Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nitesh JainYour feedback matters!
My age is 61. I am suffering from 2 no of kidney stone problem. I want any herbal solution which can help to remove stone from my body. I want herbal as well as medical medicine. And eyes is always filled with water/tear. WANT A REMEDIAL SOLUTION FOR BOTH THE PROBLEM.
Dear Doctor, After waking up from afternoon's sleep I passed urine after that my eyes become blank and I was shivering and I was sweat. Today noon I had heavy meal in that some items were not present added with vanaspati. Now I am laying on bed. please give suggestions to become normal.
Sir, I hve been suffering from urethra stricture(1. 5 cm long) since 2005, it has operated by uro surgeon, but problem is same, please tell me any permanent solution in homeopath ?
My prostate is about 40 gms,RV 125 mi,PSA 8.5 symptomatic for last 9 years on Urimax. Is there any chance of developing Ca prostate?
My child is crying continuously. She has dry stools and little urination what to do. Any homevremedies.
Hi Dr. Actually I got pain in my kidney. Their are a small stone. Dr. Suggested me that I should go for operations. What should I do?
I am having a burning sensation in my glans while urination its very burning. This is happening since 10days. Remedy treatment for this please.
Sometimes I suffer from frequent urination, and sometimes I am unable to control urinating sometimes.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"