Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini AlexanderYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir/Madam, I am having Hepatitis-B can it be curable please let me know, if I have sex with my wife will if be infected, can the infection be avoided, please let me know about this.
I had my last period on 19th july n had unprotected sex on 31st july, I took ipill on 1st aug n again I had sex on 9th aug n took unwanted 72 on 10th aug. I was expecting my period n on 14th aug little blood came out as period blood but it stopped on that day itself n after that I was getting white discharge as usual. I waited till 20th aug, my period not started, I took a home pregnancy test twice on 21st aug morning at the same time with two strip n as the result C was marked deeply where T was marked lighter but 2 marks came on both. I went to the nearest pharmacy and bought Mifegest Kit. 21st aug morning at 7: 30 am I took 1 mifepristone tab in empty stomach followed by 2 mifepristone on 22nd mrng same time n another 2 mifepristone on 23rd mrng. Aftr taking mifepristone on 21st mrng, from 21st n8 only bleeding started n after 2 mifepristone on 22nd, heavy bleeding started but from 23rd aug, dat much bleeding z not der. Blood color z brownish n a slippery liquid z mixed. Is there any problem? Pls suggest, my abortion z successful or I vll get more bleeding within a few days.
Antibiotic misuse is most likely to occur in children with ear infections (otitis media). Antibiotic therapy is the most common treatment of ear infections, with amoxicillin being the first choice. The side effects of amoxicillin include upset stomach, diarrhea, allergic reactions, and diaper rashes.
Antibiotics cannot treat infections caused by viruses or fungi. Most common respiratory infections, such as colds, flu, and sinus infections, are caused by viruses. Antibiotics should not be prescribed for viral infections because they are not effective. Giving antibiotics for viruses can't make the patient better - but might cause side effects and even allergic reactions.
Antibiotics may be absolutely necessary in certain situations, such as a life-threatening infection or when serious complications are present. For instance, if your child has symptoms of bacterial meningitis, there is no time to waste. He or she should be taken immediately to a doctor for antibiotics. We are very fortunate to have antibiotics for appropriate situations. However, antibiotics should be used in conjunction with methods that strengthen the immune system, and the depleted beneficial bacteria should always be replaced. Most importantly, the cause of the infection needs to be addressed for true healing to take place.
Please click consult to consult me in private.
Hello Dr. which day choose for conceive baby after period I am trying to baby after stop pregnancy but which tablet I wan to eat for conceive baby please tell me.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.