Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagajothi NYour feedback matters!
Last 3 months I am feeling discomfort in liver side, after endoscopy feeling like this, but the report is normal, ECG is normal ultrasonic scan reports are normal but discomfort besides chest catch also, after drinking Luke warm water feeling ok, it is affecting my job also do the needful doctor.
My father is 59 year old. He have suffering from diseases like high blood pressure, asthma but from last 10 days he facing bad cough. He is not sleeping at night due to cough and also problem in breathing. While breathing a sound is listed that show his chest block. Doctor checked and tell him that he have chest infection and it cure by minimum 15 days. But our whole family and him can't sleep properly due to his illness. Pls tell something special so that he sleep at night without cough.
Hi Doctor, My baby boy on 13th completed his 3 month. Last week he suffered from serious issue, in his poo I saw blood so I consulted with my paediatric Dr. he said it's fresh blood and it's because of infection, and he gave him Taxim-O-O syrup for 5 days. But still issue is remain as it is. But blood may comes in every poo it comes in mostly morning poo. 1 or 2 times. Along with that he also have congenital heart disease it's because of that. He is on medication like calcium syrup and tonoferon. It's because of this medication. Is this a serious issue what can I do for this pls help me Dr. His weight is 4.24 n it's low so Dr. gave him simyl MCT OIL.
I am 40 years old diabetic patient from 8 years, last 1 year I also have high pressure and my last reading was 138/88, now please tell me how to control my blood pressure with healthy diet? Also give diet chart?
I am taking blood thinners because I have got my angioplasty done. I have got a blood clot on my thigh. What is the remedy ?
My age is 25 and I have high blood pressure taking medicine "amlip 5" regularly since 1.5 year. And it is our family heredity. What is d reason behind high bp? It can be completely cure?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of Hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes.
Recently diagnosed high blood pressure with following signs may be due to secondary hypertension:
- High blood pressure not responding to blood pressure medications (resistant hypertension)
- Very high BP — systolic blood pressure over 180 (mm Hg) or diastolic blood pressure over 120
- Sudden-onset high blood pressure before age 30 or after age 55 Risk factors includes-
- High blood pressure tends to run in families.
- Being overweight or obesity, physically inactivity.
- Using tobacco/ smoking or chewing tobacco, too much salt (sodium) in your diet, Drinking too much alcohol.
- Having more than two drinks a day for men and more than one drink a day for women may affect your blood pressure.
- Stress. High levels of stress /family history of high BP
Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Complications of hypertension
Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis that is hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications. Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently, the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest. It can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure. It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications. Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
About 6 months ago 1 was moving a quantity of asbestos sheets without any protection, and that night I coughed a lot and felt irritation on my chest. This has persisted ever since. I would appreciate it if you could advise me what to do.
Yes by taking ecg doctor found normal report den gv d medicine. Wat can I do myself for cure of heart pain with left hand. please suggest.
I am feeling pain in the middle of my chest from last 20 days, if I push it back pain increase, I feel more pain in the morning after getting up from bed, please help me.
My mother having problem of high blood pressure. When b. P. Is high she get headache. So what can she d0?
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old and recently when I had checked my lipid profile, major of my test results came very high, say double the normal range. Here are my lab results, Cholesterol= 231 Triglyceride= 275 HDL= 42 LDL=159 VLDL-HDLCholesterol=5.5 According to the results what are the steps that I should take at the earliest, as my BMI shows an obese state! What are the Do's & Do not's? Thankyou.
I had pain in my right chest between 01/07/2015 and 08/07/2015. I consulted a doctor and had a prescription. My pain reduced after five days. But I am getting slight pain usually. Why?
Heart attack kyun hota hai. Agar heart attack hota hai toh home remedies se kaise thik kiya jata hai.
How a diet high in salt increases blood pressure:
- The amount of salt you eat has a direct effect on your blood pressure.
- Sodium plays a key role in balancing the levels of fluid in our bodies by signaling to the kidneys when to retain water and when to get rid of water.
- When we eat too much salt, our bloodstream has more sodium in it than the surrounding areas of our body. This causes the water in those areas to be pulled into our bloodstream.
- Thus salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure. So, the more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure.
- A high-sodium diet can interfere with this delicate process and reduce kidney function. The result is less water removed from the body, which may lead to higher blood pressure.
- The higher your blood pressure, the greater the strain on your heart, arteries, kidneys. Overtime these extra strain can damage kidney an lead to kidney disease.
- As this reduces kidney's ability to filter toxic waste products out of the body which gradually start building up in the body leading to kidney failure.
- Also, eating too much salt may mean that blood pressure medicines (such as diuretics) don't work as well as they could.
So spice up your life with salt. But cautiously.