Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandita Thakkar
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Nandita ThakkarYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old and still no baby. Got married before 1 year. TTC from last 5 months but suddenly I came to know I had an endometriosis and I had a surgery on 1st June. At the time of surgery Dr. Checked my tubes and all. Everything was ok. On 2nd of June Dr. Gave me an injection LUPRODEX 3.75 only one shot and added no need for more shots. 15th June I got my periods but dat was the day when I got my periods last time and no periods yet today is 20th August. Dr. Asked me to TTC. I have gone through a test beta HCG and there is no pregnancy. When I will get my periods. Dr. Asked me to wait. How long will it take? It has already been more than 2 months. I want to conceive. It's already too late.
Tell me the oral medicine which is the alternative of unwanted 72? Which don't have any side effects on my body?
I gone through creatine last month 15th December but still I did not got my periods. Usually how much time it takes or should I take pregnancy test. Pl suggest.
Hello sir, me and my friend did masturbation (deep fingering) on 4th april, as far as we remember we didn't touched pre-come or sperms while fingering. Her periods were due on 27 of april but didn't come. After a week and 2 weeks delay of period we did home urine pregnancy test but all result were negative. The very next day 15 day after period delay she had bleeding like normal periods but bleeding lasted for 1 day only. Now we are very tensed is she pregnant? she is still having back pain like periods only. Please give guidance to us.
I am 25 years old. I have irregular periods. Means weekly once lightly, I got married before 2 yrs. Now we wants to have a baby. How can it possible?
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!