Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithya DeviYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am newly married just need to know when can I have sex so that the pregnancy chances are not there. What are the days when there is high chances of getting pregnant. Suggest some precautions apart from condoms and Pills to avoid pregnancy.
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.
Dear Dr. I have sex With my wife on 15 jan and her period came 1 day late from her period cycle that is 25 jan and now its 29 feb and still her period didn't happens We have take 2 times pregnancy test with preganews but its shows negative then why period is not happening Is she is pregnant doctor or something else? Doctor please help us.
I was married on 4 th Feb of last month and on 7th Feb my wife's period was Come but this time my wife's period not come and I was checked pregnancy test on 8 th but that time it is negative wht is the reason why my wife's period not coming and she had a pain on uterus pls reply.
I missed my periods for 20 days my pregnancy test is negative so my doctor advice to take regrestrone tablet 2 times a day for 5 days but still my periods not come. Is it possible to get postive in pregnant test now?
After completion of period within 3 day we was meet together closely is it possible baby will be come?
I had a healthy sexual life now I am getting married my opening is big as 2 fingers can be and loose vagina. Does my husband will come to know I am not a virgin?
It would be an understatement to say that the male reproductive organ is the most important and the most sensitive organ in the body of the males. Even a small jerk can put this organ in an intense pain, which can sometimes even prove fatal.
There are a number of conditions and diseases that affect the penis. Ling ko lekar kisi bhi prakaar ki problems purusho ko kaafi pareshaan kar deti hai. For example, ling ka tesha hone, uski lambai kum hona, ling mein dard tatha ling pe dane hona log ek gambhir baat samajhte hain.
Pimples on penis is one of the most talked about topics in male sexuality forum. Log isey ek gambhir baat smjhte hain aur isko lekar kaafi pareshan rehte hain. However, they should know that there is nothing to worry about it and that it is absolutely normal.
Some men feel that pimples on penis appear because of some sought of sexual infection and that it may put their sexual life on hold. However, they must know that this is not the only reason. Dane sharir ke kisi bhi ang par ho sakte hain, including genitals. Pimples are primarily a result of blockage in the pores of the oil glands in the skin.
What causes penis pimples and bumps?
Fordyce spots, folliculitis, STDs, genital warts, sores and even cancer can cause those small zits and bumps on the penis. Knowing what caused the lumps can help understand how to get rid of the problem. Here are the most common causes of penile pimples, zits, cysts and lumps-
Fordyce spots on penis: Fordyce spots can appear as white bumps, pale red or yellowish bumps on the skin. Fordyce spots are not a sexually transmitted infection (STI) although it is easy to mistaken their appearance with some symptoms of an STD. These spots appear as a cluster of small pimples or papules. Therefore, those small white pimples on penis head and shaft are likely to be Fordyce spots.
Folliculitis and white bumps on penis: Folliculitis is the infection of hair follicles. The infection is usually caused by either a fungus or bacteria. This infection is common in the pubic area, especially if your genital hygiene is not so good.
Tyson glands under the penile frenulum: Tyson glands are simply sebaceous glands that appear under the penis head. They are usually referred to by many people as pimples on penis or under the penile head or corona because they appear as small white bumps that are pus-filled. These tiny whitish yellow pimples on the penis are not harmful and should not cause you any worry.
Pearly penile papules: The ridge on the penile glans can have tiny lumps that may appear as pimples forming a line around the penis head. These small pimples on penis can appear in multiple rows or on just a single row around the corona. They are called pearly penile papules (PPP).
Lymphocele lump on penis: A hard pimple on penis or penile shaft is likely to be a lymphocele. Hard spots or bumps normally occur after sex or vigorous masturbation that causes deep bruises. Lymphoceles are not a serious problem but occur as a result of a blockage or swelling of the lymph system on the penile shaft.
Pimple on penis STDs and Genital Herpes and Warts: In some instances, small or even big pimples on penile head or shaft can be caused by a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Genital warts appear as small fleshy growths that are caused by an STI called human papilloma virus (HPV).
Pimple on penile shaft from Molluscum contagiosum: Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that affects the skin. It causes round, hard bumps the size of a pinhead on the skin. These bumps can grow into the size of a pencil eraser. Molluscum contagiosum pimples on the penile shaft can affect both children and adults alike.
Acne on penis, zits and whiteheads: It is not common to have acne on the penis, but it happens. Acne on penile shaft is likely to manifest as small white spots on penis or red pimples if they are inflamed. The resultant zits and cysts become infected and may feel painful. Acne zits and whiteheads are common during puberty. If you have an oily acne-prone skin, you are likely to get one red bump on your pubic area.
Cancer and big pimple on the penis: Penile cancer is very rare. When it starts to show signs, you are likely to see small pimple-like bumps on the shaft. The sore lump can be a source of discomfort and could keep growing. The most common area it affects is the head of the penis.
Treatment to Get Rid of Pimples on Penis-
How do you get rid of penile pimples, zits, cysts, acne and bumps? Avoid DIY treatments unless you are sure of what you are dealing with. Most treatments will include antibiotics, antivirals and antifungals. Your doctor will give the appropriate medication depending on the underlying cause of the problem. Here are some of the possible cures of penile bumps and pimples-
Fordyce spots are generally considered a normal occurrence on the skin and should be left to clear on their own.
Pearly penile papules are a normal occurrence on the penis and should not require any form of treatment. The same applies for Tyson glands that appear as yellow pimples or white bumps on penis head.
Anti-acne medications such as salicylic acid can help reduce whiteheads and acne zits in the pubic region.
You can prevent razor bumps on the penis with proper shaving techniques and changing your hair removal methods. If the bumps are itchy, anti-itch medications applied topically will reduce the irritation.
If you suspect that you have a bump on your penis caused by cancer, see a doctor as soon as possible. Cancer can be prevented from spreading when treatment is started early enough.
I am 24 yrs. I have some rituals in my home from 23rd nov to 29th nov. But my last months periods date was 21st of oct. And as expectedin this month it will happen between 23rd to 25th of nov. Please suggest me any medicine so that I can preponed my menses.
At time of monthly cycle not a single drop of blood comes and if we do sex than their is a chance of pregnancy or not We are doing unsafe sex without condoms for last two month still my wife didn't get pregnant.
Whether you have a headache due to cold, stress or lack of sleep, here are some remedies to help you deal with a headache:
Take a nap: sleeping for a short while help to reduce headaches. However take care not to oversleep as it can aggravate the headache. A nap of 15-30 minutes is sufficient.
Practice breathing exercises: take slow deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. This helps to ease out the discomfort caused due to the headache.
Head massage: massages are known to be effective in curing headaches. Gently massage your temples with your fingers in a circular motion. Also, gently tap your fingers on your forehead.
Aromatherapy: sniffing some aromatic oils can not only reduce headache but also uplift your mood. Essential oils of lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla are beneficial in soothing your stress away.
I'm 37 weeks pregnant and suffering from very high pulse rate usually between 107-145. My gynaecologist referred me to have urgent delivery in other hospital but other gynaecologists are refusing to do delivery now. They are saying that we should wait. Can somebody give me a expert advice on it?
My wife aged about 33 years complaining in lower abdomen near ovaries on both sides as also in her back. Three months back an ultrasound was done in which in right ovary a hemorrhagic cist was detected. The doctor suggested me to take ovaral-g for four months, same has now about to complete but she is not getting change in pain. Apart from it she is complaining pain in her ribs in chest please suggest medicine/ mode of treatment.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.