Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NavneethYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old. I am regularly taking Statin 20 mg and ecosprin 75 mg. My gum are receding and bleeding.
I am 21 years old. I have wounds on my lips regularly. Even a small wound will become large. It will take one week or more to heel.
comman signs of gum disease are-
I Met with accident and I lost my two tooth, doctor inserted artificial tooth with caps. Now I am feeling very uncomfortable when I see some items like cane.
Dear sir I am 28 years old and suffering from headache (sir Dard) since 13/04/2013 about 3 years some month .when I set up the bridge of teeth in my mouth in front upper side. Because one tooth exited in childhood. After bridge set up more pain continue sustain in head .I complain the dentist about this but she told that there is no relation to pain in head due to set up of bridge of teeth .I said to that may be which aloy or chemicals are used to set up the bridge is expire or not suitable for me .but she did not care. After this I went several time before her when I puzzil by pain in head. She ignored to say that this is not my problems please check up any physician. I made check up a local physician but not became benefit. I feel that my memory is also being week. And feel chagrin and short temper. Pls sir suggest me which types of specialist I could check up and which types of test is require for analysis of such type illness. I hope you sir that you suggest me a better advice because I am a link of my family if link will broken then whole chain will be spread.
I have a reverse overjet=1mm and currently wearing braces since a month in upper jaws. I had my 2 lower bicuspids removed to fix the above problem and now awaiting to get lower braces on 14 sep. My question is whether the gap from my removed bicuspids will be fixed only from the braces or will I have to get an implant?
Hello Dr. When I brush my teeth I see blood and gums of my teeth are turning loose I can't eat spicy food I think it's gingivitis I google my problem please advice me the solution of this prob.
I am 28 years old male I have dental problem, doctor advice me to rct to one of my top upper teeth. 6+. Can I do it?
My child is 1.5 years and from 3 days I am observing the incisors on the upper jaw being chipped. I see a little whitening also on those teeth. I am a bit worried. What can be the problem?
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"