Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nithiya SrivatsanYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 23 years old. I look very lean. And flat chest. I am getting married soon but I don't have that personality to carry sarees and bridal elegance. I think it might be problematic with my husband's satisfaction level too. And I have been recently affected by urine infection I.e ecoli bacteria. Took antibiotics and consulted doctor and again m feeling burning sensation now. Could you please help me with nutrition I should take to grow fat and breast size improvement or are their any surgeries I can cope up with? Also help me with this ecoli infection. I almost took 10 antibiotic injections into nerves few months back now again it came. I drink lots of water.
Hi doc m married women we r having unprotected sex from last two months however still pregnancy test was negative what ll b the reason behind dis, I got an abortion in the month of April by taking pill. Consulted gynecologist for abortion she given pills to get abortion. Please give suggestion. I am taking homoeopathy medicine for piles.
- Fever : Ayurveda advises do not have to take any food in presence of fever, and then after give decoction of Chirayata (Kirayata) often and often.
- Chronic Fever : Give Guduchi Satva churna 1 to 2 grams thrice a day with cow milk in chronic fever.
- Poison : Poisonous effect carried out from any insects; give 1 – 2 grams powder of Shirish Seed every two hours.
- Baldness : Firstly remove all hairs from scalp and then after apply paste made from ashes of elephant teeth and Rasvanti.
I have missed my periods for 2 months now I've done a pregnancy test which was negative. What do I do to make my menstrual cycle alright?
I got married in march 2015 and my wife elder then me her age 38 and i am 26 age we both decided to have a child is there any problem for her because I love her so much.
I am 25 year male and married since May 2015. From December 2015 we are trying for baby but no positive result yet, even we have had sex regular after one week from period. Please suggest.
Since last 3-4 months my periods are getting delayed by 5-6 days. Before that this happened only once that too a year ago otherwise my periods have been very regular. What could be the reason?
When m having my periods I go through really bad stomach ache. I am not able to stand on my feet n not able to talk. Is there any medicine for periods stomach ache.
Hello My periods were due on 23 April but they have not come yet. Some times there is delay of 4-5 days but this much delay I have never experienced. From last 2 months no sexual activity. Kindly guide me why periods are not coming though I hv no symptoms of pregnancy.
hello sir, I am 26 years old. Sir I have measured my weight and I noticed 5 kg of my weight had got increased in 4 months. 4 months ago it was 47 kg and now its is 52 kg, infect my diet and my routine has no change. I am worried is there any problem in health or this is normal. Sir I am also having digestion problem. And I have measured my blood pressure regularly in duration of 2 to 3 months, but it was low. Recently I have measured on 22/08/2015 it was 70-100. Kindly tell clear me that this is normal to health or it may cause of any problem.
I'm 28 years old female and used feminol to regularise my periods as I have pcos. But doctor advised me to take pills for three month as I went to yoga and with an intention to treat naturally I stopped taking pills for third month. Does it make any difference.
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.