Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini Jayanthi.NYour feedback matters!
Sir I have dry cough from a month I also tried taking medicines and first I thought it is normal but now because of it my throat swells and I can't even sleep at nights I also tried a dry cough syrup honitus but it won't effect. It feels like I have a spider like cough web in my chest because of which I can't breathe I never had this type of coughing before so can you please suggest me what should I do.
Hello Dr, am suffered from continuous cough from the three months during the night time the cough is very severe and urine also coming I take the medicine and syrup also but not fine pls give a suggestion am very tired.
Mai Kya karu jab meri saans(breathing) phulti hai coaching me mujhe saans phulti hai Aur log mujhe bimar kahte. hai, Please help.
Hello I find it difficult to breathe especially when the weather is cold and I feel pains in my lungs that I can hear myself breathing.Please tell.
Hello Doctor, My husband is 34 year old, he has chronic coughing problem in winter season. He gets coughing and eventually he vomits. This problem starts in winter season. Other symptoms are: 1. He always feels uneasiness in my throat, like some thing is stuck there 2. Vomit is full of mucus discharge and sometimes little blood also comes out along. 3. His appetite is reduced in winter season and have mild fever kind of feeling 4. Parallel, he gets pain and stiffness in his right side muscles in shoulder and neck area. Please suggest us what should we do? Thanks in advance
I have cough problem at early morning which phelgem what is the reason for the can you give any precautions.
I have problem of ED & EE. Forzest(tadalfil) and dapox, no benefit. Testerone levels normal. I have asthma & obesity. What could be cure ?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
Hello Sir/Ma'am I am 22 years old. I'am suffering from cough from last few years. Please help to over come.
He has pain in right chest, burning sensation, and heaviness in chest. Bit of swelling outside also. Can it be lung cancer's symptom?
I am 19 years male for last 10 DAYS I HAVE COUGH with. Sputum and I taken syrup COSOME and now there is no cough but my throat is not clear. Due to sputum in the throat when I start to speak there is some trouble so please tell me a good remedy.
I have dry cough continuously for 2 weeks before I had cold with fever after that it is continuing. So what to do?
What is your opinion on cancer that kills who suffered in that and is soul reason is chain smoking as the doctors declared. So what you tell about open smoking? Please advice.
Most of India’s urban populace is highly prone to respiratory infections and problems due to the dangerously high air pollution levels in all major cities across the country. Air we breathe in travels through the bronchial tube to reach our lungs. Problem begins when these tubes get inflamed and mucus builds up. It leads to coughing and shortness of breath which is known as bronchitis. It is very important to identify the symptoms in the beginning and get yourself treated by a doctor immediately.
Look out for these symptoms of acute bronchitis.
1. Prolonged Cough - If your coughing goes beyond ten days, it could be bronchitis. If you have been coughing so long, check if the mucus is coloured too.
2. Shortness Of Breath - If you are facing shortness of breath despite not being asthmatic, you should see a doctor.
3. Chest Pain - Chest pain and chest tightness could be a symptom of acute bronchitis as breathing troubles might cause problems in such areas.
4. Sore Throat - Sore throat with persistent coughing is also a symptom for acute bronchitis.
5. Flu Like Symptoms - Most children show very different symptoms of bronchitis. They might show flu like signs of runny nose, sore throat, back or muscle pain and chills.
6. Weight Loss - You might also experience unexplained weight loss.
7. Barking Cough - Deep, barking cough is a sure shot symptom of something serious and you need a consult a specialist immediately.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sir I have tonsitilles with pus type bumps and I have pus pimple on epiglottis and some pimples on throat .but I don't have sore throat .i have smoking habit past I quit that habit.
I am getting heavy cough and getting pain below ribs. I am feeling like there is a wound. Please let me know that is kind of symptom is it? I am 26 years old.
Has your child been coughing frequently? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.