Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithya Gayathri DeviYour feedback matters!
The secret behind beautiful hair is having healthy hair. In order to have healthy and beautiful hair, you must take care of your hair on a regular basis.
The following are ten hair care tips that you should never ignore:
- Choose your hair care products according to your hair type. Avoid getting lured by advertisements. Take the responsibility of knowing your hair type oily, dry or straight. Knowing your hair type will help you to pick out the appropriate product suitable for your hair type.
- Do not forget to use a conditioner every time after you apply shampoo on your hair. Conditioner helps to lock the hair cuticles and prevents hair from shedding.
- Try massaging your hair and scalp with oil at regular intervals. Oil provides nourishment to your hair and can also reduce hair fall.
- Remember to make a visit to the salon for regular trimmings. That can help you to avoid split ends and can make your hair grow longer.
- You must make sure to use an appropriate comb for your hair so that your scalp is not affected in any way.
- Include foods in your diet, which are replete in vitamins like Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Also incorporate proteins; eating the right foods can help you get the hair you always wanted.
- Indulging yourself in regular exercises is also crucial in order to maintain good and healthy hair.
- Using vitamin E capsules and hair revitalizers occasionally can enhance your hair growth.
- Avoid using hair dryers as they may damage your hair if used from a close proximity.
- After every wash, let your hair dry naturally as it will reduce hair fall.
Following the aforesaid hair care tips can help you to have beautiful and long hair. Taking care of your hair in a proper manner can reduce your chances of developing hair problems also.
Nail fungus is a very common problem. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or crumbling of the nail. It is usually not painful, unless the infection spreads. If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery. Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal nail infections:
- Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing, both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery. However, there are a few probable side-effects that occur while taking these medicines and these include loss in taste, rashes, diarrhoea, itching, headache and others.
- Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
- Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case. The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home:
- Keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- Wear well fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- Clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- Don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- Don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- Consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- Treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
I'm having swollen lymph nodes 4,5 inches below the back of ears on both sides, I'm not aware how long it is but noticed 2 month and ago, Lt node is painful to touch, no pain in Rt, itching pt in nape of neck some eruptions appear on and off I'm having headlice for so many years ,sometimes I feel pain in both axillary nodes also please answer if it it could be due to lice infestation or anything serious?
I am having spots on my face because of pimples. I want to get rid of it because its so. It gives me weird feeling many a times.
I'm struggling with jock itch for last one month, its in black color ring shape surrounded by white color. Tried miconazole and clotrimazole but no improvement. It's itching and spreading. Please help.
I am a 18 years male and I have full of pimples or acne in my face. Is there any solution to get rid of it.
Sir ,I m suffering to licoderma since childhood but after a long treatment of homeopathic licoderma has finished to my skin but some burning like spots are left on my skin so I want to talk about.
I have severe problem of dandruff since last 15 years or so, have consulted dermatologist in 2014 but was given variety of shampoos and few folic acid medicines for several months but it wasn't working. Afterwards I got my head shaved 3-4 times in 2015 and it appears that half of the scalp (I. E.; entire front part, half of head) is somehow infected such that I can't get rid of dandruff problem at all. My hair density has reduced significantly in last few years, hair is too thin. Homeomedicine isn't working also. I apply oil after taking bath, please assist in case this problem is curable.
I have been using many brands facewash thats ehy some chemical mis reacted my face and marks arose in my face.
Kindly suggest some medicine for dandruff. Because I have heavy dandruff I'm scaring that I may loose all my hairs. Kindly help me.
I have got a yellow and little blue spot just above nipple on left side and it pains it happened after my bf had bit there and pressed hard.
It is natural to loose between 50 and 100 hair a day. With about 100,000 hair on your head, that small loss is unnoticeable. The lost hair is normally replaced by new hair but not always. Hair loss can develop gradually over years or happen abruptly. Hair loss can be permanent or temporary.
It is impossible to count the amount of hair lost on a given day. You may be loosing more hair than normal if you notice:
a large amount of hair in the drain after washing your hair
clumps of hair in your brush
you notice thinning patches of hair
you experience baldness
If you notice that you are losing more hair than usual, you should discuss the problem with your doctor. He or she can determine the underlying cause of your hair loss and suggest appropriate treatment plans.
Causes of Hair Loss
First your doctor will try to determine the underlying cause of your hair loss. The most common cause of hair loss is hereditary male- or female-pattern baldness. If you have a family history of baldness, you may be susceptible to this type of hair loss. It is triggered by certain sex hormones and may begin as early as puberty.
In some cases, hair loss may be related to a simple halt in the cycle of hair growth. Major illnesses, surgeries, or traumatic events can trigger hair loss. However, your hair will usually start growing back without treatment.
Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills, and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
Medical conditions that can cause hair loss include thyroid disease, alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles), and scalp infections like ringworm. Diseases that cause scarring like lichen planus and some types of lupus can result in permanent hair loss because of the scarring.
Hair loss can also be caused by medications used to treat cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, and heart problems.
A physical or emotional shock may trigger hair loss that will be noticeable after the event. Examples of this type of shock include a death in the family, extreme weight loss, or a high fever. People with the mental illness trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder) have a compulsion to pull out their hair?usually from their head, eyebrows, or eyelashes. Traction hair loss can be caused by hairstyles that put pressure on the follicles by pulling the hair back very tightly.A diet lacking in protein, iron, and other nutrients can lead to thinning hair.