Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Nagarajan SolaiYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
1. Sleep well For Seven hours in Night time in regular duration
2. Restrict Salt intake
3. Exercise for 15 to 20 minutes duration everyday in same timing
4.Meditation for at least 15 minutes every day to relieve the Stress
5.Consume More Fruits and Vegetables in daily diet
6.Maintain Ideal and Healthy Body Weight
Sir I want to known about the age limit of angiography. Can we done angiography at the age of 98. Becz my grandfather have a cardiac patient. He has regularly complained of chest pain last for 1 month.
I would like to know the difference between Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest & Stroke? And when heart explods like a bomb?
I am feeling pain in the chest central region. Also the pain is there when I am doing my natural work without any extra exertion. Pain is not radiating to back or left hand. Even I am not having feeling to eat. I am having headache also. But my BP is normal. Should I go for ECG or it is due to acidity even I m getting tired by normal walking I think it is anemia.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.