet scalp has been claimed to reduce dandruff among many such other home remedies. However, it is best to consult your dermatologist before undertaking any of these methods.
Hello, I am having problem related to my skin actually my skin colour is gonna dull day to day due to sun light and dust. firstly I think I should tell you that my skin colour is very fair. So I dont want to get any type of problem in my skin. My hands are more dull as compare to my othr body parts. Sometimes I do massage from milk lotions. So only for sometime it get fairer but not for long. So please tell me some tips about how to make my skin perfect even in sunlight. I will very thankful to you.
Itching is skin tingling or irritation that makes you want to scratch the itchy area. It's a symptom of many health conditions. Common causes are
Insect bites and stings
Parasites such as pinworms, scabies and head lice
Reactions to medicines
To soothe itchy skin, you can try cold compresses, lotions and lukewarm baths. Avoid scratching, wearing irritating fabrics and high heat and humidity. Most itching is not serious. However, if you itch all over, have hives that keep coming back or have itching without an apparent cause, you might require medical attention.