Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandhini Balaji
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandhini BalajiYour feedback matters!
My baby boy is about 2 months old (breast feeding). At 1st month he gone to potty regularly but now he is not going to potty daily. He is going one time in one week, going to toilet frequently. He didn't have any discomfort the a stool is smooth Do I have to change my daily diet or what is should do please help to solve the health issue of my baby. Any home remedies. Is it common problem,
My baby has taken 3rd dose of pentavalent vac, ipv, rotavirus vaccines and pcv on 15 july 15. Two of these injections were given in right thigh & one in left thigh. I observed that the place where injections had been given in right thigh, got hardened. Please advise us what to do?
My child baby girl aged 2.6 weight is 11 kg. But her birth weight was 1.6kg. She is 32 week born. Is her weight is Ok according to her age. And now she started going pre- school and usually caught by cold n cough. Sometimes with fever and without fever. Her cough (not dry) persist for 8 - 9 days. What extra supplements and food should I give to her?
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What to do to reduce the children and toddlers getting caught with cold and cough.Please suggest something.
My son has a problem that he doesn't like to eat home made food. He has no interest in eating any sort of home made food. He sits for long long hours hungry without eating anything. please help me wat should I do? Should I give him any tonic?
Hi, My Son is 6 years and is not interest to eat any thing daily this is very big task to eat any thing to my son and he is not interested to eat normal food now this age only eat one piece of roti and one major problem is going to latrine once in a 2 to 3 days so I donate now what to do kindly suggest.
Is your child undergoing Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (PIDDs)? If you are tired of seeing your child suffering with regular cold and cough which could be solely due to a lack of nutrients in the diet, resulting in low immunity of the body. Adopting healthy habits by cutting back on junk food while including healthy items will help raise your child’s immunity levels immensely.
Some of the best foods to include in the diet to increase the immunity of your child are mentioned below:
Eggs, pulses, lean meats and other healthy protein: Immunity buildup may be disrupted if there isn’t enough protein in your diet. Milk protein in cow’s milk or dairy products like butter and cheese, animal protein in lean meats such as chicken and ovo-protein in eggs are highly beneficial and raise immunity levels.
Fish for immunity build up: Fish is a great immunity builder and also helps in making the brain work more efficiently. Fish meat contains lean proteins as well as essential omega-3 acids which help properly regulate many functions within the body raising immunity.
Stay healthy with yogurt: There are a lot many flavored varieties of curd or yogurt that your child may like and which is also considered as a power food source. It helps reduce gastrointestinal illnesses. However, try and go for the less flavored ones as they would have lesser amounts of processed sugar.
Oats and Barley for your rescue: The reason why oats and barley are healthy alternatives, especially for children is because they are composed of beta-glucan (fibre containing antioxidants and antimicrobial properties). This helps in avoiding constipation thus cleaning the intestine and hence avoiding the buildup of harmful bacteria within the body.
Fruit toppings are delicious: Fruits are not limited to mangoes, apples and bananas only. Darker the color of the fruit, greater is the nutritional value. Berries, peaches, melons, pomegranates etc, can and should also be included in your fruit intake as they are healthy as well as tasty.
Vegetables can be tasty too: Growing children require leafy green vegetables for physical and mental development as they contain zinc, iron and folic acid. Foods like fenugreek leaves and spinach are an example of vitamin rich food items. You can include spinach and other vegetables in a clever manner by making the food interesting so that children would want to eat it willingly.
Carrots to fight infection: Carrots are beneficial for good eyesight and protection from infections. With carrot intake it becomes quite difficult for the bacteria and germs to ender the blood vessels. This can be made into a salad or craved figuring to make it interesting to the kids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.