Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandkishore KapadiaYour feedback matters!
I have lump in my left side breast and it's starts paining and in armpit someone told me that is sign of breast cancer. Is it true. Please help.
Dear doctor, I am suffering with syringoma from many days. I consult a doctor and ask about laser but he said it is risk and he advised me for other way of treatment. But he said there will be a chance for scares. So that is the reason am thinking to remove that. So please suggest me what I have to do now is there any other treatment for this problem without getting any scars. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda or homeopathy.
Sir is there any permanent treatment for dark circles? Pls suggest me if any treatment is available.
I am suffering from black lips from 3 months. My relatives r saying I smoke cigrate n tobacco n insulting me. Bt I am not smoking anything.
Hello sir My mom is 47 years old. My mom has so many wrinkles and black circles under eyes. How can these problem cured if possible at this old? Please help.
I am 21 year old, my face is looking dark, I am using ELOVERA night cream for 1 month but I did not see any changes in my face. So please suggest any night creams nd face soaps sir. Thank you.
I am 25 year old I had black spots on my face. I had used so many creams but their is no result for the product so now what can I do?
Being overweight is becoming a common sight. However, opting for bariatric surgery is not the first option for everyone who is obese. Also to remember is that morbid obesity is not an isolated condition. It affects a person’s overall physical and mental health in various ways, and therefore bariatric surgery becomes an option only as a last resort.
Some defining criteria for this surgery would be:
- A male who is at least 100 pounds overweight for his height or a female who is at least 80 pounds overweight for her height. This puts them at a body mass index (BMI) of more than 40.
- If the BMI is in the range of 35 to 39 and if there are significant health issues like metabolic syndrome, then bariatric surgery can be done. For BMI less than 35, other conservative measures are usually tried before resorting to a surgical approach.
- Most people with BMI in the range of 35 and above will have health issues like sleep apnoea, heart disease, lipid disorders, and metabolic syndrome.
- Conservative measures to lose weight including diet changes and exercise have failed to produce any desired results.
- The person, in addition to physical health, should also be emotionally strong to undergo the demands of bariatric surgery. There are changes involving almost all body systems including digestive, respiratory, cardiac, and musculoskeletal, and so the person needs to be prepared for a lifestyle change.
- Strict lifestyle changes including diet and exercise are required, so the person needs to be counseled and convinced about these. A person who can see the long-term benefits will be willing to take the effort.
- It is also essential that the person has a strong social support system. For immediate post-op care when skin flaps need to be managed, and for long-term emotional support to manage emotional issues, it works wonders if there is a strong social network. The results are usually better in such people.
- A person’s overall health would be screened to make sure the lab tests are well within acceptable limits before surgery. It would be unreasonable to get these numbers within limits, if they are way too beyond acceptable limits.
- Not the least consideration, but bariatric surgery is an expensive affair. It requires not just surgical costs, but also post-op costs. The good thing, however, is that overall healthcare costs would come down, once the results are visible.
Identifying the right candidate for a bariatric surgery is very essential, as doing this extensive surgical approach on an unsuitable candidate would be a failure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!