Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
Hi doctor, I have the similar problem that is PCOD. I too get very light periods and there is a sign of hirsutism as well. I have acne problem as well. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kgs. Please help.
Hi. I'm Padma. 24 years old. Trying to conceive for a year. This cycle I took Clomid with NAC. On cycle day 13, the follicle was upto 16x19 mm. Took HCG injection. On cycle day 16 it ruptured. LMP Feb 16, 2017. Cycle length 31. This month periods due date is between 16 March and 18 March. Every month I notice white discharge before periods. This month I felt difference in it. Noticed thick milky white cream like discharge. Is it early pregnancy sign? Or I'll get my periods? Is there any chance of pregnancy even after heavy discharge? Please help me.
My dates are almost 10 days due and I am finding white vaginal thick discharge from past 2 days. What to do?
Sir, Mam I had unprotected sex with my gf on 21. March, 2016. And her MC is not regular. Her last cycle was missed. And the next expected is on 29. March. 2016. She took i-pill as as contraceptive pill after 2 hours of having intercourse. Now she feels a little pain in her stomach. Ohhh I forgot to mention that I also used condom. But it was our first time so we don't wanna take risk. That's why she took pill. As I told you she feels some pain and a light bleeding in the morning when she wakeup. My question is. What are the chances of pregnancy? And what is the best time to take a pregnancy test? And is there any way to stop pregnancy if she is pregnant? please help me I don't want her to feel help less. please reply as soon as possible.
Epi schedules as recommended by govt. Of india
-birth -15 days- bcg + opv (zero dose)
-6 weeks- opv1 + dpwt1 + hep b1 + hib 1*
-10 weeks- opv2 + dpwt2 + hep b2+ hib 2*
-14 weeks- opv3 + dpwt3 + hep b3+ hib 2*
-9 months- measles vaccine
-15 months-18 months- 1st booster of opv/ dpwt + mmr*
-5 years -6 years- 2nd booster of dpwt
-10 years- tetanus toxoid
-16 years- tetanus toxoid
* these vaccines have been introduced in few states currently, hep b = hepatitis b vaccine.
Since two months I'm having short periods. Before they'd last around 3 days. Now 1n half days. I'm pretty much worried. I had unprotected sex (he didn't ejaculate in me) two months back I used to take I pills but I stopped taking pills. Now I'm having short periods. Last month 11th I had bleeding lasted upto 1half day. Now 6th June lasted again a day. I don't particularly have any symptoms. But could I be pregnant?
My wife 5 weeks pregnant I want to know Which test we should do And which type healthy food take for healthy pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with pregnancy 2 months ago but yesterday while urinating I seen some blood. So as per gynecologist prescribed me injection As system 25 for 5 days with complete bed rest. Now after taking this injection nothing found during urination But doctor also advised for ultrasound test to know the exact position. So kindly advise if there is any adverse effect cause with regard to pregnancy & what need to be followed thereafter to avoid such situations.
Done one cycle of IVF and result was negative. Current AMH is 1.88 and age is 31. Pls suggest whether we should go for more IVF cycles or donor egg treatment directly AND will there will be any side effects on body because of medicines/injections in IVF cycle. Pls suggest practical solutions. Thank you.
The batch flower remedies contain the life force of plant. The healing property within a flower may therefore be considered to be the outlet of the life force of that plant. They act not by attacking the disease but by flooding our bodies with the beautiful vibrations of our higher nature, in the presence disease melt away as a snow in sunshine!
**it is always recommended to consult a specialised homeopath before you go for medication. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
Emotional group flower remedies:
Rock rose, mimulus, aspen, red chestnut.
Cerato, gentian, gorse, wild oat.
3. A lack of interest in the world around:
Clematis, honeysuckle, wild rose, olive.
Water voilet, heather
5. Over sensitive to others:
Agrimony, centaury, walnut
6. Generally despondent or in despair:
Larch, pine, elm, sweet chestnut.
During sexual intercourse if wife is unable to discharge. If there is possibility of fertilization of ovum.
Male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a common condition that most frequently affects older men. Unless the problem is psychological, the inability to achieve or maintain an erection is due to insufficient blood supply to the penis, not a lack of sexual arousal. Herbs such as ginger may help. However, since impotence may signal a more serious disorder, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, check with your doctor before pursuing self-treatment.
Kathi Keville and Peter Korn, authors of "Herbs for Health and Healing," contend that poor circulation may cause impotence in men because damaged or impaired blood vessels simply fail to fill with blood and expand. They also say that certain herbs, such as ginger, may help to increase dilation in blood vessels and improve circulation.
Aroma and Flavor
In his book, "Herbal Aphrodisiacs from Around the World," Clarence Meyer says that the same agents that lend ginger its medicinal properties are also responsible for stimulating arousal due to the warm, spicy scent and taste they impart. In fact, in Asian and Arabic cultures, the fragrance of ginger alone is regarded an aphrodisiac. Ginger is even referenced in the "Kama Sutra," the ancient Indian Hindu text dedicated to the art of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.
Ginger moxa is a therapy used in Chinese medicine to treat impotence that marries the properties of ginger with practice of moxibustion, a technique that involves burning selected herbs at various acupuncture points along the body. Usually, the herb of choice is mugwort, the leaves of which are rolled into a "moxa stick" much like a cigar. With ginger moxa, a thick slice of ginger becomes the insulation between the moxa stick and the skin. The ginger is pierced with a few small holes into which the moxa sticks are placed, and the sticks are allowed to burn down just far enough to produce perspiration and redness on the skin. The procedure is typically repeated several times in succession.
Hello. The monthly measures date of my wife is 13th. She has missed her date. After how many days we can test pregnancy so we can be sure of it?
Mai 25 year ki hu. Wt 55 kg. Hgt 5 ft2" pelvis report me polyctstic ovary hai. Small cysts both ovaries. Missed period 3 month tha. To medicine dydrogestrone liya tb period hua hai. Kya maj pregnant ho sakti hu. Kya bina medicine k period ho sakta hai.
Making love during pregnancy is a safe bet and can be carried on till one’s water breaks. Studies in the past have shown that a normal pregnancy is not related to infections and miscarriages. It has also been established that sex during pregnancy is not related to premature birth. On the contrary, a good sex life during pregnancy helps to reduce mood swings and keeps a woman healthy and cheerful. Here are five facts that you should know about sex during pregnancy:
- Does sex harm the baby? The womb is protected by the thick muscles of the uterus and the amniotic sac. Furthermore, the cervix is safeguarded by the mucus plug. These ensure that the baby doesn’t get hurt while making love. In the midst of an orgasm, if you get a feeling that the baby is moving, it happens primarily because of the heart pounding faster. This being said, you might have to skip sex in the following cases:
- You have placenta praevia
- You start bleeding
- Your water breaks
- You suffer from cramps and pain in the abdomen
- Your partner is suffering from genital herpes
- How does sex feel during pregnancy? While an increased flow of blood in the pelvic region heightens the lovemaking experience for many, some complain that it leaves them with a bad feeling. There is yet another segment of women who complaints of a less powerful orgasm during pregnancy. At times pregnant women might feel pain if the penetration is deep. Even abdominal cramps are not uncommon during this condition. To sum up, the feeling of sex greatly varies from individual to individual.
- Is a complete lack of sex normal during pregnancy? Yes, it is absolutely normal. Many women suffer from nausea and tiredness during the first three months of pregnancy, limiting their urge for sex. At times pregnancy hormones become responsible for the libido. But, mostly it is the state of mind of an individual that becomes a barrier. Women suffering from relationship issues are the ones who suffer from a lack of sex.
- Does your husband’s libido suffer too? It is not uncommon, to say the least. Some of the common apprehension that a male partner suffers from include the following:
- Fear of hurting the wife
- Apprehension about the baby’s health
- The consciousness of making love in the child’s presence
- Apprehensions about upcoming parenthood
- Is there any risk involved in oral sex? Absolutely none, oral sex is considered to be one of the safest of sex options during pregnancy. If the fear of hurting the wife looms large, it is the best way to express one’s love. However, it should be ensured that your husband does not blow air in the vagina. This might lead to blood vessel blockage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.