Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nandita ThakkarYour feedback matters!
I am 33 week pregnant and suffering from swelling of hands and feet. My BP is normal. I have done few blood test. My A: G ratio is 2.6, Hb-9.5 after taking orofer XT twice a day. Urine test normal, blood urea-10, creatinine-. 37 please suggest me treatment.
शतावरी के फायदे
- आयुर्वेद में लंबे समय से किया जा रहा है शतावरी का इस्तेमाल।
- एक या दो इंच तक का हो सकता है शतावरी का पौधा।
- नींद न आने की कारगर औषधि है शतावरी।
- खांसी के लिए भी किया जाता है शतावरी का प्रयोग।
शतावरी बहुत पहले से महत्वपूर्ण औषधि के रूप में प्रयोग की जा रही है। इसका प्रयोग कई प्रकार के रोगों में किया जाता है। शतावरी झाड़ीनुमा पौधा होता है जिसमें फूल व मंजरियां एक व दो इंच लंबे या गुच्छे में लगे होते हैं। शतावरी को शुक्रजनन, शीतल, मधुर एवं दिव्य रसायन माना जाता है।
Benefits of shatavari
कैंसर के मरीजों के लिए यह बहुत ही कारगर औषधि है। नींद न आने की समस्या, खांसी, सिरदर्द, आदि के लिए यह बहुत फायदेमंद है। आइए हम आपको बताते हैं कि शतावरी के अन्य गुणों के बारे में।
शतावरी के गुण कैंसर के लिए
शतावरी में एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट होता है, जो कि कैंसररोधी है। इसके अलावा शतावरी में विटामिन ए, बी, सी, पोटैशियम और जिंक पाया जाता है। इसमें हिस्टोन नामक प्रोटीन पाया जाता है जो कि कैंसर के उपचार में योगदान देते हैं।
खांसी के लिए
अडूसे का रस, शतावरी का रस और मिश्री मिलाकर चाटने या तीनों को मिलाकर चूर्ण बनाकर खाने से खांसी समाप्त हो जाती है। सूखी खांसी के लिए यह बहुत फायदेमंद है। कफ में खून आने की बीमारी में भी शतावरी खाने से लाभ होता है।
शक्तिवर्द्धन के लिए
शतावरी के चूर्ण को दूध में डाल कर बनाई खीर या पाक बना कर खाने से पुरूषों में यौन शक्ति बढ़ती है।
अनिद्रा के लिए
अनिद्रा के शिकार लोगों के लिए शतावरी बहुत ही फायदेमंद है। शतावरी का पांच से दस ग्राम चूर्ण, 10-15 ग्राम घी तथा दूध में डालकर नींद न आने की समस्या समाप्त हो जाएगी।
बुखार के लिए
ज्वर होने पर शतावरी और गिलोय का रस गुड़ में मिलाकर लेने से फायदा होता है। शतावरी से सामान्य और तेज दोनों प्रकार के बुखार में फायदा होता है।
सिरदर्द के लिए
माइग्रेन जैसे सिरदर्द के लिए शतावरी बहुत कारगर औषधि है। शतावरी को कूट कर रस निकाल लीजिए। बराबर हिस्सों में शतावरी का रस और तिल का तेल मिलाकर सिर पर मालिश करने से सिरदर्द होना बंद हो जाता है। इससे आधाशीशी रोग में आराम मिलता है।
खूनी दस्त आने पर
गीली शतावरी पीसकर दूध में मिला लीजिए, फिर कपड़े से छान कर या रस में घी मिलाकर पका लीजिए। खूनी दस्त आने पर इसका इस्तेमाल कीजिए, आराम मिलेगा।
शतावरी बहुत ही फायदेमंद पौधा है। इसे सामान्य दिनों में भी प्रयोग करने से कई प्रकार के सामान्य रोग भी नही होते हैं। सामान्य दिनों में प्रयोग करने के लिए, 4-5 मिनट पानी में उबालकर मिक्सर से फेंट दीजिए। इसे फ्रिज में रखिए और दो-दो चम्मच सुबह शाम प्रयोग कीजिए।
During sex a white liquid released. Is it common in girls or not? If any girl does nt release white liquid then is ther any problem with her or not?
I am 13 weeks pregnent and all my test reports are normal. But there is lot of pain in my stomach. What shpould I do?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.
PCOS causes irregular menstrual cycles, excessive body or facial hair and polycystic ovaries as it's main symptoms.
The cause of PCOS is not known. Some women with PCOS are less sensitive to insulin than other women. Insulin resistance can cause the ovaries to produce too many male hormones. The resulting hormonal imbalance can cause symptoms of PCOS. Currently, PCOS has no cure, but a variety of PCOS treatments can help alleviate the symptoms of this disease, including fertility.
PCOS symptoms -
-irregular or missing menstrual periods
-excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
-thinning hair on the scalp
-weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
-skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
-birth control pills to regulate menstruation
-ovulation induction to treat infertility
-treatment for hair loss
-removal of other skin problems
Lifestyle and prevention
A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with PCOS but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and PCOS treatments, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
I have doubt I am pregnant. For the important reason I want to know that before miss the period date how early I take urine test for real result? Please help.
Hi my wife loss two pregnancies at 7th month doctor's are told there is no big problem. What is the solution to this problem.
I have 25-30cms long penis when I keep it in her vagina she says some sounds and it's paining a lot. I love to have sex. Why she is saying it's paining.
I had a physical relation wid my bf but now I m going to married wid other person as my parents choice now pls help me out bcz my vagina hole is very broad due to regular sex relation. I want to close my vagina hole.
Could you please explain the below terminology from ultra sound scan for 11-12 week pregnancy. Fetal activity not made Cardiac faintly made out.
An effective parent to child conversation can shape the child’s listening, speaking and understanding capabilities whereas an inefficient communication can lead to numerous issues in later years likes like–not listening to their parents, emotional and psychological distancing from parents, teenage problems etc. The way parents speak to their kids and to the people around them show the kids how they should talk back to their parents.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo in her practice has found parents generally use three different ways to communicate with their kids. The first one is in an aggressive way. These parents frequently yell and convey punishments. Their children respond in many different ways, mainly they feel fearful, yell back and ignore their parents’ constant orders. The second form of parent and child communication commonly seen is a passive form. These parents mutter soft, cautious words and tones to their kids. Unfortunately these parents are so passive that sometimes when they are pushed to their limits, they suddenly turn their communication into an aggressive tone.
The third way parents can communicate with their kids is in an assertive way, which is the most effective way to communicate with kids at all levels. An assertive way of communicating is firm, consistent, clear, positive, warm and confident. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen.
Psychologist Shivani shares today some of the tips of how parents can talk assertively with their kids so they listen to them and build a healthy listening and understanding capabilities.
1. Try to use positive language– avoid saying “no” or “don’t” to your child, as much as possible. There is no doubt that if we say “Don’t drop your glass of milk” or “Don’t drop the flower vase, I will slap you” your child has that image and thought imbedded in their mind and more times than not, they will drop the glass!
Instead of telling bad circumstances and their bad consequences, try to use words that you want them to do, like “Hold onto milk glass carefully, your glass is very special”. This requires some thought and practice but it will help your child to become thoughtful and more aware about his surroundings
Also never use words that ridicule the child like “you make me feel so ashamed in front of the relatives”, or “you were a bad boy today”. Such language achieves very little rather they develop a feeling of worthless in the child. Positive and kind words help the children to develop confidence, happy feeling and behave better, encourages them to try hard and achieve success.
2. Raise your volume carefully and appropriately – remember when you use volume of your voice appropriately for the majority of the time, raising your voice in an urgent situation will not be ignored. The child will sit up and take notice of his/her mother or father because it doesn’t happen all of the time. How to use volume of your voice appropriately? Here is the check list:-
a. In situations when your child turns emotionally charged, yell at you, never compete with them. Wait till your child calms down and then talk to him/her clearly and express your points firmly with confidence.
b. Never yell from another room, like telling your child to switch off TV from kitchen. This gives the impression that you’re busy and not too serious. Rather walk into the room, join your child for a minute or two and waiting for the commercial break and then ask them to switch off the TV. This will model respectful behaviour in your child and your child will more likely to listen to you as they will know that you really mean to switch off the TV (without your yelling).
3. Express reasons – generally, children activities that parents perceive dangerous or wrong may be perceived as amazing or innovative by the child. Telling your child not to do this or that may subconsciously raise question in their mind that my mother always say ‘NO’ to things that I enjoy doing. Hence it is advisable to express the importance of following an instruction to the child. Like instead of telling your child, “don’t jump on the sofa” you can tell them, “people fall from sofa if they jump on it and if you fall on the floor you will hurt yourself”. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen
I got married on Jan 30 2016. Now my periods are not regular. On April my periods was late by 2 weeks, I consulted a gynaecologist and she asked to wait for 10 days & I had my periods on 27 th. But this month I had my periods today (10 may 2016) which is only 13 days since my last period. I had used emergency contraceptive pill last week. Do I have to consult a doctor or does it becomes regular by its own?
I want unprotected sex but not want to be pregnant Pls suggest me the best medicine to use regular basis.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"