Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandkishore KapadiaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am Shruti Kohli. I am a consultant Dermatologist in cosmetologist in Sarvodaya Hospital, Sec-8, Faridabad. Also, I have a clinic in Sec- 15, Faridabad by the name of Crimson Clinic. I have been practising from last 12 years.
Today, I am going to talk about the "summer skin care tips".
- Use sunscreen before stepping out in the sun, that is the most important preventive step anyone can take in the summer season. The sun screen should be minimum SPF of 15 and should protect against both UVA and UVB.
- Apply the sunscreen 15 minutes prior to go to the sun. And it can be applied after every 3-4 hours.
- The sun also has a bad effect on the lips. In order to protect them, you can moisturize them by applying lip balm with SPF of 15, as and when required.
- For the face cleaning, I would recommend a gentle exfoliating face wash containing glycolic acid, which will help to remove a dead skin as well as the harmful effect of sweat and pollutants from your skin.
- After cleansing of the skin, it is important to use light water base moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid heavy creams and oils as the skin breakouts.
- If you are exposed to the sun for long period, then aloe vera gel is recommended, as it is a soothing and cooling agent. also it has antioxidant properties. It can also prevent damaging of the skin of free radicles.
- Aloe vera can also be used a cooling mask occasionally.
- I would recommend washing off yourself twice daily with cold water, in order to remove the pollutants.
- Also, use a white broad hat to protect your skin, especially the skin of your face. Or you can use an umbrella while being exposed to the sun.
- Eat plenty of watermelon and muskmelon daily.
- There are certain foods which give inherent protection against the sun. These include tomatoes, berries, citrus fruits, nuts which contain Vitamin C.
- And the last is, hydrate yourself regularly. drink atleast 12-15 glass of water daily for a glowing, youthful and healthy skin. Coconut water also works well and is recommended in your daily routine.
Summer will be fun if you follow the simple tips given by me. You can contact me for any skin related problem, through Lybrate or you can also take a direct appointment in my clinic which is in Sec-15 A, by the name of Crimson clinic.