Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I have polycystic ovary. This is creating a lot of problems. I don't know what to eat and what not to. Even I am gaining weight. How may I get rid of this?
I had unprotected sex 3 days before my periods n consumed I pill within 24 hrs. My periods are 10 days late please suggest what to do. I got my pregnancy test done after 13 days from the date of intercourse. N the test was negative.
I'm a 24 years old girl. My mensuration not come yet. It already late 20 days. I test three time pregnancy usking kit. But result is negative. What should I do. Why my mensuration not come yet. Please help me.
I am 31 years old, 25th week of pregnancy. Is it normal to have heart rate of 120 - 140 in resting. BP is normal. Having gestational diabetes but sugar levels are under control.
I am a girl of age 21 and I masturbate a lot whenever I am alone due to which I'm unable to concentrate on studies and I sleep alot and always tired sleepy.
Madam meri wife ka left breast bahut bada ho gaya hai jabki right breast jaise ka taisa hai because unka right breast mujh per tej dab gaya tha aur usse blood discharge bhi hua tha but maine unka ultrasound karbaya to usme sab normal aaya sir ?
Hello Doctor, Actually me and and my hubby are trying for a kid from 3 months. I am taking folvite 5 mg from 3 days now. I am really curious and bit nervous as this is my first time. I am already 29 years old. So I want to know if I and my hubby have to undergo any fertility tests. If so what are those tests? Is it painful tests? Please can you mention the tests and how it will be done?
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
डेंगू वायरसजनित बीमारी है। ये बीमारी मच्छर से फैलती है और इसका सबसे पहला लक्षण तेज बुखार है। इस बीमारी के दौरान शरीर की प्लेटलेट्स कम हो जाती हैं। डेंगू एडीज नाम के मच्छर से फैलता है। हर साल बरसात के महीने में ये बीमारी फैलती है, जिसमें हजारों लोगों की जान चली जाती है।
डॉक्टर बताते हैं किम शरीर में 1 मिली खून में 30-40 हजार प्लेटलेट्स होती हैं। ये प्लेटलेट्स रोज नष्ट होती हैं और रोज बनती रहती हैं। डेंगू होने पर शरीर के काम करने की गतिे धीमी पड़ जाती है, जिससे प्लेटलेट्स बनने की गतिी भी धीमी हो जाती है। ऐसे में शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी गिरने लगती है। डेंगू का मच्छर ज्यादातर दिन में काटता है और ये साफ पानी में फैलता है। मादा एडीज कूलर, ड्रम, टंकी और गमलों में इकट्ठे पानी में अंडे देती है, यहीं से डेंगू फैलता है।
डेंगू के लक्षण
एडीज मच्छर के काटने के बाद डेंगू का वायरस शरीर में पहुंच जाता है। इस बीमारी का मुख्य लक्षण तेज बुखार होता है। इसके बाद सिर दर्द, जोड़ों और मांसपेशियों मे भी दर्द होता है। शरीर पर लाल चकत्ते भी दिखाई पड़ते हैं। इसके अलावा उल्टी, दस्त, पेट में दर्द, कमजोरी और भूख न लगना भी डेंगू के लक्षण हैं।
डेंगू का इलाज
1. डेंगू में नीम, तुलसी, गिलोय, पिप्पली, पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों का रस, गेंहू की बालि यों का रस, आंवला और एलोविरा का रस पीने से फायदा मिलता है। रस से शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ती है और प्लेटलेट्स के निर्माण में तेजी आती है।
2. पपीते की पत्ती:
डेंगू में प्लेटलेट्स की रिकवरी के लिए पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों के रस को बहुत उपयोगी माना जाता है। इस रस को बनाने के लिए कुछ पत्तों को पानी से अच्छी तरह धोकर पीस लें। ध्यान रखें, पत्तिीयां नई उगी हुई ताजी हों। इन पत्तियों के अर्क को दिन में दो-तीन चम्मच डेंगू के मरीज को पिलाएं। ये शरीर से टॉक्सिन बाहर निकालता है साथ ही प्लेटलेट्स की मात्री तेजी से बढ़ती है।
3. गिलोय का काढ़ा:
25 ग्राम ताजी गिलोय का तना लेकर कूट लें, 5-6 तुलसी के पत्ते और 3-4 काली मिर्च पीसकर 1 लीटर पानी में उबालें। पानी को तब तक उबालें जब तक ये 250 मिली न रह जाए। इसे तीन हिस्सों में बांट लें। डेंगू फैलने पर ये काढ़ा पि्एं इसे वायरल इन्फेक्शन के बचाव के लिसए इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।
तुलसी की पत्तियां हर तरह के वायरल में लाभकारी होती हैं। इसकी पत्तियों को चाय में डालकर रोजाना पीने से वायरल से बचाव होता है। डेंगू के मरीज को पानी में तुलसी की पत्ती उबालकर दें, इससे शरीर को रोग से लड़ने की ताकत मिलती है।अनार और चुकंदर का जूस- डेंगू के मरीज के लिीए अनार और चुकंदर का जूस लाभकारी होता है। अनार खून की कमी को दूर करता है।
एलोविरा का जूस प्रतिरोधक शक्ति बढ़ाता है और पाचन शक्ति ठीक रखता है। डेंगू होने पर मरीज को एलोविरा का जूस या नेक्टर (मकरंद) दें, ये शरीर को शक्तिे प्रदान करता है।
आंवले में विटामिन सी होता है, ये शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाता है। वहीं शरीर में पहुंचकर लौह तत्व का ज्यादा अवशोषण करता है, जिससे खून बढ़ता है।
ये सारे उपाय डेंगू के लक्षणों को कंट्रोल करने के लि।ए हैं, आराम न मिलने की स्थिपतिा में डॉक्टर का परामर्श जरूर लें।
डेंगू से बचाव
डेंगू से मुकाबला करना मुश्किल है और इसके वायरस के संक्रमण के बाद तेजी से प्लेटलेट्स गिरती हैं। इस स्थि ति् में संभलने का वक्त नहीं मिलता। इसलिबए इससे बचाव रखना भी बेहद जरूरी है।
1. ध्यान रखें कि घर में कहीं भी पानी इकट्ठा न हो। सफाई का खास खयाल रखें।
2. कूलर वगैरह का पानी वक्त पर बदलते रहें और कूलर साफ करें। जहां भी पानी इकट्ठा हो रहा हो उसमें मिट्टी का तेल डाल दें ताकि अंडे विकसित न हो सकें।
3. गमलों में भी पानी इकट्ठा न होने दें। मिट्टी नम रखें बाकी पानी गिरा दें।
4. बर्तन धोने वाली जगह पर भी पानी न इकट्ठा होने दें। हो सके तो बर्तनों को उलटा करके रखें।
5. घर में मच्छर मारने के उपाय करें। नीम की पत्तियां जलाएं, मॉसक्वीटो रिपेलेंट लगाएं और मच्छरदानी लगाकर सोएं। बच्चों को भी पूरे कपड़े पहनाकर सुलाएं और दिन के वक्त खासकर मच्छर भगाने के इंतजाम रखें।
6. कपूर के धुएं से भी मच्छर भागते हैं, कपूर को दिये में रखकर जलाएं और हर कमरें धुआं करें। अगर घर में किसी को डेंगू हो गया हो तो विशेष ध्यान रखें।
Hi, I am married 23 years. When ever I did sex on the next day morning my uterus pains. Please help.
Hi my wife is suffering from typhoid and she is in pregnancy 6 th month running is there any problem for baby and mother and we consulted the doctor and Dr. gave the medicines now it is some what better is there any problem.
I got married a week ago and my wife is 21years old but recently I have noticed that when I squeeze my wife's nipple very hard, it oozes clear water. She isn't pregnant. Is the water oozing normal? is it harmful to squeeze nipple too hard?
My Beta hug level is 1723 and on ultrasound doc could not locate gestational sac? Is it ectopic pregnancy.
What Are Antibiotics.The word antibiotic comes from the Greek anti meaning ‘against’ and bios meaning ‘life’ (a bacterium is a life form).’ Antibiotics are also known as antibacterials, and they are drugs used to treat infections caused by bacteria. Bacteria are tiny organisms that can sometimes cause illness to humans and animals.
Antibiotics, first used in the 1940s,
An antibacterial is a compound or substance that kills or slows down the growth of bacteria.
Before bacteria can multiply and cause symptoms our immune system can usually destroy them. We have special white blood cells that attack harmful bacteria. Even if symptoms do occur, our immune system can usually cope and fight off the infection.
The first antibiotic was penicillin.
How do antibiotics work?
Although there are a number of different types of antibiotic they all work in one of two ways:
A bactericidal antibiotic kills the bacteria. Penicillin is a bactericidal. A bactericidal usually either interferes with the formation of the bacterium’s cell wall or its cell contents.
A bacteriostatic stops bacteria from multiplying.
What are antibiotics for? Do antibiotics work against all infections?
An antibiotic is given for the treatment of an infection caused by bacteria. Antibiotics target microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and parasites. However, they are not effective against viruses. If you have an infection it is important to know whether it is caused by bacteria or a virus. Most upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold and sore throats are generally caused by viruses – antibiotics do not work against these viruses.
What are the side-effects of antibiotics?
antibiotics can cause more harm than good when they aren’t used the right way
Below is a list of the most common side-effects of antibiotics:
Side-effects range from mild to very serious depending on the antibiotics used, the microbial organisms targeted, and the individual patient.Safety profiles of newer drugs are often not as well established as for those that have a long history of use.
Adverse effects range from fever and nausea to major allergic reactions, including photodermatitis and anaphylaxis.
Feeling and being sick
Fungal infections of the mouth, digestive tract and vagina
Below is a list of rare side-effects of antibiotics:
Formation of kidney stones (when taking sulphonamides)
Abnormal blood clotting (when taking some cephalosporins)
Sensitivity to sun (when taking tetracyclines)
Blood disorders (when taking trimethoprim)
Deafness (when taking erythromycin and the aminoglycosides)
Allergic reactions to antibiotics
Some patients may develop an allergic reaction to antibiotics – especially penicillins. Side effects might include a rash, swelling of the tongue and face, and difficulty breathing. If you have ever had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic you must tell your doctor and/or pharmacist. Reactions to antibiotics can be very serious, and sometimes fatal – they are called anaphylactic reactions.
Interactions between alcohol and certain antibacterials may occur and may cause side-effects
Use antibiotics with extreme caution and ensure you inform your doctor/pharmacist if:
You have reduced liver or kidney function.
You are pregnant
You are breastfeeding.
One of the foremost concerns in modern medicine is antibiotic resistance. Simply put, if an antibiotic is used long enough, bacteria will emerge that cannot be killed by that antibiotic. This is known as antibiotic resistance.But overprescribing them has resulted in the development of resistant bacteria, which are bacteria that don’t respond to antibiotics that may have worked in the past. Infections exist today that are caused by bacteria resistant to some antibiotics. The existence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria creates the danger of life-threatening infections that don’t respond to antibiotics.
Bacteria become resistant more quickly when antibiotics are used too often or are not used correctly (such as not taking a full course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor).
Though antibiotics are required to treat severe bacterial infections, misuse has contributed to a rise in bacterial resistance.
Self prescription of antibacterials is an example of misuse.
Common forms of antibacterial misuse include excessive use of prophylactic antibiotics in travelers and failure of medical professionals to prescribe the correct dosage of antibioticsw on the basis of the patient’s weight and history of prior use.
Although Antibiotics are operative in eliminating bad bacteria, they also destroy the good bacteria, which is a vital part of our immune system. Good bacteria produce natural Antibiotics, Anticarcinogens and Cholesterol lowering substances and keep our digestive tracts functioning well.
Several transmuted strains of bacteria, are resilient to Antibiotics and are not influenced by the drugs of the pharmaceutical industry.
An Antibiotic or an Anti-viral drug may remove the pathogen, but will not assist in escalating the person’s immune system, thereby, increasing chances of re-infection.Due to side effects with Antibiotics and Antiviral drugs, most people these days are looking at Natural remedies.
Naturopathy or antibiotics-What do I choose and why?
Naturopathy is a traditional healing system that has been used throughout the ages and is now backed by outstanding clinical research. Naturopathy can not only shorten the length and intensity of immune complaints but also help to ward them off in the first place.
Naturopathy helps to build natural immunity by bringing ones overall health and wellbeing into alignment.
Historically Naturopaths would call your immune system your overall vitality and if you have a few too many health complaints in combination, say your digestion and immune system, then your vitality could be viewed as sub optimum. The good news is that Naturopathy has an amazing array of immune boosting herbs that can bring up your vitality in no time at all.
Mushroom extract – mushrooms in the diet can strengthen the immune system.
Honey – a very strong antibiotic on the skin, and also its astringent properties helps to heal the cut. one can apply honey a couple of times to the stitches, then covered with a large band aid.
Garlic – antibiotic, anti-parasitic and antiseptic when consumed raw, and a boost to the immune system.
Coconut oil – contains lauric acid, medium chain fatty acids that are antifungal and antibiotic. Coconut oil is awesome for keeping the skin around the stitches moist.
Naturopathy works to proved herbal and nutritional symptomatic relief but can also assist in boosting immunity against viruses and bacteria.
Homeopathic Alternatives to Antibiotics-
Your child is restless all night with a sore throat, cough and fever. You rush your child to the Doctor next morning and the Doctor prescribes an Antibiotic. A few days later, your child is well again. Actually, was it the Antibiotic that helped or did the ailment merely run its course? In another scenario, you have a sinus infection or a bladder infection, and you are prescribed an Antibiotic, after you discontinue the Antibiotic, your symptoms come back, and your Doctor recommends another course of a stronger Antibiotic. Before you recognize, you are taking different Antibiotics for extended periods.
Antibiotics are the leading prescribed drugs and have become a major part of the treatment modality in modern medicine today.
Homoeopathy:a better substitute to antibiotics- It i an effective alternate to antibiotics in infectious diseases, producing no toxic side effects & bringing about rapid recovery. Infectious diseases such as sinusitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media, gastroenteritis, dysentry, urinary infections, respond well to homoeopathy.
Homeopathic medicine actually gained its greatest popularity primarily due to its impressive successes in the treatment of infectious diseases in the19th century.
What is so different about homeopathy?
Homeopathic medicines are not just composed with different medicinal ingredients, and they are not just the use of smaller doses of medicines. Homeopathy represents a different approach to understanding disease and health.
What also makes homeopathy different (and sometimes more difficult) than conventional medicine is that homeopathic medicines are not prescribed to treat a specific or localized disease but are prescribed to treat specific syndromes of symptoms of which one’s disease is just one part.
In other words, two people may have the common cold, but one would have a thin watery nasal disease that irritates the nostrils, frequent sneezing, and a headache, all of which are aggravated by warmth. The other would have thick yellowish nasal discharge that doesn’t irritate the nostrils, nasal congestion alternating with nasal discharge, a cough that is relieved in the open air, and no thirst.
In Homeopathy, there is no Antibiotic or Anti viral remedy, because every correctly prescribed Homeopathic remedy has the potential of strengthening a person’s immune system that helps to fight any bacterial or viral infection.
Homeopathy has several advantages, which make it, a preferred alternative over conventional Antibiotics. It is safe with no side effects, does not suppress the immune system
Self – care –Measures along with Homeopathic remedies during an active infection:
Eliminate caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy, refined foods.
Be well hydrated.
Drink warm beverages, like herbal teas.
Juice fasting can help during an infection.
Strengthen your immune system with yoghurt, foods rich in Vitamin C, Beta-carotene, and zinc.
Colon cleansing can help.
Steam baths can help detoxify your system during infections.
Massage can speed up elimination of toxins, particularly a foot massage.
Relax and get enough rest.
Local application of turmeric can help skin infections.
Hot ginger tea for throat infections.Have a positive mental attitude.
Hence, to summarize, Antibiotics are an interesting group of medications, however, they tend to be over prescribed and toxic. They must be utilized as a last option, not the first.
The use of Homeopathy as a possible alternative to Antibiotics would be more favorable, harmless and cost-effective.
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbeque nights, and more traveling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
- Cooling Foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
- Barbecue nights: While summer allows you to enjoy a barbeque party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbequed and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
- Picnic foods: Summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighborhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
- Beer: There can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.
There are many other tips to watch for in your diet during summer, however, these are the major dangers.