Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
If you’ve been facing problems in conceiving, it may be time to get yourself checked as it’s possible that you may be suffering from certain fertility issues or need professional guidance. A series of tests usually determine the root cause of the problem. These tests can include a physical examination, analysis of semen and blood tests, amongst others. There are certain factors that you and your partner must keep in mind when deciding upon the best time to opt for these tests and get started on an infertility treatment programme.
If you’re a female, it’s time to get yourself examined when:
1. You haven’t been able to conceive for over a year despite trying (when you are under 35)
2. You haven’t been able to conceive after trying for 6 months (above the age of 35)
3. You’ve had 1 or more miscarriages
4. You’ve been ovulating irregularly and your previous drug treatment has failed to correct the problem
5. You suffer from damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis (a condition where tissues that cover your uterus also develop outside of the womb, causing pain and bleeding)
6. You have a history of genital infections
If you’re a male, you should consider an infertility treatment if you experience the following:
1. Facing difficulty in sperm ejaculation
2. Suffering from a low sperm count including poor sperm movement or structure (sperm’s shape and size)
3. Having an undescended testicle (a genital abnormality that occurs when the testicle fails to move into its normal position in the scrotum during the first 3 months of your life)
Apart from the above mentioned points, another important factor that you and your partner must decide upon is whether or not you intend to use assisted reproductive procedures, such as ICSI (IntraCytoplasmic Semen Insertion) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help in conceiving. While the former sees fertilisation occurring naturally after the eggs and sperm get placed inside one of the two fallopian tubes, the latter deals with the transference of the embryo created in the laboratory into the uterus.
Even though the thought of infertility can be disappointing for you and your partner, early and timely intervention can help in easing up the process of conception and remove obstacles that might hinder your chances of having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am having fibrodenama in my breast since 5 years.Its size not yet increased till now i met some doctors starting some told to do a minor surgery in a one day period another gyenic-doctor told after marriage and delivery also i can wait for that surgery. Now i am married and i have a child.Again i went to a doctor she told no need of surgery as the size of FIBRODENAMA is not increased.Pls suggest is it good to leave like that
I am 21 yrs old. I have pcod. I have been taking homeopathy for 3 years but problem remains as it is. So please suggest me something.
What is vaginitis??
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
- Vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
- The occurrence of pain during urination
- The occurrence of pain during intercourse
- Itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
- Vaginal bleeding and spotting
. I am 26 Years old. I have one friend of same age who gets pain in her breasts now and den. Thing to notice here is he is not getting that pain only during periods but most of the time. She had even felt lumps sort of thing there. please suggest why this happens? And is it very serious? Help us to know more abt this.
I am 26 years, got married. Since 4 years suffering with PCOD problem. I want to know that I can conceive for baby.
I want to have safe sex with girlfriend. I should do after or before her period. Please suggest exact days.
Exercise is a vital part of preventive health care as you get older. It has beneficial effect on every part of the body. It keeps the skin and hair in good condition, makes you more energetic, speeds up the pasaage of food through the digestive ststem, it speeds up the metaboloism (the rate at which the body burns calories), it strengthens bones and muscles, it srablies blood sugar, prevents weight gain, has postive effect on the mind and emotions, beat depression and raise your self - esteem.
While you are exetcising, your optimum heart rate should always be betwwen 60 and 80 petcent of the maximum heart rate (mhr)
60% of your mhr is the minimum elevation of your heart rate that you should aim for during exercise. Now calculate 80% of your mhr, this is the maximum elevation of your heart rate that you should aim for during exercise. A heart rate that is between 60- 80% of your mhr is said to be in your training zone, eg- if you are 50, your mhr is 170, your minimum training heart rate is 102 and your maximum training heart rate is 136, if you stick to these guidelines you will be able to burn body fat and exercise your cardiovascular system safely.
When you have finished exercising you should check that your heart returns to its normal rate wirhin 10 minutes, if it takes longer than 10 minutes, it is advisable that you exercise at a slower pace until you become fitter.
Im 28 years old. I'm getting severe pain during periods why this has been happening please advise me any pain relief remedies.
I am 19 years old. There's itching on my breasts since 3 months. Is this a symptom of breast cancer? I've also noticed hair growth on my breast, is this one a reason for itching? Plz, let me know, Does growth of hair on breast cause itching? Or is there any serious issue regarding this?
Hi Dr. I want to conceive since one year but still not I'm worried about it. Is this infertility? My reports are normal. One month ago my Dr. suggest me ivf -c 5000 injection after ultrasound report which show two mature follicles. .but now second month start but I'm not pregnant please advise me.
Dr. madam my boy friend asking me to have sex. If we have sex, in feature is there any problem for me, and I brought condoms but in that having some oily any problem in that. And on April I am going to get marriage so me and my friend has planed before marriage if we did sex 1 time without condoms weather pregnancy will i get for first sex?
Dr. Jab mera period aata h to mujhe stomach ache bahut jyada hota h.plz mujhe koi suggestion dijiyega.
I am 26 years old unmarried girl .I have a problem of very severe stomach pain at regular basis. I have constant periods no problem with that. What would be the reason behind it and please refer me any particular diagnosis which I need to go through .
What is the recommended frequency of having intercourse for couples. We are 38 and 36 and married for 11 years. We make love 2 to 3 times a week. Is this a healthy average for our age. Are we doing more or less?
The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly young always. This ageing process is often dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain every day.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be are responsible in making you look older:
- Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
- Having a sweet tooth: Excess of anything is not good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
- Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin to make it look supple and well hydrated.
- Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can weaken your blood cells, which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well followed by sagging and wrinkles.
- Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and making small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look young and refreshing.