Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narayanaswamy P K
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narayanaswamy P KYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old. From past one year, my hair fall starts. My hair is very brittle like and I tried alot. Chemicals like hair for u, ayurvedic. All waste. Please suggest me any medicine. Which helps me in recovering hair and make my hair healthy.
Sir/madam My skin is oily and at my skin so many pimples marks (acne scar ). How to fade or remove the blackspot or scar. Which cream is best for this. In minimum time.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are:
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne, especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir Or madam My Age is 25 years & I have to information about Hair transparent Hair transparent is Harmful Or (Any Side effects ) on Health?
In my head there is some look like dandruff and from these some type of water comes out. When I goes in sunlight I feel some pain as fire in head. I used shampoos and medicines, it relax for sometimes but after some months it again comes out.
How treatment is carried out with Derma Roller
Hi, I am Dr. Nivedita Dadu. I am dermatologist at skinology skin clinic. The URL for skinology is www.skinology.in. I am creating this video to discuss collagen induction therapy or derma roller. Derma roller is a hand holding device that has micro needles. The various indications in which a derma roller can be used are acne, scars, stretch marks, anti aging, and hair fall.
Before starting the procedure a numbing cream is applied to the skin to anesthetize the area. After this, a derma roller is rolled in the target area. This causes pseudo trauma to the skin and boost collagen production and create micro channels in the skin that enhances the absorption of serums that are to be applied to the skin after the derma roller. The serums and growth factors that are applied to the skin after derma roller depends upon the indication for which the derma roller is being used. Elastin hyaluronic acid and Oils are applied to the skin for acne, scars, stretch marks and anti aging while hair growth serums are applied when derma roller is done on the scalp. This is followed by a collagen booster sheet that is supplied to the skin to enhance the penetration of the serums.
For any further queries or to book an appointment with us, you can log on to www.skinology.inacne scars
I have black spots and pimples as well on my face. I used various facewash and also creams and they doesn't seem to be worked. How could I get help.
Hi Sometimes my skin just got bump out making a thick lines all over my body. On first the part of skin becomes red and then bump out. I searched on internet and found something similar with" hives. Its a kind of allergy. I have to take certarzine after every 2 days to make it neutral otherwise itching and thick lines on skin reappears.
Acne, also known as pimples, is a skin disorder caused due to inflammation in the skin's hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne may also cause permanent scars on your skin. It usually occurs in teenagers going through puberty due to the production of high levels of hormone that clog pores. Many women also get premenstrual acne which, as the name suggests, are caused after ovulation due to excessive release of progesterone. Most pimples are found on the face, shoulders, back, chest and neck. Apart from hormones, pimples are also caused due to genes, amassing of dead skin cells, bacteria, birth control pills, certain medications, greasy medication and so on. Although acnes do not pose a serious risk to your health, it may cause scars and look displeasing. There are many different types of acne such as acne vulgaris, baby acne, acne rosacea, acne cosmetic, chloracne, acne medicamentosa, etc.
Homeopathy and Acne:
Since the causes of acne in people vary from person to person, homeopathy treatment for acne is one of the best options as the remedy for acne is individualized to the person. Homeopathy has a great success rate when it comes to removing pimples and eliminating the chances of reoccurrence. Homeopaths prescribe the treatments depending on the symptoms. Mentioned below are a few homeopathic treatments for acne.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is the most common homeopathic treatment for acne, especially if the skin condition is chronic. Apart from clearing your acne and giving you a glowing skin, sulphur also helps to remove your tendency to develop acne. It clears acne within a few months. Sulphur is usually the first choice because it treats almost all types of acne.
- Hepar Sulph: Pustular acne is the type of acne which is painful to touch and contains pus. They bleed easily and are very sensitive; usually forming a cluster on the forehead with discharges.
- Calcarea Sulph: Calcarea Sulph is used to treat severe cystic acne. This acne persists for weeks and heals at a very slow pace, following which, a creamy and yellowish pus is drained. These types of pimples are mainly found on the face, near the hairline as well as ears. Calcarea sulph is a very effective treatment.