Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nanda KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a 38-year-old female having right knee pain for more than 4 years, about two years having right hip hip and thigh pain, advise me.
I injured my leg slightly no blood but there is a painless clot or lump on the front of my leg below the knee and it is persisting as it is from 2 months.
I m a 38 years male having severe pain on my neck and upper backhead. Seems to be like cervicogenic headache. What should I do?
Im having pain in lower back on tailbone on coccyx area. I slipped from an slippery area. After that im having pain while sitting or standing. In running too. Right now im using painkiller like diclofenac +pcm and using itch gel. Pain suppressed by using pain killer. What to do I want permanent solution. Pain is from last 7 days.
My wife has problem foot elbow pain and cramp every morning her weight 45kg hight 4.8 feet age 40yer mother of 3 children.
In my leg joints heavy cracking sound is coming. I'm just 21 years. It is coming from last 1 year. What to for this problem.
Hello doctor! On dis 5 of june I fell flat on my back in bathroom, and taken to hospital. After MRI I came to know that I had spinal compression fracture of vertebrae D 8,9.10. I am on bed rest since dn, now I wanna know dn how much time it will take, to movement. As I am sick of lying on the bed. As I am in hyderabad and want to go back to my home in delhi. How much time it will take to move to my place. And please tell dos and do nots regarding this. I am 45 years female frm delhi.
How to cure knee pain due to cold I met an accident some years back and my knee was fractured. Usually during winter I feel pain in my knee and sometimes I feel pain during walking too. Is there any cure/prescription for it? Do Vitamin D and Calcium tablets will ease this pain?
I am 21 year old male and have backache for last 4 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now? And now a days am doing exercise for it so what I can do?
hi I get severe heaviness in the head.Can see clearly though.Is it because of not eating at regular intervals. Also have pain in the neck and shoulder area sometimes .Cervical xray shows no spondalysis. I feel good when i eat vertin 16 and stemtil md. But i cant eat that forever.Need to understand the real reason behind that and cure that. Being suffering for 4 years in parts. Thanks.
I was follen from motorcycle nearly five months back, I consulted very good ortho specialists, eventhough my shoulder pain and my arm muscle pain was not reduced. Please give me good suggesstion.
I have backache for last 2 weeks, I am using pain relief ointments but not at all working, what should I do now?
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.