Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeliya Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeliya ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old, I have a son who is 9 years old. My son is very lazy to write he learns and when asked he says he correctly but the same when told to write he does not listen and does not write, and when he writes there are many spelling mistakes. Could you please suggest a way that my son gets interest in writing and learning and let me know why is this happening?
My kid is of 2 year 2 months .he is suffering from cold, running nose and fever for last two days. We are using p 125 for fever and levocet for cold. Body temperature reaches 101f sometimes. Is there any need to use antibiotic? And how many days should I wait to use antibiotic?
My son he is 1 and half year old. He is getting motions now and then don't know what to give. At present I m giving him oflomac should I give him this if not how can I cure him please subscribe me a medicine for him.
Three days ago, my four month old baby started spitting out all the milk. He is exclusively formuLa-fed (nan pro 1). He had been showing symptoms of a waning appetite before that. I started him on domstal baby drops (0.8 ml thrice a day), which helped in keeping the throwing up under control, but he completely lost his appetite. His milk intake went down from 900 ml a day to 300-400 ml a day. Today, we started him on walamycin suspension (3.5 ml thrice a day). His appetite has not improved. In fact, he threw up again today and spit out half of what he had taken. What is happening with him?
Introduction:- it is an intestinal infection marked by watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea or vomiting, and sometimes fever. It can be either caused by viral or bacterial infections.
- watery diarrhea
- stomach pain
There are many ways gastroenteritis can be spread:
- contact with someone who has the virus.
- contaminated food or water.
- unwashed hands after going to the bathroom or changing a diaper.
The most common virus which causes gastroenteritis is rotavirus and norovirus. Coli and salmonella are most common bacteria causing gastroenteritis.
Other causes can be:
- heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, lead, or mercury) in drinking water.
- eating a lot of acidic foods, like citrus fruit and tomatoes.
- toxins that might be found in certain seafood.
- medications such as antibiotics, antacids, laxatives, and chemotherapy drugs.
- Aconite - this must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloes - this remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area.
- Arsenic album - this medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona- used in case of diarrhea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipecac - when there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, ipecac can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum - abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Pulsatilla - diarrhea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.
Dr. I have delivered a baby before 12 days and it was C-section. My question is my left breast is not producing milk and tenderness is not coming since 2-3 days. Right one is producing properly. Please suggest.
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.