Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nithiya SrivatsanYour feedback matters!
I had asked about my girlfriend, who didn't get period, the reason I expressed was that we had sex by adopting pull out method and traveling stress that she had to bare, for that you told me go for pregnancy test kit. After doing pregnancy test through that kit, we got negative result, it indicated single strip, but still she has not got periods, today early morning we did the test, it has been 42 day since her last period, what should we do now, should we consult doctor or wait.
My wife is 39 years old and right now she is conceived, and 4 months running, As per her statement she got the last period on 4th of March but as per the USG on 3th June the Doctor say the age of the fetus is 14 weeks few days, My question is that how come the age is increased whereas as per the LMP it suppose to be 12 to 13 weeks app.
I am of 25, I have delivered a baby of 7 months old and now I feel very restless and inactive, feeling very lazy. Is it normal for any new mom?
My wife is pregnant just 4 days . Kindly guide what precautions she should take in first trimester. After 2 years she got pregnant after medication and iui What are dos and do nots.
I am suffering from pcod. Low sugar and have clot in left side of brain. So I contraceptive pills are not allowed to me. Then what is the solution for pcod. My weight is increasing despite all efforts.
I have late period from last 2-3 months (10-15 days. But this month my period missed. When period date come very small bleeding occur and stop. I have doubt pregnancy but test is negative. Please give me the solution what do.
Using pregnancy kit my gf found to b pregnant, is there any other way of aborting the child rather than abortion?
If left fallopian tube ruptured and removed still chance is there fertilisation in left fallopian tube.
Sleep disorders are problems in the pattern of sleep of an individual, often leading to a serious mental, physical and psychological strain. The most common types of sleep disorders are:
- Insomnia: People suffering from insomnia usually display symptoms like difficulty in falling asleep, waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to get back to sleep or waking up feeling tired.
- Sleepwalking: People suffering from this disorder get up and walk around, being asleep all this time.
- Narcolepsy: People suffering from narcolepsy usually complain of overwhelming drowsiness after waking up and the drowsiness persists throughout the day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Patients suffering from this, generally experience a state where their breathing pauses for a while and resumes after few seconds. This usually happens when throat muscles block the airway and create problems.
Homeopathy offers several treatments for these disorders and they are:
- Using Nux Vomica: This is especially helpful in case of insomnia; it can help in recovering from a general state of sleeplessness.
- Using Coffea cruda: Sleep disturbance and waking up in the middle of the night are symptoms for which this medicine proves to be beneficial.
- Belladonna: Bad dreams of deep-lying insecurities that don't let the patient sleep are most common symptoms that can be treated by this. Belladonna helps in case of problems of consistent sleep.
- Stramomium: It is beneficial for sleepwalking and also proves to be helpful to an extent in case of sleep apnea.
- Aconite: Especially, helpful for patients suffering from narcolepsy as it reduces the onset of tiredness brought about by lack of sleep and thus, helps in recovering from the drowsiness and lack of activity that narcolepsy brings.
- Phosphorus: Helps in case of sleepwalking and is often beneficial in cases of insomnia too.
- Pulsatilla: Beneficial for obstructive sleep apnea by reducing the muscle constriction and for people suffering from acute cases of narcolepsy.
- Arsenicum: It helps with better sleep for people suffering from sleeplessness due to anxiety, fear or worry. Acute thirst of water coupled with lack of sleep past midnight and general drowsiness are the symptoms that you need Arsenicum. This works well for sleepwalking patients too.
- Valerianna: Especially, beneficial for sleepwalking patients. Patients who are only able to sleep towards the morning are the ones on whom this works well and this can be taken in herbal capsule form as well.
I missed my period my last period date is feb 19th i am trying to a baby. After my miss period i do many pregnancy tests but the result is negative at every day when am i check test. What is my problem i am suffer with nausea sometimes
My friend has been suffering from excessive hunger since 4 months. She gets tired very fast even after doing small piece of work. What should she do?
Doctor I had a miscarriage on 15 march aftr 2 months my periods were not in flow evn not regular I get my usg done it shows pcod please tell how dis problem occurs bcz I want to conceive now what todo?
Is it possible to be infected with stds or hiv if one's indulge in too much anal sex? What precautions one should use before anal sex?
Hi doctor. I have one doubt. HSG is rare cause for Endometriosis? Is any relationship between HSG and Endometriosis. Can you explain me about Endometriosis.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
Laziness is identified by poor nutrition. Nowadays lifestyle drives people to take snacks and junk foods that can lead to overweight which in turn lead to laziness. Many other things that are like poor diet, lack of the vitamins and minerals, and insufficient exercise lead to a lack of energy that also contributes to your general feeling of laziness. So to avoid this please follow the points:
1. Regular meditation.
2. Exercises that keeps your CVS system well and healthy like walking, jumping, squatting, skipping etc.
3. If possible for cycling or fast walking early morning.
4. Have food good in nutrition like vitamins/ minerals.
5. Excessive intake of water as it removes metabolic toxins from the body and keep your fit and healthy.
6. Stay calm and patience.