Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nalini Alexander
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini AlexanderYour feedback matters!
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent Specialist.
I am married man. How I make my sexual life without infections. How I drink my wife vagina daily without infections. Can any protection have during vagina drink. I very much like vagina drink. We have both choice.
Laser liposuction is the process of removal of excessive fatty tissue from the body through the use of laser light. This can be done both as treatment and cosmetic procedures.
Liposuction is gaining popularity because of the following reasons
- With changing food habits, more and more processed foods have found their way onto our plates. All this has led to increased fat in the diet and increased the incidence of obesity. The age of onset of obesity is also reduced drastically.
- This problem is compounded by reduced physical activity, promoting further fat accumulation.
- Added to this is another dimension where ‘thin is in.’ So there is a change in the definition of ‘fat’ and people want to look thin and sculpted
How it is done?
- The first step is to identify if the person is a candidate for this procedure
- Laser lipo can be done in cases of moderate to severe obesity and in people with skin laxity
- The abdomen, thighs, male breasts, back, and arms are all feasible areas for liposuction
- The patient and surgeon should have realistic expectations in terms of results, risks, complications, and post-op process.
- The procedure is done under local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the surgery (area and amount of fat)
- Areas of operation are pre-marked and intensive laser light is directed at this area
- The laser is used in different layers of the skin with different intent
- In the deeper layers of the skin, the laser is directed at fat cell walls which are broken, and the fatty oils leak out, and these disrupted cells are then removed
- The amount of fat to be removed is already determined prior to the procedure
- The oil and disrupted cells are removed producing a better contour
- The next superficial layers of the skin contain blood vessels, which are also coagulated by the laser. This reduces the blood loss during the procedure and less bruising after the procedure
- When the laser is used on the more superficial layers, the heat causes the skin to produce more collagen and elastin, which are the essential skin proteins. This promotes healing and improves the skin quality after the laser lipo is done.
Alternately, in some people, only the deeper layers are acted upon and the superficial layers are left untouched. The released oils and fat fragments are allowed to be absorbed by the body. This is more useful in areas where the skin is extremely thin, like the face over head and neck areas. It may also be used where only skin tightening without too much fat removal is required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!