Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Nanditha ArunYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years male. Suffering from diabetes and hypothyroid. My weight is 105 kgs. Can I eat non veg. My blood sugar level is 150 pre lunch and 170 after lunch.
What are the risk factors?
The risk factors commonly associated with an increased chance of developing gestational diabetes include:
Person is overweight or obese before pregnancy.
African-american, asian, hispanic, or native american origin.
Age is above 30.
Blood sugar levels are moderately high or pre-diabetic.
History of diabetes in the immediate family.
History of gestational diabetes in previous pregnancies.
Previous delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
Kindly consult further for detailed information.
Hypothyroidism is a condition called deficiency of thyroid hormone. The main duty of thyroid hormone is to rmaintain the metabolism of the body. Hence, the person affected by it will experience slow metabolism. Hypo means underactive, which means the lack of thyroid hormones in the body.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
- Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Deficiency of Iron
- Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
- Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
- Radiation therapy for some cancers
- Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
- An underactive thyroid gland by birth
- The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Coarse, dry hair
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps and muscle aches
- Cold intolerance
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Sepia Officinalis
- Lycopodium Clavatum
- Nux Vomica
- Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
- Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
- Bromum treats goiter
- Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
- Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms.
My husband fasting blood sugar is 163 and post lunch blood sugar is 310 and last week he test the jaundice total bilirubin is 1.7 mg/do he use to drink bitter guard juice to control diabetes but it is effected to the jaundice I mean he can drink bitter guard juice or not I want clarity answer doctor.
Due to overweight my sugar levels are high, right now I am taking every day 1 tab (Glyred-M) before food at night time. After 1 month I noticed FBS Is between 80-100 After food is 120-140, but I don't have proper energy to do my work.
I have thyroid problem, get tired easily, get irritated easily, I have put on lots of weight. How to control my weight?
I have thyroid and all time I'm trouble with pain in my body. Can you help me how can I control my thyroid?
Hi Doctor. My name is Gopi. Im here to ask you a question. Is there any therapy or procedure to reduce diabetes.
Diabetes has become a modern lifestyle disease. Younger age groups are affected by it, and with changing lifestyles, it is only poised to get worse. While this may sound scary, the news to cheer about is that it can be controlled to a large extent. By making lifestyle changes, altering diet, and improving foot care, diabetes control can be planned effectively. Both the onset of the disease and disease progression and complications can be controlled to a large extent.
Read on to know some changes in terms of lifestyle, diet and foot care to improve diabetes:
- Diet: You are what you eat, so it is advisable that you plan your meal carefully. Eat healthy and you will stay healthy. Include a lot of fiber in the form of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce oils, sugar, salt, white rice, refined flour, etc. Increase unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids. Ensure you get the right amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure ample hydration for the body. Get into a pattern of eating small, frequent meals and avoid binge eating. This goes a long way in controlling sugar levels in the body.
- Lifestyle: Engage in exercise, both to keep your weight under control and to improve the function of insulin. This also helps to keep body fat under control. Talk to your doctor about what routine would work for you. Whether it is jogging, running, cycling, swimming or plain walking, take a pick and regularly do it. Your goal should be to spend 30 to 45 mins every day on brisk walking (at least 5 days a week). This helps the function of insulin and also helps in reducing complications arising from diabetes. If you are a smoker, this is the time to quit – the hazards and the benefits are way too many. A healthy lifestyle with exercise also helps to manage stress, as the exercise helps in stress management and weight management too. Reduced severity of diabetes induces a feeling of well-being too.
- Foot care: One of the main complications of diabetes is known as diabetic neuropathy, where the nerves are affected. There is loss of sensation in the extremities and therefore a blister or a corn on the foot can go unnoticed and continue to grow. This may develop into an ulcer, which may then require extensive repair and heal at a slow pace because of diabetes. Diabetic people are advised to watch and wash the feet regularly, dry it nicely, watch between the toes, keep the toenails trimmed, smoothen out the calluses and corns, and use proper footwear. Go for foot exams once in six months or a year. Any small wound should be attended to by the doctor.
These are some simple ways to combat diabetes, which can be planned into your daily routine.