Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naufal RifwanYour feedback matters!
I have unprotected sex with married girl 2 times in a day. Her husband also have sex with her before 3 days. Now I afraid for HIV. Can anyone please tell me, What is the chances of HIV?
1 My pennis size is 3 inches when erect and my body is fatty in nature. Is it possible for me to do sex in this condition? 2. My pennis becomes wet and losses water regularly while foreplay. I feel excited very early and excitement ends also in seconds or minutes. What is the problem , is it premature ejaculation And how much time and money is needed to treat this problem.
Hello, I had hernia when I was 10 years old, which was treated through surgery. I was subsequently asked to not lift heavy weights. I am 26 years old now, and very skinny. Is it safe for me to do weight lifting in the gym now, or should I have to abstain through life due to the hernia? Thank you.
What are the chances of having Typhoid twice in a life that also within a year after completion of proper medication.
I have partial tear in ACL. Grade 1 sprain in lcl and mcl. What should be done to cure it. Surgery or Physio Therapy.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks. I had chest pain whenever I was hard cough. So can you suggest me what can I do?
My son 8 Months old, he is not taking milk and having the tendency of vomiting since birth. What should I do and prescribe the medications.
Hello doctor, Doing masturbate twice/thrice (continues) in week can leads fail for conceiving baby? Or what's are the causes of it,? Thank s to You,
Hello, actually I had itching , little redness on scrotum but now from few days I am feeling better . So my Q is that was that normal?
I am Ravi 31years of age I have problem that I can't constant for last few months and have gastric problem also.
Hello Doctor I am suffering from Eczema last 2 years lot of medication has been taken but their is no improvement .only I have to take steroids which gave me some release for a time being but it gave me lot of weight gain and dizziness pls suggest.
Regular headache from pst three yrs Sharp pain in eyes Pain in leg Gastric prob Excess weakness High bp lik 100: 150 Some says its all due to bp someone said its nerve pain Mind is also not working properly.
I have diabetes problem from a long time is there any way that I can avoid regular medicine dose? Please tell me.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
2. Type 2 diabetes
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.