Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan Joshi LYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sinusitis how to pure this problem and I having headache also, pls tell me how to pure this problem.
Hello doctor am Sutapa Gupta. 28years old. I m having septic tonsil. Nd white patches on tonsils. Doctor suggested me some antibiotics nd gargelling wth betadine. I did it. Pain is reduced. Bt nt fully gone. Now he is telling me to do colbation for lifetime freedom from tonsillitis. Is it safe to do. Does it work. please help me. Is there any side effect after removing those gland. Nd I m also patient of hyper thyroid.
How to manage chronic sinusitis due to deviated septum. Is doing salt water Neti treatment & Fluticasone spray daily for the last 5 years harmful for health.
Sir / Madam My wife who is 46 years old is having giddiness problem since last one and half month. When consulted with local doctor at Dhanbad, Jharkhand, Dr diagnised VERTIGO and prescribed medicine but even after taking medicine she still feels dizziness. As she is in PUNE alone and I am worried. Please advise what to do in the case of VERTIGO
I am experiencing very harsh sound in my ear. Also having loud ring sound continuously in ear. Some sound of TV and horn is getting very harsh on ear. Even low sound ia getting harsh on ear. Please suggest treatment for it. Please suggest is it curable or not. I am very upset due to it, as I can't concentrate on my daily jo. Please help.
Sir, I have a problem since childhood onwards. It's that I get bleeding from my nose, whenever there exceeds the heat in my body. Please suggest me a solution.
Sore throat & fever from last 5 weeks. Did antibiotics course but no effect. No other symptoms. What should be next step.
Sir, my son aged 10 months has a 5 mm gallstone, so please, tell me how it can be removed without surgery?
I am suffering from running nose and sore throat from the morning today. What medicines should I take? I have an exam tomorrow.
I have a dry cough from the last two days. I take some syrup suggested by doctor but there is no relief at all. And I am feeling some type of pain in my throat. So pls suggest me some medicines that gives me quick relief from this?
I am feeling my throat is getting dry and also feeling some roughness with tong no other pain is it is cancer sign it my be note i have smoked ?
30 year old. Having throat pressure. Went to doctor here in area he said its globus. Done the endoscopy was normal. Cbc normal. M suffering from this last 4 months. Also having homeopathic medicine from 3 months but no such major difference. The sym is like when I try to swallow saliva pressure is there but no prob in having food. Also having mouth ulcer problem I get frequently. My current homopth is saying its just expression of diseases n it indicates you r getting cure from inside. No idea what doc is saying. But lufe ia miserable with this premature of throat.
My name is Sibin, I'm 24 years of age. I have pressure on my forehead and just above the nose and eyebrows feels a tightness when concentrating on something for long period. I have frontal sinusitis. Is it because of it? How it can be treated?
2 months ago I had surgery sinusitis at hospital. But still I am suffering from fever, pain in head, neck and some time in face and ears. Can you give me advice what to do now. Please help me.
I am 35 yrs. my right ear goes on and off with each step while walking, few days before I was having heavy cold and cough. But it left heaviness and blockage in ear.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.