Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. NarendraYour feedback matters!
I get my vision blur or focus problem for evn a half of second and then it will b normal. I have myopia and I wear glasses also.
I have cold , if winter season starts means I suffered with cold and dry cough sometimes I can't able to breath properly in the night time I have pain in face and eyes also.
I've been suffering from itchy eyes for the past two months. I've a regular sleeping habits and I don't wear any sort of glasses.
My uncle was declared brain dead. But still his heart functions and he breathes without ventilation. He breathes through his mouth. His eyes are not responding. So what's his situation?
I am suffering from macula edema which is caused by uveitis. Now I am using nepafenac for cure but still no change. please help me what to do now?
I want to get a laser operation of my eyes to remove the spects. I am 26 year old . I want to know about if their are any disadvantages of this operation or any side effects later on.
My eyes will become red after using my smartphone. What I should do to reduce the redness of my eye?
My red eyes now is right. My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is My red eyes now is right. My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is right. Fine sirr. Dnt mind.
I am suffering for my eyes last two days, some red mark in my eyes and my seen ability is getting lower. Now, what can I do?
I m 34 y m I suffering low vision during without spex please suggests diet food for growing eye side by natural.
My eyes remains red. I don't feel any ache or anything in my eyes. So what may be the reasons for that.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.