Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Nataraj PYour feedback matters!
Last week my son 4 and a half year old had an ear pain so took him to doc he said ear infection (given amoxicillin) told to bring him for cleaning wax then he said ear has fluid need to take it out gave a cetrizine syrup told to come after 10 days if the fluid is still there need to do microsurgery. Should I take a second opinion.
I have a tendency of tumor. I had tumor in ear, femur bone. Is homeopathic treatment can remove the tendency of tumor?
When I sleep my ear pops. When I am in the shower my ear doesn't stop popping. I also regurley get Tooth ache and sore throats. Are they all linked? And why is it happening.
Breathing problem in right nostril, mostly in evening time, no problem during sleep. Actually feels better during sleep, feels better under air conditioner,
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
Hello, my throat feels dry after eating and speaking continuously. Sometimes breathlessness as well and difficulty in swallowing. I was diagnosed with gastritis a month ago. How can I cure the condition. Also how much does food and sleep affect, as I have been sleeping less and eating outside food.
I am 20 years old and am having a very soft whistle blowing like sound in my left ear for a few months doctors are saying that it is due to early s/n component. They are also saying that a nerve has been damaged in the ear and the sound is incurable so what should I do?
My left ear is paining from last 2 days. Also it has become heavy. And water is coming from it. It stinking a little. I have this problem since childhood. Please help.
I am always expecting bleeding in left nostril, what should I do? So scared as I loose alot of blood when it happens.
I am 24 years old, I cannot breath in one nasal of my nose from past one year. Please give me solution.
Hi, I'm 22 years old. And I'm not sure if I have sinusitis. A lot of phlegm gets accumulated and it gives me headache and shortness of breath and sometimes makes heart beat faster. Would you please advice me some medication and home remedies to get rid of this problem.
I am 42 years old and I am suffering from blocked ears and pain in throat since 3 days. I feel tired and pain in body and little fever also. Please help.
Hi. Doctor I have a problem of nose bleeding since childhood. The nose bleeding occur mostly in months of april to july and at present I am 24 years old and suffers that problem, so what can I do. Please suggest me.
What is the difference between rhinoplasty and nose surgery I have left blocked nostril which is suitable for me.
Hi I am 38 year old. My problem is everyday in evening my left nose get stuck, I can' t even sleep, have to use otrivin. Please suggest remedy for this ?
I am suffering from cold running nose and nose blocking especially in the night disturbing sleep for the last one and half months. Recently I went to Denmark stayed there for two months and returned 15 days back I thought that my returning may solve the problem but not so though a it reduced. I used for 10 days acrivini to used not more than 10 days also used okacet allegro also now I started again allegro now in India 3 days back and using nasal drops klaricare sinomarin and flixonase in the night I am 68 yrs old. Please advice me.
I have Sinus problem due to which daily in the morning I use to sneeze is there any natural solution for it.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.