Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nishanth
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NishanthYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, I'm having a severe back pain since few months especially when Im driving. What should be the problem. What precautions to be taken?
Hi doctor my name is abhishek I am suffering back pain from last 4-5 days it is paining so much I can't sleep night time so give me the precaution to solution.
My mom has severe knee pain she has done many treatment but after 2-3 months again same pain starts,what is the treatment?
I have a acl injury. Complete knee ligament injured. Doctor has asked me to go for a surgery. Is there any homoeopathic remedy in this case.
I had polyarthralgia one month back and my esr was 73 and CRP was less than 2. Doctor prescribed me hydroxyquinine BD, defza 6twic ( now tappered to once daily) and mext 10 once weekly. I took hydroxyquinine and defza, but scared to take mext 10 bcse i red its bad side effects. Please suggest me that wether i should take this drug or not, i feel 90% improvement by taking above two drugs. Please tell is autoimmunable disease is very dangerous like cancer?
I am 26 years old weighing 71 kg Problem is lower back pain hai and then disc bulge on cervical region c3-c4 and radiating pain on shoulders and hands Have been to many doctors but the prob does not seen to go away, please help.
An abnormal swelling in the neck can be symptom of various problems. While it can be something as non-threatening as a swollen gland due to a cold that can be cured with simple medication, a swollen neck can also turn out to be a cancerous lump in the neck. When faced with an irregular swelling in the neck, it is best to not panic or jump to conclusions until you consult with an Ear-Nose-Throat Specialist.
The possible problems that a swelling in the neck can indicate are:
- Swelling or enlargement of the salivary glands: The salivary glands may become enlarged due to an infection or due to foreign materials getting stuck in them. While foreign objects or formation of stones in the salivary glands might require surgical removal, they can often be dissolved with medication and other non-invasive treatments. And infection in the salivary glands is often treated with antibiotics or other medication. These treatments can be prescribed and administered by ENT Specialists.
- Thyroid disease: The thyroid gland may swell up and cause a swelling of the neck. These are often called goiters in colloquial language and are a result of thyroid diseases such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. They usually require a series of medication and treatment and are not considered an ENT problem despite the swelling of the neck.
- Benign cysts: Benign cysts can form in any part of the neck or in the glands, much like it can form in any part of the body. An ENT Specialist can prescribe a surgical removal of the cyst lest it turns cancerous later in life. It should also be removed in case it grows or relocates, going on to cause other problems.
- Lumps in the muscles: Lumps in the neck muscles are formed by injury or torticollis. These usually aren’t considered ENT problems and can be treated by general physicians and sometimes chiropractors.
- Cancerous cysts or growths: One of the most daunting problems posed by a swelling of the neck is the possibility of cancer. While thyroid cancers as well as cancerous growths in the salivary glands are slow to develop, a swelling in the neck should immediately be investigated by an ENT Specialist in order to rule out all possibilities. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!