Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nammalmar B R
Submit a review for Dr. Nammalmar B RYour feedback matters!
I have recurrent UTI problem since 7 years. I do many test like Sonography, x-ray, Ctscan, but there is no internal problem but it's repeat every year. I can't find actual reason of my problem.
My bro age 64 diabetic all of sudden suffered with heavy dysentery loose motion with vomiting for infection and due to that severe body de hydration so as per Dr. he was admitted to hospital. Salin and anti biotic was given but urine stopped and Dr. says both kidneys are choked. LASIK was given twice but no use creatinine shoot upto 8.dr started 1st dialysis for 2 hours, little urine passes renal report shows creative 6 and blood urea 84, next day 2nd dialysis done for 3 .5 hour, urine passes little thrice total to hardly 300 ml. They wait for one day now today they will do blood new reports and will decide next action on next dialysis. He is now on restriction liquid consumption. Now I want to know after how many dialysis he will be alright? Is we are on right track? And how much urine he should pass daily as normal man? Do his kidneys are damaged permanently or it will be normal as our Dr. assured us? Don’t we have to do dialysis regularly. We are very much worried.
Hello My husband has stone problem. His stone makes again and again in his kidneys and discharge easily by urine n no pain. I want to ask that why it's makes again and again. What's the reason of behind it?
My wife facing heavy pain with blood while passing urine. This happened 4 days back after having rough sex. We got married 2 month back only. Pls advice if something serious.
I am getting lite pain in my back, I guess it may be some problem in kidney. Can any one suggest me identify the symptoms for kidney problem.
Few days back while passing urine blood also came out but I am not sure it passes through urine passage or from back. I am female of 25 years. Kindly tell me is it symptom of any disease.
Kidney or renal stones refer to the hard mineral deposit that accumulates along the path from the renal pelvis to the bladder. In normal conditions, toxins are filtered by kidneys from the blood and then passed into the urine. But if this waste does not dissolve fully, crystals are formed and these might get stuck in the ureter. Renal stones are common though and can be treated effectively. But you should first know how to detect it.
Signs and symptoms
If kidney stones are small, they might pass on with urine, and not cause any pain. But large stones can obstruct the flow of urine and lead to severe pain. Also remember that the location of the stone and the way it is travelling through your urinary tract can affect the symptoms you face. Sometimes, you might feel a sharp pain in your back or lower abdomen. In other cases, the pain may be constant or come and go, or the intensity might fluctuate.
Here are some other symptoms to watch out for
- Pain during urination, cloudy urine, urine that smells different and the frequent urge to urinate
- Blood due to kidney stones can make urine pink, red, or brown
- Nausea, vomiting, fever or chills
- Pain that increases in severity and stops you from standing, sitting or lying easily
- The pain might start in the early morning or late night, since people urinate less then
Though small kidney stones are often dissolved with medication, larger stones might create blockages and have to be removed in a hospital. The good news is that, now you don’t have to undergo any invasive surgery to get rid of renal stones. The new-age Holmium YAG laser technique can carry out this process with minimal cuts.
This laser sends intense and short infrared light pulses to break the stones into tiny pieces, which can then be passed out with urine. Patients also face lesser complications and get well quickly too.
More on the procedure
- The laser beam passes through a 0.2mm wide wire, which can easily rotate to reach stones whether big or small. Any location in the kidneys, tubes or bladders also becomes easily accessible. Hence the wire can directly contact the stone, without harming any other tissue.
- In laser lithotripsy, a very thin tube with a small camera is inserted into the patient’s urethra to guide the doctor towards the stone. Laser pulses, each lasting not even 0.0003 seconds are then targeted towards the stone.
- Depending on the number and size of stones, this treatment takes 10 minutes to 1 hour and is conducted under general anesthesia. The patients recover fast and are discharged soon after.
- The disintegrated pieces of the stones are also sent for analysis to see what is causing the problem and how the patient can prevent it in future.
Kidney stones can be prevented by drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol. If the stones are being caused by uric acid, ammonia, or calcium, then certain diet changes might be suggested. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.