Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagajothi N
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagajothi NYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old woman. I tested whole body check up in June 2016, in report I found my total cholesterol was 382 and triglycerides was 216. Then I started to take rosuvastatin tablets for three months. Then I tested again 28 Nov, I found its 383 and triglyceride is 230. please suggest me what I do.
Hi, I am just suffering from low blood pressure from childhood what should I do for complete care of it and got full relaxed from this, please help me.
My mother age 60 years is not feeling to have food of any kind, although she tells she feels hungry. Very poor oral intake. Done endoscopy, report is normal. Some times she is having gas problems , for which she is taking medicines. Because of not having food she is getting weak day by day. She iscalso taking medicines for hypertension and cholesterol. Doctor here has recommended injection for strength weekly twice. But still condition is not improving. Kindly advise. Thanks.
I am a 26 year boy and my breathing is not good and I am not able to breath deeply and I have shoring problem when I sleep my stamina is poor.
Hi doctors my whole body feel light. Mostly my head. And pounding heart. All my test is good. My throat pain as well. What's the cause?
Mera right chest main halka sa pain ho raha hai. Sas lene se thora jada pain ho raha hai. please give me some solutions.
Sir I am 58 years old female, I got my left hand bone fractured, it has to be operated ,before that doctor advised for heart consultations and TMT, I got tomorrow morning appointment, Will the tests be done empty stomach, and what else should be followed and how much does TMT costs, Please let me know.
My mother is 62 years old. She is overweight with BP and diabetes. For last few months she is having frequent pain at hips while walking. I would like to know what test can diagnose the problem? And what tests are required for regular health screening? Thanks.
I have brain shock one day I took pill sertraline 50 mg salt and after night morning my heartbeat fast and brain shock what is this? I'm so sad pls tell me how to solve this problem falling sleep I hv shocks.
Me I am drink 180 ml of alcohol daily at night. I have a dout that it effects my heart or not. In school days I am 1st in running. But now I can not go 2nd floor.
I am a student. I got chest injured while playing cricket a long year before. Now it is paining. What should I do?
I am 63 year old male no sugar BP normal with medicine. My problem is 20 year back operate on my right leg hip joint with nailing. 3 year back remove nails. My right leg short about half inch. I walk limb. And due to that full body load come on left side leg. Now days my left side leg pain in knee. For that pl. Suggest medicine or treatment.
Hello My Name is Devendra ,47 Year Male. I n recently observed the Hike in Blood Pressure from 110 -170. I took cardiac5 5 mg and within Month it came to 80-140. What should we do to get it reduced further. There is slight pain in Fore Head and uneasy ness some time. Pl suggest.
Hii doctors my uncle always suffer with high bp. An about its age 45 what can I will do for them. To take an relief.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.