Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother has severe knee pains, she works very hard to walk for 10 metres, Her age is about 50. Please give me an advice. Thank you.
Hello doctor i have ankylosing spondylities from more then 10 years. My age is 29. Mene pehle kaafi allopathy treatment liye the per muje unke side effect ho jate the isliye me ab 2 saal se Ayurveda treatment le reha hu isse muje thoda benefit to hai or koi side effect bhi nahi hota. To mera question ye hai ki ayurvedic treatment AS ke liye thik hai ya nahi
Hi I have acute pain in the portion between thighs and knees. Looks as if the area has become very stiff. Please advise.
I am a 71 year old male. I get numbness & tingling sensation in my legs &soles after walking or standing for a few minutes. I am a diabetic since past 5 years.
I am 58 years old. There is regular pain on left side back and front side below 4" from chest or 5" distance from nabhi. On back side pain both side on upper side of hip. I drink minimum 6 lt water in a day but urine out put in a day 1/2 lt. And at the time of urine I feel burden pain.
I am 23 year old, I have back pain from ladt couple of months. Whenever I woke up in morning my back start paining. What should to do now, any suggestions will be appreciated.
I always have some pain in my shoulders back. When I do sit in front of my computer what is reason for this? What would I have to do for the duration of this.
My mother is 41 years old. And she is suffering from arthritis many medicines have been taken but still she is not cured please suggest the best treatment available for arthritis.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people.