Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nethaji . V
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nethaji . VYour feedback matters!
Mere muh me andar gaal ki dono taraf aur nichale honth me andar ki taraf jeebh ghumane par khuradhura pan jaisa ehsaas ho raba hai. Lagta hai jaise skin chor raha ho. Dhyan se dekhne par usme white layer jaisi dikhai deti hai. Kuch din se gale me chubhan this jiske liye haldi, namak aur pani se galala kiya tha or vicks ki goli khayi thi tabhi se aisa feel kr raha hu. Kya kru?
I got leukoplakia on both sides of cheeks. It is due to smoking tobacco and cheek biting. I removed all 4 wisdom tooth and stopped smoking and tobacco two months before. Dr. gave me multivitamin but it is not regressing much. My biopsy report hyperplastic squamous epithelium no dysplasia and malignancy seen. Should I go for surgical procedure to remove it. Very tensed .we're in Pune can I go for surgical removal. Will it turn into cancer. Pls advice. How much time will it take to regress.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.
Hi doc. My teeth are getting yellow day by day no any whitening toothpaste is working. Can uh please suggest any other toothpaste or remedy to get rid from this.
My mouth is smell so strongly. I daily brush my teeth but the mouth smell is not going. What I will do for my mouth.
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth while chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles can later turn into serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner lips with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips off skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage a broken tooth, and the initial steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after a tooth breaks, you may take a painkiller like paracetamol (if you have no known allergy to the same). This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You may try sticking some sugarless chewing gum on the tooth to prevent the edges from cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try to have food which will require less of chewing, or go on a liquid diet. This will help prevent any further damage to the tooth and surrounding tissues.
Filling and Bonding- The initial treatment
On going to the dentist, based on the severity, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filling or bonding is generally the remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed. In case it is one of the rear teeth, the tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around. If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged till the nerve, root canal treatment may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown is placed over the broken tooth. This restores both natural looks and the strength to chew.
What happens in case the entire front tooth of my child pops out of the mouth?
Do not panic in such a situation. Time is of utmost importance in such conditions. Pick the tooth from the crown portion (the portion which is visible in the mouth) and wash it under the gentle flow of tap water. After that, preserve the tooth in saline or milk. If a clean container is not available and the child is conscious, the tooth can be preserved under the tongue. Once this emergency measure is taken, rush to the dentist as soon as possible. The same tooth can be replaced (replanted) in its original position. The success of this procedure will be much more predictable if the tooth is replaced in its original place within the first few minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.