Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithiya SrivatsanYour feedback matters!
I have a periodic issue from last few month after marriage. My period date are not constant n m overweight too. 5.6 height weight 95 kg.
My period had stop 3 days ago, last night I had sex with my husband, he got discharged inside me, today morning time had a slice pineapple and papaya. Is there possible of getting pregnant or not.
Sir/mam, I had an intercourse with my gf on july, 2nd, without condom, she had told me that her menses had come on 21 june that time. Now, three and half months have passed, I want to be just sure that pregnancy has not taken place. How should I get confirmed?
Some of the most effective home remedies for varicose veins include the use of olive oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, parsley, horse chestnut, grapeseed oil, pine bark, marigold, and various lifestyle changes.
Varicose veins are the unsightly and uncomfortable veins, most often occurring in the leg, that have become twisted or enlarged, preventing proper blood flow to extremities and forcing your cardiovascular system to work harder to achieve proper unidirectional blood flow. As people age, or if they have professions that make them stand for long periods of time, the veins can often become tangled in this way, preventing the normal leaflets of our veins from directing blood in one direction. When blood begins flowing in opposite directions, it can become extremely painful, whether one is standing or not. While varicose veins rarely result in life-threatening complications, it can still manifest in the form of leg swelling, edema, venous eczema, skin thickening, and visible vein knots in the legs or affected area. While this affliction most commonly affects the legs, as that is where the body must work hardest to overcome gravity and pump the blood back to the chest, it can also occur on other parts of the body.
￼Symptoms of varicose veins include aching legs, swollen ankles or knees, unexplained fatigue in the legs, slow healing time on small wounds or cuts on the legs, cramps, and skin discoloration or irritation on the calves or feet. If you believe that you are suffering from varicose veins, there are some in-hospital treatments that can alleviate some of the symptoms, but these are often temporary, expensive, and, as with all surgeries, carry a degree of risk. Instead, there are dozens of herbal remedies that have been developed, tested, and relied on for years to eliminate varicose veins, treat its symptoms, or keep them under control in a healthy, effective way. Let’s take a closer look at some of these treatments below.
10 effective home remedies for varicose veins
1. Horse chestnut: the extract from horse chestnut seeds is considered extremely effective against varicose veins, as horse chestnuts are astringent in nature and contain a powerful compound called aescin, which inhibits the destructive enzymes that damage capillary walls. Patients suffering from varicose veins can experience a reduction in swelling and pain when the extract is consumed. However, only the extract can be consumed, as raw horse chestnuts contain other compounds that are actually toxic.
2. Grapeseed oil: grapeseed is a very powerful type of natural oil that has long been used to relieve inflammation and muscle pain when applied in a topical manner. Grapeseedextract can also be consumed, but the unpleasant taste often makes people prefer the topical application of the oil. The proanthocyanids contained in the oil can strengthen the capillary walls and resist degradation, while also reducing inflammation and even promoting healthy blood flow to the extremities.
3. Marigold: marigold is rich in antioxidant compounds and vitamin c, both of which are essential for protecting the skin and maintaining the health and strength of veins and capillaries. You can eat marigold petalsdirectly, but that isn’t considered as effective as boiling the petals and then dipping a hot cloth in the boiled water, which should be infused with the beneficial compounds and chemicals. Apply that cloth to the affected area of your leg to experience reduced swelling, an elimination of pain, and and important collagen transfer that can help your body rebuild damaged capillaries and veins to prevent varicose veins from spreading.
4. Pine bark: the proanthocyanid compoundsfound in grapeseed are also present in the bark of pine trees, in addition to other unique compounds in the extracts that strengthen capillary walls, bind collagen to veins, promote elasticity of the veins, improves blood circulation, and even lowers blood pressure. Pine bark extract is widely available and can be used safely for long periods of time if the problem persists.
5. Parsley: this common herb is another popular home remedy for varicose veins, as its high level of vitamin c promotes the creation of collage and subsequent repair of damaged blood vessels. Rutin is the powerful organic compound in parsley that directly affects capillary strength, making it a key herb to add to your diet if you’re suffering from unsightly varicose veins.
6. Apple cider vinegar: as always, it seems like almost any condition can be improved somehow by this magical cure-all. In terms of varicose veins, consuming apple cider vinegar has been shown to detoxify the blood, while also promoting circulation and reduce inflammation. These three factors together make it an ideal tonic for varicose vein conditions. The easiest remedy is mixing two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drinking it two times a day. You can also get undiluted apple cider vinegar and combine it with your normal lotion and apply it to the affected areas. Both remedies are highly effective.
7. Cayenne pepper: the bioflavonoids and vitamin c found in cayenne pepper are able to promote healthy blood flow to the extremities and ease the pain of swollen or aching joints and leg muscles. The pain of varicose veins is often worse than the appearance, and consuming or topically applying a paste of cayenne pepper can definitely help alleviate those uncomfortable situations.
8. Olive oil: as with grapeseed oil, olive oil is able to significantly improve your health. You can rub olive oil on the affected area and allow the rich mixture of organic compounds so the inflammation and pain, and also stimulate repair on injured or degraded capillaries and blood vessels.
9. Garlic: as another apparent cure-all, garlic can break up toxins in the body and stimulate their release, in addition to reducing inflammation and increasing healthy circulation throughout the body. Adding garlic to your diet or regularly applying a garlic paste to the varicose veins can quickly reduce their appearance and discomfort.
10. Lifestyle changes: a number of lifestyle habits can exacerbate varicose veins, including standing for long periods of time, impact exercises or sports, being overweight, wearing high heels, sedentary lifestyle where you don’t walk or move your legs for periods of 30 minutes or longer, excessive alcohol intake, and smoking, which slows down circulation throughout your body. Eliminate or change some of these lifestyle factors and you will see a definite improvements in your varicose vein symptoms.
Does having a hsg test increase the chances for getting pregnant. Actually m pcod patient treatment is going in for the last 3 and half months. Is this the last treatment. please plz suggest.
Respected Dr. If I had took unwanted 72 with the reason of unprotected sex 50 hrs ago from now and by mistake now I again done unprotected sex. And my period is came 3 days ago from today. So please can you tell me Any type of pregnancy is possible or not That medicine which was I took, it safe me or not again now? Help me plz.
Before mensuration time I have to go through an unbearable pain in my back and stomach. Please advice me if the same can be reduced.
We get Innovative & more productive: When we are truly & totally alone, we don’t rely on other people to entertain or otherwise enhance our life experience. Not only it forces us to think differently but we also don’t hold our self back in any way. Result? more new ways of accomplishing a task that we might not even had tried before, had we been working in a group. (Remember the movie & novel The Martian??)
We Work Harder: Remember school & college group projects?? I bet we all had near similar experiences where one or two members of the group put in all the donkeys work on behalf of group of four or five students! This group mentality of being Passive or “someone else will do it or should do it” doesn’t exist when we are alone. And of course, if we don’t do what we are supposed to, we shall be the one's taking the blame. But on the brighter side, when we are totally alone, we are completely free from distractions and can actually focus on getting work done with monomaniacal focus.
We are able to clear our minds better:We all need time to recharge. This happens best during periods of loneliness where we can sit back & objectively think about our problems, projects without the burden of outside opinions. History is ripe with tales of great ideas & inventions springing to life in serenity of solitude.
So next time, we should all welcome the prospect of spending ''that weekend'' or ''that trip'' alone all by ourselves!! Cheers!
My periods are missed last time the date when periods are gone in 12 October 2016 but today is 23rd still my periods has not come. I have check for the pregnancy two time result is negative please suggest me.
I Am suffering from ovarian cyst i am not getting my periods. By using tablets only am getting periods. My height is 5 n my weight is 78 so pls give me suggestions to get regular periods. And to conceive what might be done
Hi I am 7.5 months pregnant. My doctor has given glucose and other blood tests after 15 days. Does this mean that my delivery will be on next month. My eod is 7th sept. And it will be c section.
Early signs of pregnancy
For women who have a regular monthly menstrual cycle, the earliest and most reliable sign of pregnancy is a missed period. Women who are pregnant sometimes have a very light period, losing only a little blood.
Some of the other early pregnancy signs and symptoms are listed below. Every woman is different and not all women will notice all of these symptoms.
Feeling sick during pregnancy
You may feel sick and nauseous, and/or vomit. This is commonly known as morning sickness, but it can happen at any time of the day or night.
Around half of all pregnant women experience nausea and vomiting, and around 3 in 10 women experience nausea without vomiting. For most women who have morning sickness, the symptoms start around six weeks after their last period.
If you're being sick all the time and can't keep anything down, contact your Doctor. The pregnancy condition hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is a serious condition that causes severe vomiting and needs treatment.
Feeling tired is common in pregnancy
It's common to feel tired, or even exhausted, during pregnancy, especially during the first 12 weeks or so. Hormonal changes taking place in your body at this time can make you feel tired, nauseous, emotional and upset.
Sore breasts in early pregnancy
Your breasts may become larger and feel tender, just as they might do before your period. They may also tingle. The veins may be more visible, and the nipples may darken and stand out.
Peeing more often suggests pregnancy
You may feel the need to pee (urinate) more often than usual, including during the night.
Other signs of pregnancy that you may notice are:
constipation an increased vaginal discharge without any soreness or irritation
Strange tastes, smells and cravings
During early pregnancy, you may find that your senses are heightened and that some foods or drinks you previously enjoyed become repellent. You might notice:
a strange taste in your mouth, which many women describe as metallicthat you crave new foodsthat you lose interest in certain foods or drinks that you previously enjoyed – such as tea, coffee or fatty food that you lose interest in tobacco that you have a more sensitive sense of smell than usual – for example, to the smell of food or cooking
If your pregnancy test is negative
A positive test result is almost certainly correct. A negative result is less reliable. If you get a negative result and still think that you may be pregnant, wait a week and try again, or see a Doctor.
I am a 36 year old lady mother of two kids, often I have server head ache and migraine. The pain is too much and I can not bear it . I had consume tab combiflam ,for the head ache. There is no other problem except the skipping of periods. Further after my second kid I had done my tubuctomy also. Please advise what I should do whom to consult. What is the remedy.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- It does not cause puncture in uterus but may cause perforation
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.