Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from enlarged prostrate gland with psa 11.25 my age is 77.5 years. Frequency of urination at night is some times once during day also 2-3 times. Your advice is solicited on the treatment I should undertake.
I am 27. Every month I will get breast pain at least from 15days fron my childhood. But this time I do not have any pain and I did not period till now. I have gone through pregnancy test but it is -ve. What might b d prob.
He had been suffered from chicken pox. Now he is well but the marks is present yet. Suggest a good cream for removal of the marks on the face.
If there is breast cancer lump you have in your breast can this affects your all body if it's not increased in size?
From two days onwards I can't sleep properly due to headache and skin rashes is there any solution for my question.
I have oily skin which anti ageing should I use as there is many in market and I m noticing age marks on my face in smile area n forehead.
Only my face is getting dark and damaging. I'm travelling in two wheeler daily. My face gets exposed to sun and air pollution. So what is the remedies to overcome and get my original fair skin back?
Many cosmetic products like BB creams, tinted lotions and moisturizers claim to provide instant fairness. But all of these products lighten your skin only for a short duration. Fairness cannot be achieved overnight and one has to take care of one?s skin regularly to achieve the desired fairness. For instant glowing and fair skin, always keep these mantras in mind:
Follow the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) routine daily.
Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. This will help to remove the dead cells and open pores, thus lightening your skin tone.
Always use sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out from home. A good sunscreen with SPF 40 will help to prevent tan in the Indian climate.
Drink adequate amount of water to keep your body and skin hydrated. A good sleep at night is also very important for healthy and glowing skin.
Indulge in home remedies like face packs and scrub for natural fairness.
15 Simple and Quick Home Remedies for Fair Skin
Here is some easy and quick skin lightening home remedies for fair skin
Lemon is the best natural remedy for skin lightening. It helps to reduce the blemishes and dark spots. Rub fresh lemon juice over the darkened skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Remember not to expose yourself to the sun, while doing this treatment. There is no way that you look for skin lightening tips and not find lemon on the list. You should be careful as lemon can cause irritation on the wounds and cuts.
Prepare a face pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey. Make a smooth paste and apply all over your face. Rub gently in circular motions and keep for 15 minutes. Use low fat milk if you have oily skin and full cream milk if you have dry skin.
This is an ingredient used by our ancestors and is still considered as one of the best home remedy for fair skin. Prepare the mask by combining 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. Apply over the exposed skin and keep for 15 minutes. You should be careful while using this pack, as turmeric can stain your clothes.
People with sensitive skin can dilute the pack with a little amount of water.
4. Egg Pack:
Beat an egg till it?s fluffy and frothy. Apply on the face and keep it on till it dries off completely. Wash off with cool water. You can also add lemon juice or 2 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, to reduce the smell of the egg.
Tomato contains lycopene, which helps to reduce tan instantly. A perfect choice for the home remedies for skin lightening. This face pack will lighten the skin tone, reduce tan and eliminate the dead cells on the face. In a blender, add 1-2 tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. You can also add gram flour (besan) into it. Blend well to make a smooth paste. Apply this all over the face and keep for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water and repeat this procedure daily before bath.
6. Hot Oil Body Massage:
Enjoying your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. To this, add crushed neem and tulsi leaves and warm gently. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus reduces tan.
7. Yogurt Pack:
In 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply on your face and keep for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Repeat this procedure daily for best results
8. Fruit Pack:
Fruits can work wonders for your skin and also provide you with naturally glowing skin. Prepare a fruit pack by combining the pulp of an avocado, papaya and cucumber. Then add 2 teaspoons of cream or malai. Mix well to form a paste and apply all over the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. People with oily or combination skin can avoid adding cream, they can add multani mitti instead into the pack.
9. Rose Water:
Rose water is filled with antioxidants and vitamins that help to soothe irritated skin. It is also good for sensitive and oily skin. You can add rose water to homemade face packs and scrubs. Washing your face daily with rose water improves the skin tone and makes it clear. Never apply soap when you are washing your face with rose water. You can spritz some rose water to look fresh instantly.
10. Cumin Seeds:
Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in water and wash your face daily with this concoction to get a clearer complexion.
11. Tender Coconut Water:
Water from tender coconut also ensures a healthy and bright skin. Apply it twice daily to get fair skin free of scars and blemishes. Keep it for 15 minutes on your face and wash it off.
Papaya fruit contains an enzyme called papain that helps to exfoliate the skin, and this makes way for new skin cells to emerge.Papaya also contains vitamin C. Choose a green papaya to make your face mask, papain is most concentrated in a green papaya.
To make a papaya mask:
Peel and slice the papaya.
Put it in a blender to make a smooth paste.
Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
Rinse it away with warm water.
13. Gram Flour:
Gram flour is a great exfoliant that is gentle on the skin. It will exfoliate the skin without scratching and stretching. Take 2 tablespoons of gram or wheat flour and make a paste. Apply it on your face using an upward motion. Leave it to dry completely and then wash your skin with warm water. This will remove the dead skin cells and make your skin look naturally fresh. You can also add gram flour with rose water and turmeric for better results. Don?t apply soap on your face after you are done with this treatment.
14. Fuller?s Earth:
Fuller?s Earth also known as multani mitti helps to soak up oils, it is great for those who have acne prone oily skin. The minerals including lime, alumina and iron oxides present in multani mitti can give you a fair complexion. Fuller?s Earth is a mixture of montmorillonite minerals and bentonite and these minerals ensure a healthy glowing skin naturally.
15. Carrot and Avocado:
Mash one soft avocado and one cooked carrot. Blend it together with half cup of heavy cream, 1 egg, a dab of honey and spread it over your face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water
Sir meri ankh ke thoda down side main dark circles hain (eye dark) hain. Kripyaa kr muje sujhav de or medcine bhi btainye ?
I have chest tumor in nipple very hard. This is not pain but I have in very depression this about. What is treatment.
I am 26 year old and I have regular pimples comes out in my face and black marks also stays in my face. So what should I do to clear all such problems and how my face glow again.
I am 22 years young boy. I have a problem. I face a problem with my skin. I workout daily and I use Endura mass 4000 lean mass gain. Nd I eat pizza, burger and Allu bhujia. Now pimples start on my face. I do not know why. I stay in HOSTEL in delhi. So many mirchi give in meal in hostel. Please give me a solution .What should I do?
I have got a small and hard bubble like structure in the anus. When it was touched, sometimes I get slight pain. May I know what is it. Any medical advice please.
Skin sunburn ki vajah se bahot black ho gayi hai. Ise whitness laane ke liye koyi Upay ya Dawa suggest karo. Aur Koi Aaryuvedic upchar suggest karo please me bahut black ho gaya hu to white and smart dekhne ke liye koy help karo please.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.