Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandhivarman
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. NandhivarmanYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 24 yes old boy. I have a problem of blackheads in my nose. Kindly tell me how to remove blackheads and make my skin clean. Thanking you Suggest me some home made process.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered after menopause, which causes hyperpigmentation.
How to fight against It:
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
Freckles are skin cells (keratinocytes) that contain melanin, which is a brown colored skin pigment. The skin cells are otherwise very normal, so the spots can't be felt since they are flat. They don't cause lumps in the skin but they are quite visible.
Here are some of the methods and home remedies with which you can get rid of your freckles:
- Prevent your face from the sun: This is the best approach to get rid of freckles. Wear caps with wide overflows so your face is in shadow. Attempt to abstain from going outside when the sun is high in the sky since this is the time when you get the most UV radiation. If you do go out, try to stay in the shade. Also wear sunscreens with SPF 50 constantly, without fail.
- Lemon juice To bleach freckles away: Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaches. Use the juice from crisp crushed lemons; delicately apply the juice onto the freckled regions. Be careful not to put the juice in your eyes. Leave the juice on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water. You will need to do this twice every day for a few weeks before the spots vanish.
- Even out the skin color: Conceal the freckles by darkening the rest of the skin normally. Castor oil - an old solution for everything from blockages to upset stomachs - is fabulous for adding a light tan shading to the skin.
- A sake facial mask works fast: It causes the freckles to blur away quickly, since skin cell turnover rate is around three weeks. If you can keep the most reduced layer of cells from getting a considerable measure of melanin, the spots will be gone soon.
- Sour cream facial peels: Sour cream contains lactic corrosive, which are an exceptionally tender peeling operator. Apply the sharp cream to the freckled regions and keep it there for ten minutes.
- Fruit flavored facial peels: Use squashed strawberries and kiwi or cucumbers for a facial cover to create a peel. Banana crushed with mint leaves gives you a peel as well.
- Honey and lemon juice: Honey holds water and moisturizes the skin. It contains chemicals that are skin-lightening agents. Mixed with lemon squeeze, this is an extremely affective strategy to get rid of your freckles.
- Add nutrients to your skin while lightening freckles: Vitamin E oil not just blurs spots quick, it contains supplements that saturate your skin and keep it sound.
- Eating your way to fewer freckles: Vitamin C (citrus extract) in your eating routine helps your skin, pretty much as it does when you apply it to your face. If your skin is excessively delicate for lemon juice, then ensure you eat a lot of citrus product.
- Business bleaching creams with natural ingredients: Over-the-counter skin brightening creams that contain hydroquinone and oxybenzone can prove to be extremely effective. Common fixings, for example, bearberry, aloe, mulberry and different herbs are calming to the skin and help the spots without risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
My skin gets dried up fast and wrinkles on my skin apart from face. Please suggest me to overcome it.
Did you know that over 90% of skin ageing is caused by environmental factors? Protecting yourself from harmful UV rays by means of aneffective sunscreen lotion is your first line of defense against the sun, no matter what the season is. But there’s more you can do. Here’s our guide to ingredients that guarantee healthy and glowing skin all year long.
Coriander & jalepeño lemonade
Pumped with antioxidants , coriander aids in detoxification while jalapeño boosts metabolism. High in Vitamin C, lime juice will keep your body’s defenses intact and protect against external factors like the weather.
Custom-made green shake
Make your very own healthy green shake by following the simple 1-2-1 rule. Pick one green veggie (spinach, lettuce or broccoli), any two fruits (grape , apple, orange, melon, papaya, pineapple, banana, mango, kiwi, carrot , peach, cucumber or pear), one base for the shake (soy milk, skim milk, yoghurt, fruit juice or water) and blend. Slurp that green shake for breakfast every day and see the difference in your skin within the week.
Drink fresh gooseberry (amla) juice on an empty stomach every morning to control your body’s heat and strengthen its defenses against skin ailments. A good blood purifier, amla juice increases your red blood cell count, leaving you with a glowing complexion free of any blemish or impurity .
Oolong or Black Dragon tea is a rich polyphenol tea that can help delay the ageing of skin and the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles. Clinical trials of this tea have confirmed that drinking it 2-3 times a day is effective in combating radical damage to the skin.
Banana, strawberry & mango smoothies
Full of healthy calories, tropical smoothies—sweet and chilled—are an ideal pick-me-up to spruce up your day. Sure to leave your skin healthy and well hydrated, you can blend the perfect smoothie using an array of fresh fruits (from bananas to strawberries and mangoes) with yoghurt, keeping it fresh, healthy and delicious!