Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Natrajan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NatrajanYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from thyroid for 3 years now values are T3-93 T4-7.2 TSH -<0.01using Neo macronizole 10mg please tell what medicine and power to make it normal.
I am diabetic from last 5 years. At present my LDL CHOLESTEROL triglyceride count is 310. Please prescribe medicine also.
Madam Naste! Pl give a clarification how sugar harm CABG patients in forming bad cholesterol instead of giving energy to body as glucose? How coconut water benefit to CABG patients.
Please advice if TSH value 8.62 and eosinophil 11.5 value are going to affect 56 years age of male. What are the symptoms and remedy to control the within reference range.
Hypoglycemia, commonly referred to as low blood sugar is the condition of the body, when the level of blood sugar falls down below the normal level. This accounts for clumsiness, feeling shaky, feeling confused, losing consciousness, serious seizure. Severe lowering of blood sugar may cause death. You are likely to feel exhausted and very hungry. The symptoms usually show quite quickly.
Hypoglycemia is commonly caused due to diabetes medicine like insulin, sulfonylureas or biguanides. Starving for long hours, over straining the body or extreme alcohol consumption may lead to hypoglycemia. Failure of the kidneys, liver diseases, metabolism disorders also lead to hyperglycemia.
Fall in the the blood sugar level must be taken very seriously and never be ignored. If you feel the symptoms of lowered blood sugar, it is advised that you immediately take a sugar test. You must also indulge in high calorie food items such as sweets or chocolates. You need to increase the glucose intake, so that the blood-sugar level rises up.
Here are some steps you should follow to control hyperglycemia:
- Keep away from the practices, which lead to hyperglycemia: The best way of keeping away from hyperglycemia is by taking all measures, which would avoid the condition to develop. The medical schedule of diabetic patients should be closely monitored and optimized by the patient's caregivers. Their lifestyle should be kept under check. It should be ensured that the patients do not skip meals. Insulin should be avoided as much possible.
- Discuss problems with the patient: Patients and their guardians must be properly educated about the disease and what important steps they should take, in spite of all kinds of prevention treatments they take. Teach them about the symptoms and the steps to be taken in case of any emergency. Use of glucose tablets should be encouraged. They must know that the process is ongoing. Every patient is different from another and hyperglycemia differs from person to person.
- Use glucagon: Glucagon is basically a hormone, which stimulates the liver to release pre-stored glucose all over your bloodstream in case your blood-sugar level falls down steadily. Glucagon is usually injected, and kits are available. Prescribed by doctors, glucagon can be used to treat a person who has fallen unconscious after a fatal reaction due to insulin. You should consult an expert before buying a glucagon kit.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem. Lowering or fall in your blood sugar level must never be ignored, and measures must be taken to regain your sugar balance immediately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
I am a 45 year old male, I have diabetes since 2000 and now I become very thin and weak. My sugar level is very high. what should I do? Please help me.
Low sperm motility. Second most common reason
Abnormal sperm. Another common reason
Low sperm count should not be viewed as a definitive diagnosis of infertility but as one indicator of a fertility problem. A normal sperm count is considered to be 20 million per milliliter of semen.
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the cause of the problem may be found out. Roughly 2/3rd of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes.
Male infertility affects approximately 7% of all men it is commonly due to deficiencies in the semen, and semen quality is used as a alternate measure of male fertility.
A lower amount of semen may indicate an issue with the seminal vesicles, blocked ducts or a prostate gland issue. Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
Types of infertility and causes of infertility in men:*
* Male subfertility
* Low concentration of sperm in the semen
* Sperm abnormalities/abnormal semen
* Abnormal shape/morphology of the sperm
* Problems with movement/motility that makes sperm delivery difficult
* Abnormal liquefaction, absence of viable, healthy sperm,
Blockages or obstructions in the genital tract that prevent sperm delivery that can occur due to:
* Developmental disorders of the epididymis, vas deferens or seminal vesicles
* Scarring from inflammation
* Infertility caused by medical conditions, such as varicoceles and testicular torsion
* Genetic abnormalities
* Hormonal imbalances
* Lifestyle choices and environmental exposure.
* Idiopathic Infertility.
Initial testing will likely include:
Semen analysis, Ultrasound, Post-ejaculation urinalysis, Genetic testing, Sperm function tests, Hormone testing, Blood tests
Treating Male Infertility -
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
IVF, GIFT, and other techniques
Drug therapy for hormonal disorders
Treatment for problems with sexual intercourse.