Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narayanaswamy P K
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narayanaswamy P KYour feedback matters!
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Face Rejuvenation Myths Debunked?
I am 22 years old but I have white hairs since when I am around 15. What should I do? Please help me.
I am 21 years old and my hair is very frizzy damage and dry. It is also very thin and split ends also there. What I will do to get thik and underage hair please plz answer my question.
Hi sir/madam can you suggest me any natural remedy for freckles? I have allot of freckles on my nose (a bit lighter) and forehead (darker). I am 27 years girl I don't take much oil also I don't expose my skin to Sun. And I have noticed that, after every few weeks there is a new freckle on my forehead. Kindly suggest something.
I am 30 years old unmarried male. I have male pattern baldness since last ten years. How to make new hair.
Hair transplant is a safe and permanent solution for baldness.Today I will discuss technique of hair transplant broadly. There are two techniques only:
- One is the older technique which is known as strip techniques
- Second technique is follicular unit extraction or FUE.
FUE is the newer and far better technique than the older strip technique.
So, first I will talk about strip technique: In the strip technique, we need to take a strip from the back of the head. Here we need to cut the skin along the hair strict length is approx 20 to 30 centimetres and width is 1 to 1.5 centimetres. Then we need to put suture and sutures are removed after one week.
Drawbacks of the strip technique was that,
- We can take Graft only from the back of the head, i.e, the scalp. We cannot take graft we cannot utilize graph from the body like the beard or Chest. So we cannot correct the big bald area in one go.
- The second problem with the strip techniques is that it is more invasive because it is cut. There is suture for there is chance of bleeding during surgery. There is a chance of little more discomfort pain after surgery which takes more time to heal.
- The third problem with this trick technique that it will definitely leave a permanent linear scar in the back of the head.
Now the second technique of hair transplant is follicular unit extraction.
Here we have extract Graft one by one from the back of the head. We can also extract from beard and the body area with a specialized instrument. In this technique, there is no cut and no sutures. So practically it is painless, is scarless and suture-less technique. Since the inception of the FUE, we are doing a lot of improvement in the technique.
The latest version is direct hair transplant or direct hair implant what we known as DST. In this technique here are taken and implanted side by side so that practically there is no time where grafts are hair grafts are out of body and it increases the survival by many folds. So the bottom line is in the modern FUE or DST techniques.
Advantages of DST:
- We can take the number of grafts in one go so we can cover a big bald area in one session.
- It is very comfortable for the patient. Healing time is just 24hours or less than that. So he can resume duty from the very next day.
- DST technique we are reducing out of body time. We are increasing the result better results, faster results without any downtime.
So there is no drawback of an FUE DST technique. The only thing it is more time-consuming as it is more tedious and needs more experience to operate.
If you have further queries you can contact me on lybrate.