Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NedungadiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 29 years suffering kidney stone last 5 years. I tried lot medicines like allopathy and ayurvedic. Now I trying homeopathy medicine bery bery mother tincture. Sir if I can use this medicine or take other medicine pls help me.
Hello dear doctors/ nutrients, namasthey! I am diabetic neuropathy patient aged 60. Vegetarian. Very feeble and undernourished. I need a good nutrient supplement powder, at nominal cost which contains more fever and nil fat! does any dear will advice me with a suitable brand?
I am just 21 years old and around 25% of my hair has gone grey. Please advice me something for reversing this greyness of the hair and what should I do to stop this.
I am a 22 years old male. I am addicted to masturbation. Will it cause low testosterone level. What are the symptoms.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My face have many dark spot I want to remove it. So, tell me what can I do for remove darkspots and make me handsome.
I am a 21 year old girl. My right side of the body is making me very uncomfortable. I am feeling indigestion in the right sight of my stomach, I am feeling cold in the right side of my head, my stomach is swollen, it feels that there is an undigested piece of food in the right side of my neck, pressing the right eye is painful, m really not feeling well and getting frustrated. I am feeling cold in my right nose. Resulting pimples have appeared in the right side of my cheeks. Please help me soon.
I am 38 years old male and I have been suffering from skin problem in my genitals and area surrounding it as it is burnt. I have tried lots of ointments but to no use. I have lot of pain and burning in my genitals and have developed lot of complications like ED, PE due to excessive medications. I have tried allopathy, Ayurveda and homeopathy as well but not got relief. I have been suffering from this problem since many years and have lost my hopes. Please suggest to get my problem fixed.
I have an issue with my left knee. There is a general pain. It feels rough/creaky. I also feel it clicks in a certain way when i extend my left leg. Is it a topic of concern ? what kind of diagnosis should i look for ?
How to gain weight –
• Counting calories: Calculate your basic calorie requirement. You want to know how to gain weight? you will have to increase your calorie intake. Add 500 calories per day to your current requirement. Those who work out or are physically very active, have a higher energy requirement. If such is a case the calories consumed should be greater than the amount of calories you burn.
• Eat more: The most common answer to your question how to gain weight. Everybody will ask you to eat more. Yes, you need to increase the quantity of food you eat, but at the same time you have to make sure you are eating healthy. Eat five to six meals a day. Avoid skipping any meal. Knowing how to gain weight involves consistent eating. Increase your portion size. If you eat 2 chapatis, then start eating a 3rd one. Take a second scoop of pasta, or add two bananas to your bowl of cereals.
• Choose calorie: Dense foods: choose foods that are higher in healthy calories. For example choose to eat corn, potatoes or peas instead of carrots and cucumbers. Eat a banana, custard apple, chikku or mango instead of a watermelon or orange juice. Peanut butters and cheese makes a calorie-dense yet nutritious spread for your sandwich. Read food labels for the serving size
• Adopt good habits: The repetitive advice to increase your food intake does not mean you start eating unhealthy, fried, sweet or junk food for that matter. Adopt healthy habits. Eat your meals on time. Do not skip any meal, specially breakfast. Whatever you eat at breakfast is better absorbed and utilized by your system. So don’t forget to take a handful of nuts everyday along with good quality protein like toned milk and boiled eggs. Maintain a 2 hour window between each meal so that you can feel he hunger and eat better quantities.
• Add more liquids: You may be thinking how to gain weight with liquids. But drinking appropriate quantity of water or other liquids will help you in flushing all the waste products accumulated after digestion of those extra calories you ate. Drink water or juices. If you dislike drinking water, choose on flavored water, apple juice, milkshakes, smoothies etc. Specially if you are working out, the body needs that extra liter of water.
• Avoid junk food: All this while you read that you must increase your calorie intake. A lot of people often use the synonym high calorie to junk food. What we forget is that junk food is not only high in calories but provides trans fats. Sure you want to know how to gain weight, but in a healthy manner. Avoid cupcakes, cookies, cakes, margarine, processed meats and packaged foods.
• Weight training: A lot of people are of an opinion that exercise is for people who want to lose weight. How to gain weight with exercise? exercise works both ways and will make you fit by getting you to your right weight. Whether it requires losing some pounds or putting on some pounds, exercise will stimulate your appetite, increase your energy needs and more over convert those extra calories into muscle instead of fat. Read about protein supplements.
• Sleep more: Sleeping is the best thing you could do to keep yourself healthy. Yes it is as important as exercising is. Unfit people are almost always sleep deprived. Make sure you sleep for at least 7-8 hours every day.