Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NarayananYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 week old, he sleep whole day and in night cry so much that he can breath and because black while crying. He cry continuous whole night and keep on feeding continuously whole as soon as I remove him from latching as it pain too much if I feed him more than 45 mins. What should I do to keep him calm at least if he does not sleep.
Sir, my son who is 4.5 year weighing 20 is having chronic tonsillitis for last 2 years, when I consulted ENT surgeon, suggested for operation, kindly advice.
My son is 7 years old. But he eats very less and shows tantrums on forcing him to eat. We're always worried about this. He's also very weak and short as compared to kids of his age. We consulted a child health specialist and the tests show that his intestines are very sensitive which creates problem in digestion. We tried many cures and medicines but all in vain. Please help me out on this.
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.
My daughter is 11 months old. From her birth, she has been on formula feed lactogen, as her mother was unable to breast feed. We started Cerelac and ragi pudding when she was 6 months old. Over the last week or so, she has completely avoided the spoon which is why we can not give her cerelac anymore. Also, she drinks very little lactogen, like 60-90 ml every 4 hours or so. We have tried boiled rice, mashed apple and banana etc but she takes in very very less of everything. She is active but we do not see any weight gain whatsoever. In fact we feel her weight has actually reduced. She was 3.6 kgs at birth and now around 8.5 kgs. Please suggest. Again I am not complaining about the weight, but why is it she has stopped both milk and solids? We are giving esomac 10 granules morning and carmicide afternoon and evening to rule out griping or colic pain.
Excess fluids lead to abnormality and death of babies .is that true .and I want details of abnormality. My sister is carrying twins and one baby is of less Weight which doctors told that it lead to death?
My daughter is passing watery stool from yesterday. Till now 4 times. What to do because of this rashes are visible.
My niece is 6months old. Doctor told to start solid food, now my sister is giving semisolid food. What else can we give to baby.
My baby is 1 month and 8 days old. Recently he cries a lot and sleeps only in my lap. As soon as he is put to bed he wakes up and starts crying. Is this normal or he is facing some problem which is not understood by me.
Our baby is of 1 month 20 old, we have taken all the vaccines prescribed for 45days except PCV because it is costlier. Is pcv vaccine for the infants is compulsory?
I have male baby 4 months n 20 days he plays actively but not passing his stool since from three days. I have consulted Dr. Few days back he advise to give tab bcoz of that tablet baby passed stool once but again facing same problem .but regularly passing urinals n more active please suggest. He is in breast feeding only.
My child is 3 yrs and 3 months old age can understand everything but she speak not as much as other kids do. Kindly help thanks.
Hi my son completed 11 month but he is still crawling only but he will stand by holding things all and if I put him in walker he will walk fast all over. I am giving practice to him to walk by holding my hand but he walk only 10 steps later he sits. When will he walk. Any things I want to do.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.