Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagarajan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajanYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 3 month but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Sir, My age is 37 years, I am suffering from anal fissure, I am on treatment from last fifteen day's but still I feel pain while passing stool, I am drinking a lot of water and taking fibrous food.
It is a commonly known fact that regular exercise is a necessary part of staying healthy and keeping fit. Physical exercise isn't just about losing weight or increasing stamina. It also has countless health benefits, which promote holistic well-being of an individual.
One such benefit of exercise is improved skin health. Proper and regular exercise is known to keep the skin healthy and flawless through many different ways.
Following are the different ways in which exercising keeps the skin healthy and flawless:
1. Improved blood circulation - The cardiovascular benefits of exercising promote blood circulation in the body and skin. This allows oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin to get improved, especially in the outer layers, thereby promoting skin health.
2. Reduced stress and anxiety - Mental health issues such as stress and anxiety have a damaging effect on skin, making it appear dull and aged. Exercising treats these issues through the release of endorphins in the body, which reduces stress and anxiety. Thus, it effectively works in making skin look flawless and radiant.
3. Boosted immunity - Regularly exercising keeps the body's immune system boosted. This includes skin immunity, making the skin less susceptible to diseases and infections. Therefore, skin remains healthy and glowing.
4. Improved sleeping habits - Having an improper sleep cycle and not getting enough sleep can lead to the formation of dark circles and swollen bags under the eyes. Regular exercise can induce restful sleep and promote healthy sleeping habits, making skin appear rested and healthy.
5. Toned muscles - Exercise tones the muscles in the body, which makes the skin clean and tight and prevents the formation of cellulite. This keeps the skin from sagging and gives it an unblemished appearance.
6. Improved gland function - Functioning of the mucous glands and sweat glands in the skin is improved through exercising. This keeps the skin free from pimples and acne and makes it look spotless and resplendent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had gone to village, 1years ago Actually there is some black marks arising on my face and it is still increasing I consult too many doctors they suggest me skintight, melalight, emosone and hh light but the problem is remain same on my face It looks very ugly please suggest me helpful treatment.
Once I suffered infection on my lips due to ofloxacin infection is over but my lips is dark how to make my lips colour back to natural. Will biluma cream work without side effect or other medicine is required.
Dr Anvika here the Dermatologist practicing in Delhi and today we are going to talk about the most commonly done cosmetic procedures across the globe that is Laser hair reduction, very first I am going to demonstrate the steps and secondly I am going to answer all the frequently asked questions about the same. So today we have a beautiful lady with us who wants to get rid of the unwanted upper lips hair, very first we are going to mark the region where she wants to get rid of it. So here I mark the region, secondly we shave the hair on the concern region, I am just opening the new blade for her. So we shave the region. Third step we take the eye protection for the patient. Now we use the US FDA approved lasers and we set up the laser setting according to the patient skin colour, hair colour and the hair type. Now finally we setup the energy parameters of the laser according to the patients skin colour, hair colour and the hair thickness. Now I set up the energy setups and now I will start with the laser shots. We will start for the laser shots now, so where I place my laser and I start giving the shots. So as you can see, as soon as we finish the procedure there is mild redness and swelling which goes off in 2 to 10 minutes and the patient is ready to go back home. So how does Laser hair reduction work? We all know that black colour absorbs light. Similarly the black colour of the hair absorbs the laser light gets heated up and gets kill. This is how laser hair reduction work. Now, how many sessions are required? Everybody requires around 8 sessions done its 4-6 weeks interval to get the desired results. And how much time does each section take? That depends upon the area, suppose if you are getting the upper lips done, it hardly takes 5 minutes, under arms 5 minutes, the full arms might take half an hour, full body takes around 2 to 3 hours per session. Is it really safe? Well Laser hair reduction is an extremely safe procedure provided, done using only US FDA approved lasers and not by using the Chinese and the Korean lasers and provide it done under a doctor’s supervision, who has a complete knowledge of the lasers. Are the results very prominent? Well once you have killed the hair of the skin, skin will definitely try to renew the lost hair. So the maintenance sessions are the frequency of once in a year are really required to maintain the results, that is whatever the hair the skin has regenerative you kill it there and then every year, so if one is regular with the maintenance session the results are permanent.
Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. Although it's common, accurate information about acne can be scarce. This can make it difficult to get clearer skin. The information on this site can help you understand acne and how to successfully treat it.
Why treat acne?
Myths about acne are as common as the skin problem. One common myth is that you have to let acne run its course.
Dermatologists know that letting acne runs its course is not always the best advice.
- Without treatment, dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin as acne clears.
- Treating acne often boosts a person’s self-esteem.
- Many effective treatments are available.
More women getting acne
Not just teens have acne. A growing number of women have acne in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Dermatologists are not sure why this is happening. But dermatologists understand that adult acne can be particularly frustrating.?
Acne: Signs and symptoms
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
Acne can cause more than blemishes;
- Low self-esteem:
- Dark spots on the skin:
- Scars (permanent):