Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my chest is paining for 7 days, when I swallow some food aur liquid its hurt in my chest. 6 day before I feeling vomiting. please help me.
I'm aged 40 years a govt employee, I'm experiencing a strange thing while writing I start feeling scariness by this speed of my writing has reduced drastically, it is effecting my self confidence, I shown to the doctors, they diagnosed as hypertension and right now on pills advised to take one pill in the morning. Pls suggest.
Hi Doctor, my mother is suffering from high BP and diabetes and also take medicine for both. But currently her BP is 140/100. Her age is 59. Every morning she take one medicine of BP. Should she take another one for this.
A holter is a a 24-48 hour hour ECG that is used to evaluate disturbances in the rhythm of your heart. A holter monitor is a little, battery controlled therapeutic gadget that measures your heart's actions, for example, rate and cadence. Your specialist may request that you utilize one, in case that they require more data about how your heart functions, that a normal electrocardiogram (EKG) cannot give them. Twenty four hour holter monitoring is an important test to record your heart's rate and cadence for twenty four hours.
You wear the holter small monitor for twelve to forty-eight hours as you continue with your usual everyday routine. This gadget has cathodes and electrical leads like a standard ECG. It can get your heart's rate and beat as well as when you feel neck pains or display indications of an unpredictable pulse or arrhythmia.
Here is how it usually works:
- The holter monitor is very small. It is marginally bigger than a deck of playing cards. A few leads or wires, are attached to your body like an ECG. The leads connect with cathodes that are put on the skin of your chest with a paste like gel. The metal anodes direct your heart's movement through the wires and into the holter screen.
- You wear a little pocket around your neck that holds the recorder. It is important to keep the monitor near your body during the testing time frame to ensure the readings are precise.
- You will get guidelines that disclose how to deal with your monitor and what not to do while you are wearing it. It is vital to abstain from activities, such as washing, exercising, or running, while you are wearing the screen.
- You are urged to take an interest in your typical routine during the holter twenty-four-hour test. You will be coordinated to record your routine in a journal.
- A 24-hour holter test is effortless. Make sure to record any pain, fast pulse, or other cardiovascular symptoms you have during the testing period. Keep the Holter dry to guarantee it works properly. Scrub down or shower before your arrangement to have the screen fitted and do not apply any moisturizers or creams. Stay away from exercises that may lead to the screen getting wet.
- Electrical fields may meddle with the capacity of the holter screen. Keep away from zones of high voltage while wearing the screen.
The results can somewhat be determined as follows:
- After the suggested testing time allotment has passed, you will come back to your specialist's office to have the holter monitor removed. Your specialist will read your movement and examine the aftereffects of the screen. Depending upon the results of the test, you may need to experience additional testing before a conclusion is made.
- The holter monitor may uncover underlying disturbances in your heart rate that may go unnoticed and will help your doctor in treatment of the condition. This is an a very informative and useful tests specially if you have irregular heart beats, fast heart beats, unexplained dizziness or fainting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!