Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narasimha Reddy TYour feedback matters!
Under eye dark circles are a common appearance if you do not get the adequate hours of sleep or if you are subjected to stress over a prolonged period of time. However, if you notice the presence of under eye dark circles even after getting sufficient sleep, that might be a result of crater formation or swollen eyelids.
Causes of under eye dark circles
- Constant exposure to the sun : Which might lead to an over-secretion of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin coloration).
- Excessive rubbing of eyes : Dark circles might also occur if you randomly rub or scratch your eyes as an unconscious habit.
- Allergy/Contact Dermatitis: Dark circles might also develop due to allergies or eczema (skin inflammation) or contact dermatitis (a condition wherein rashes develop accompanied by severe itching after coming in contact with a foreign substance).
- Old Age: The gradual loosening of skin along with fats and collagen as you grow old can result in dark circles of reddish-blue hue.
- Excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol: might also form dark circles under the eyes.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Nutrients in our diet play a vital role in maintaining both the aesthetics and the functionality of our eyes and deficiency of some of these can surely cause under eye dark circles. Nutrients like vitamin B 12, K, E and iron deficiency are just few of them.
- Hereditary factors
- Lack of sleep
Home remedies for treating under eye dark circles
- Apply almond oil on your dark circles and leave it overnight
- Cut thick slices of cucumber, place them for 30 minutes on your eyes and then wash them thoroughly
- Apply juice of raw potato on your dark circles for 2 to 3 weeks
Under eye dark circles are not a serious medical condition and can be easily decreased or eliminated by following procedures:
- In order to eradicate dark circles, you can opt for a procedure which combines aqua jet, glycolic peel (which helps to shed the affected skin in the under-eye region and initiate the natural reduction of the dark circles), micro current (which keeps the affected region duly hydrated) and associated home ingredients to strengthen the skin around your eyes.
- To prevent dark circles, you can also opt for a procedure which revitalises the under-eye regions with the help of high platelet-containing plasma. The platelets help in the creation of collagen (the building block of the skin) that restores freshness of your skin. This procedure is completely safe as it is a natural one and does not come with any side effect. Further recommendations In addition to the aforementioned procedures, you can also use a serum containing soy and rice peptides, yeast protein, hyaluronic acid, and extracts from seaweed.
Sir my bolls are big and one is small what is the problem and which doctor should I consultant for this.
My wife's lower lip is a bit unshaped.I wanted to get it shaped.What is the treatment for lip shaping, how much time it takes & what is the cost of treatment? Is there any side effect?
Hi, Few month my hand became very dark my half hand from my elbow is dark. I want to recover my original color (Remove tan) how I could?
After bathing my skin is getting white color patches like, it was not going. Daily it was coming like that only when after bathing.
As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, so do the number of wrinkles on our faces. As more and more wrinkles emerge on our faces, the number of bottles containing anti-ageing serums grows on our dressing tables too. But, do these serums work as promised? can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are?
-First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourish the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
-Serums do moisturize the skin
Keeping the skin hydrated is the secret of good skin. To this effect, anti-ageing serums deliver as promised. By locking the moisture into your skin, they make your skin look healthy and supple and thus indirectly make the skin appear firmer and younger.
-Each serum affects different people in a different way
Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
-Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects
Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can be not only ineffective but can also act an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
-The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it appear so.