Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NatrajYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from low back pain and left side pain radiating from shoulder to the left leg. From past many years if feel I am lonely though I have my family and sometimes depressed also. I and my husband have no jobs we are 53 ans 55 years and having lots of loans and financial problem also. So kindly suggest remedies to our problems.
Sir, for last few months I am suffering from pain at foot, due to this I am not able to stand for more than 2-3 minutes, its like a burning pain at foot.
Dear Sir/Maam My friend is 25 years old and he is having back pain. He feels pain in the center portion of the back regularly and sometimes the pain spreads in the right side if he works bending forward in the right side, like when he cleans his room. X ray of his spine was done and no anomalies were found. He did some weight exercise before and when consulted with an orthopedist he was asked to stop doing weight exercises. Being unsatisfied he later on went to consult a homeopathic practitioner and he suggested that my friend was suffering from spondylitis. So he wants to know what he should do and also if it is actually spondylitis then can he do weight exercises? PS- He rides a heavy motor bike regularly.
Sir/mam I have problem uparback pain since 2 year. Every report and MRI report is normal but I'm tried this pain every time. So I want treatment by homeopathic so just suggest me which homeopathic medicine good for me please sir.
I am having pain in my knees since morning and not able to walk properly. Sometimes the pain is high and at time very high. I have taken painkillers.
My mom is facing bad heel pain since almost 6 months. In the morning when ever she keep her feet on the ground she cant she take the 1st steps. She limps for sometime and then she become alright till she sits some where again.
I am suffering with back pain since 2 months. As profession of my job is to travelling. Please suggest me the best medicine.
I am having severe back pain from the last 2 years. I've consulted many doctors but still not a single percent relief. I am a student and because of this pain in back and neck, Liam unable to study, do my projects and assignments, unable to eat properly. This pain irritates me so much. What should i do to get rid of this pain instantly and permanently?
I am suffering from severe backache problem. From last three days. Like slip disk. What should I do? suggest please.
She is feeling too much pain in her left hand to shoulder to chest nd bak tomorrow in emergency we done every appropricite test like ecg xray echo bp everythng was normal nd doctor said it is a mascular pain please give me clear reason for pain nd further treatment of it.
The carpal tunnel is the passageway for the median nerve to pass through on the inner side of your hand, when your palms are facing down. For example, while typing, there is a lot of movement of the fingers and this puts a lot of pressure on this tunnel. In fact, people who are involved in a lot of typing are one of the most prone people for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Other causes would include trauma, fractures, etc., where the tunnel is injured.
Conventional measures to treat CTS included a combination of exercise and pain killers in mild to moderate cases. In moderate (sometimes) to severe cases, surgery was also done. However, with advancements in medical technology, endoscopic surgical procedure is gaining popularity.
What is done?
In endoscopic surgery, a small incision is made in the wrist or one each in the palm and the wrist. Through this, a flexible tube with a camera and minute cutting tools are inserted into the wrist. Another ligament known as transverse carpal ligament is cut. This reduces the pressure on the median nerve, which provides relief from the CTS symptoms.
What to expect as benefits?
The intention behind the surgery remains the same in both traditional and endoscopic procedures. The pressure on the median nerve is released, restoring movement and reducing pain in the joints. In addition, the endoscopic procedure has the following benefits.
- Less invasive: Needless to say, there are only one or two small incisions done for this procedure, so less surrounding tissue is damaged.
- Same day surgery: No hospitalization is required, and unless required, the patient can return home on the same day of surgery.
- Reduced recovery time: The recovery period is usually substantially less compared to the traditional surgical approach.
- Back to work: Depending on which is your dominant hand, you would be able to return to your regular work earlier than with regular surgery. If your non-dominant hand is involved, a day or two of rest is required. If your dominant hand was involved, give it up to four weeks for complete recovery.
- Reduced chances of nerve injury: The area of operation has many nerves and blood vessels, and endoscopic surgery reduces the chances of damaging adjacent nerves.
- Anesthesia: This is done under local anesthesia. Therefore, complications arising out of general anesthesia are completely avoided.
While these sound promising, your doctor will decide if you are a candidate for endoscopic procedure depending on the following:
- Nonsurgical treatment including exercise and pain killers have not provided relief, even after several months.
- Severe symptoms including those of nerve damage, like loss of sensation, altered coordination, etc., is affecting your normal daily routine.
- Person requiring bilateral surgery like severe trauma, wheelchair dependent, etc.