Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan MdYour feedback matters!
Hello, I got pain over backside of my left knee. It occurs when I bend it. Please, tell me exact the problem.
Out of the many muscle and bone-related conditions, arthritis is one of the most painful degenerative ailments that begins with the inflammation of the joints. This condition can be particularly debilitating as it progresses, and it is usually known to affect the elderly and aging. Yet, they are not the only victims of the condition, as many patients suffering from arthritis are young. There are various kinds of arthritis and gouty arthritis or gout is one such form.
Gout is one of the three forms of the disease and it is known to be one of the most painful kinds. The accumulation of urate crystals in the joints often leads to the inflammation of the same, which is the start point of gout. While there are many kinds of treatment and management measures available for the condition, the age old form of homeopathy is one of the most recommended.
Let us cast a glance on five of the most effective homeopathic measures for this condition. At the same time, it is important to keep in mind that these medicines must be recommended only by a qualified doctor.
Colchium: This is known as one of the best homeopathic medicines for gout and is often recommended when the most noticeable symptom includes intense pain and swelling in the big toe of either or both feet. Redness and a hot sensation in the toe may also be experienced, which may get worse at night.
Ledum Pal: This is also another very effective homeopathic medicine for gouty arthritis. This is used when the symptoms include pain that travels upwards through the legs and to the knees. In such cases, the patient may also experience shooting pains that go through the feet and affect the balls of the feet as well as the toes.
Benzoic Acid: This is one of the most well-known solutions for a number of ailments, including gouty arthritis. This is especially helpful when uric acid begins to spread an unbearable odour and makes the urine a different colour, akin to brown or any other shade close to brown and even red. This medicine is also prescribed when the joints produce a crackling sound every time the patient walks.
Antim Crudum: This medicine is usually prescribed when gout begins to affect the appetite of the patient. He or she begins to feel hungry more often and consumes more food than what he or she normally would. Pain in fingers as well as in heels can also be cured with this medicine.
- Sabina: Shooting pains in the toes and heels along with other feminine problems related to urine are often symptoms of gout that are treated with this medicine.
I am 49 years diabetic , since long time I am having heavy pain in my right shoulder connected with neck movement what I will do now this pain is not tolerable for time being which tablet I should take to whom I should consult ?
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
Hello Doctor, I am Krishna Age: 33 and working as a software professional. Due to ideal gesture sitting I am experiencing a pain in right Hip and Right Back ache. I always use an instant sprays but its just a instance relief. I would like to know how to get rid of this back ache.
I have backpain doc. I used many medicines but they are useless. I have only 20 years. please give me a right solution to overcome this backpain.
What is reasons, pains in the back bone, and please suggest some serious cure, for the pain in the back bone, and also sure to this pain, I got suffered my daily routine.
She is suffering from spondylitis and now from. Morning itself having a severe back pain. What can be done?
Hai one of my friend last 4 years suffering from knee pain he was suggest so many doctors but no use can you tell a solutions please. His age 55.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.