Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nammalmar B RYour feedback matters!
I delivered a baby 6 months ago. I was prescribed calcium supplements for 3 months but in between I had to go for gallbladder removal. Now, can I take calcium supplements again. I heard it can lead to further complications of stones in body. Just wanna know as I already have a history of stones in kidney.
Mujhe kuch month se toilet baar bar aa raha hai mne M.D Dr. Ko dikhaya unhone Ultrasound karaya , urine test karaya, blood test karaya unhone bataya urine infection ho gya hai par unki medicine se aur jaldi jaldi toilet aane laga phir mane M.B.B.S Dr. Ko dikhaya unhone bola UTI ho gya hai unki medicine se kuch fayada hua phir unhone sabhi test dubara karye and urine culture bhi sabhi normal aaye jab se mane medicine start kari jab se toilet ma jalan aur hone lagi aur toilet hamesa mehsus rehta hai jase kuch toilet urinary track ma aa gya ho asa phele nahi tha toilet karke aao phir toilet mehsus , pani piyo phir toilet mehsus, neend aaye tho night ma mujhe koi problem nahi hote par jase he bed se par niche rakho turant toilet mehsus hone lagte hai aur morning ma toilet ma jalan bhi nahi hoti phir mane online urologist ko dikhaya unhone bola ya sab stress ke karan hai phir mane es baare me read kiya us time se kuch kam ho gya toilet phir toilet mehsus hota hai thora thora phir mane urologist ko dikhaya unhone bola jalan , toilet mehsus hona ya sab anxiety ke bimari ho gye hai jiske karan toilet mehsus hona jalan hona ya sab ho raha hai inhone mujhe soliten 5 mg lena ko kha and psychiatrist ko dikhane ko kha , par es medicine se mujhe toilet late start hota haiaur ma jayada toilet ke baare ma sochta hu tho toilet jaldi jaldi aane lagte hai mujhe toilet ke tension bani rahti hai ma karu ma bahut prasan ho gya hu .please provide me some best advise and medicine I want yours help.
While urine its getting pain and in a day its coming very less even when I drinking more and more water I think stone has come why should I do.
I am feeling little pain while I pass urine from last 15 days. It's feel like irritation. What should I do. I think I am having urine infection. What medicines should I take.
I have problem regarding frequent urination. Taken several medicines but no effect. What should i do?
I am 22 year old and I have frequent urination (15 to 20) times and there is no sign of infection while having urine test, and I lost my sexual desire also, can I know whether this is temporary or permanent? And how I will get rid of this condition?
My father is suffering from kidney problem. We are doing the dialysis but the uria creatinine is showing around 8.2. Then what is the solution?
I have 6 month old child. Wo pehle easily urine pass krta tha but before 2 months wo pressure k bad urine pass krta h. Please suggest something what should I do.
I have delivered baby girl on 3rd October premature at 32 week 2 days weight 1.5 kg. The baby had sepsis and suddenly her kidney parameters are as below Protein urine random: 70.59 mg/dl creatinine Urine: 5.71 mg/dl Protein creatinine ration: 12362 mg/g Please suggest what are the long term impact on her kidneys. Her KFT test is within normal range.
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. If there are sufficient red cells, the urine turns to a bright red, pink or cola shade. Frequently, the urine looks totally ordinary because there is insufficient blood to change the colour. In this situation, the condition is called 'microscopic' hematuria.
The most common causes of hematuria are given below:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stones
- Tumours in the kidney or bladder
- Exercise: In this case, the blood is produced in the urine after strenuous activity. It is more commonly experienced by male patients.
- Injury: Traumatic damage to any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the urethral opening, can cause hematuria.
The symptoms of hematuria vary depending upon the condition. These are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis: If the glomerulonephritis is not serious, it may not show any signs. If the symptoms do show up, they can cause swelling, particularly in the lower furthest points(the thighs, legs, feet, and toes), decreased urine, and hypertension.
- Kidney or bladder infection: Symptoms rely on the site of the diseaseand can even cause extreme pain on one side of the lower back, fever, chills, nausea with vomiting, and pain in the bladder.
- Prostate infection: There can be pain in the lower back or in the region between the scrotum and rearend. Pain with discharge, blood in the semen, andfever and chills can also occuronce in a while.
- Tumour in the kidney or bladder: Most kidney and bladder problems develop without bringing about any pain or uneasiness. At the point when side effects build up, abdomen pain may be persistent.
- Kidney stones: When a kidney stone gets attached to the ureters, it can bring about extreme pain in the back, side or crotch, with nausea and difficulties in urination.
Based upon the suspected cause of hematuria, some of the treatments may include the following:
- Urine culture: In this test, a urine sample is extracted and examined to check whether bacteria has developed. This test is used to find a case of a kidney or bladder disease.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys, ureters and bladder: For most cases,a CT scan is conducted. This helps in viewing the internal organs and finding the areas that may have been affected by the condition. It also shows the extent of the damage and the spread of the disease so that a proper treatment plan may be laid out.
- Ultrasound: This test uses sound waves to create images that can show whether or not a kidney mass is a non cancerous. This method can also be used to find out whether or not there are any kidney stones, which may be causing hematuria.
- Cystoscopy: In this test, the specialist embeds an adaptable telescope into the urethra and passes it into the bladder to investigate the bladder lining for tumours or different issues.