Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NatrajanYour feedback matters!
My age is 17 and my weight is alot and always increase. I don't have sugar and I don't eat much carbohydrate but I don't do exercises as it is difficult . I have tried lemon with honey juice but not worked. Please help me . And I have checked thyroid. Its ok.
If chapattis are higher in carbohydrates to consume for diabetic patient what else we could eat in place of chapattis, any alternate.
Hi, I am diabetic since 2 yrs. My age is 28 yrs. Before attacked by diabetes my weight was about 73 kgs but after getting diabetes my weight got reduced to 63 kgs. How to gain the weight again and how to build the muscles? For the first one year my blood sugar levels was in good control (on medications) but after one year my sugar levels are going out of control like fasting 190 and post lunch 250 like that. (Still using tablets). Unfortunately my job style is like sitting 8 to 9 hrs in front of system. I am planning for children me and my spouse consulted gynecologist for children than Dr. said to take insulin to get the sugar levels in control but my endocrinologist suggested only tablets. If I start taking insulin does it impacts on my body in any other manner? Or it is good to have insulin? Please suggest me the best choice.
Type 2 diabetes is commonly seen in adults, but nowadays its prevalence is rapidly increasing in young adults and even teenagers. It is a chronic disorder that adversely affects the way your body processes and metabolizes the glucose (blood sugar).
In Type 2 Diabetes, your body either resist the effects of insulin, a hormone that controls the sugar flow into the cells or does not produce adequate insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Incorporating a healthy living, with the focus being on eating healthy and exercising regularly (for about 30-45 minutes) can help keep Diabetes Type 2 in check.
- Take small and frequent meals i.e. 4-6 times a day spread across regular time intervals. Also, carry a quick fix of carbs that can come to aid when the sugar levels drop.
- Foods rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates, such as bread, vegetables, fruits and whole grain cereals should be at the top of the priority food list. Stay away from fatty or fried food.
- Keep a check on your glucose level regularly at home with the help of a blood glucose meter.
- A three monthly HBA1C test (three-month average blood sugar) can help to know overall blood sugar control.
- Limit consumption of alcohol and completely cut down on tobacco.
- Get up from your couch and hit the nearest jog course or do the exercise of your choice. There is no substitute to physical activities if you are on your way to control Diabetes; be if any type.
- Assess cholesterol and blood pressure count periodically.
- Because of nerve damage and poor blood circulation, your foot may have to bear the brunt of this disorder as well. Take good care of your feet. Check your feet for swelling, red spots and blisters; wear special shoes with a soft pair of socks that can keep your feet dry. Get your feet examine by special instruments for blood circulation and sensation in feet.
- Diabetes damages oral health as well. Visit a dentist for a gum and tooth checkup at least a couple of times in a year.
- Get your kidneys and retina tested as diabetes may weaken the blood vessels of these areas.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Diabetes is highly common health issue in India. Your blood sugar levels increase beyond the normal levels and cause other related problems like swelling, frequent urination, nausea, heart ailments etc. Conventional drugs can only control the symptoms, but cannot help the person to completely get rid of diabetes. However, here are some suggestions from Ayurveda that can help you in treating your diabetes in a way that it will never return.
- Food habits: Try avoiding foods that are high on sugar and whatever you eat, do not eat it all at once. Eat in small portions spread over the day. Limit carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet; instead try to consume whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Lifestyle changes: Avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking. Sleep soundly and sufficiently. Maintain your body weight and take care of your health by getting routine checkups done for sugar and other possible ailments that may be underlying causes of your diabetes.
- Must Do's: Practice a healthy lifestyle by undertaking regular exercise and yoga. Practice medication and go out for a walk at least once in the day. Also, make it a habit to mix half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of amla powder with half a tablespoon of methi seeds and consume it every day. Incorporating these habits in your lifestyle would definitely help you in getting rid of diabetes.