Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Please help sir.
I am age of 30 my wife is 23 she is suffering with irregular periods (3months minimum, we consult doctor do all harmone tests, like thyroid fsh, lh like get positive result. Give me a guide for when egg will be release in this condiation, for pregnency. Sir give me the guidence for this problem.
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
Sir previous year in june I gave birth to male baby, 2 days later he was passed away, reason is dandy walker malformation. Sir, now I want new baby what are the precautions I should to take ?
Pain during labor is different for every woman. It ranges widely from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
It is caused by contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix. It's often not the pain of each contraction on its own that women find the hardest, but the fact that the contractions keep coming and that as labor progresses, there is less time between contractions to relax.
To help with pain during labor here are some things you can start doing before or during pregnancy:
- Educate yourself: Take a birth preparation course class. Ask questions to learn about the different stages of labor so you know what to expect. The better prepared you are the more choices you have during labor.
- Regular exercise: Learn several effective techniques to manage pain during childbirth such as position changes and different breathing methods. Prenatal yoga helps strengthening the entire body, increases flexibility, gives you stamina and relaxes your mind. Join Lamaze classes being conducted at your hospital to educate yourself about the ways you can decrease your perception of pain during childbirth through relaxation techniques, breathing exercises or massage. Exercise regularly, but do not over do and stress yourself.
- Find support: Ask your husband to actively participate along with you in the birth preparation classes. Take his support while you exercise. He too would feel involved.
- Stay well nourished: Pay importance to your diet. Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet and avoid foods which are not recommended during pregnancy. Get in touch with a professional nutritionist to get your ideal diet chart designed.
- Stay calm and positive: Negative thoughts make labor stressful and intensify the pain. Labor transforms you, but you need to harness your mental strengths and stay composed. People may push all kinds of suggestions on you during labor; listen but don't feel you have to go along with them. Choose what you feel comfortable with and find the best option for yourself.
Remember, your ability to endure the pain of has nothing to do with your worth as a mother. By preparing and educating yourself you can be ready to decide how to manage during labor and childbirth.
The test of whole abdomen ultrasound tell about the pregnancy or not? If I want to check my pregnancy then go for whole abdomen ultrasound?
Hi I wanted to ask that my friend is trying for baby her all reports are normal body is healthy but after intercourse that ,sperm comes out of vagina .is this normal as it might affect chances of conceiving.
Hello gud afternoon Ma'am, Ma'am I was diagnosed with right ovarian cyst in 2015 and now it is 4.5 cm. I don't have any problem with my cyst I always had normal n regular periods. Since 6 months back me and my husband are trying to conceive but we fail to conceive, and luckily in the month of July I had conceive which I was not aware that I am pregnant, my period was 5 days late and I did home pregnancy test it was faint positive and than I thought of repeating the test again after 5 days but after 2 days after evening walk I got miscarriage, I consulted gynecologist doctor she advised me tablet DIENOGEST 2 mg for 1 month it has been 1 week back I have completed the course but didn't resume my periods and since 3 days having lower back pain, headache, frequent urination n nausea. Please help me.
5th month start today. Fuild nd baby weight is mild low. Fluid 8 cm and baby weight 120gm. What to do to. Increase baby weight n fluid. Please give me your valuable suggestions.
HI, I am 27 years old, recently I delivered (a boy-- 3months), his birth weight 3.7 kg, I had DIABETES in pregnancy, but I controlled with food diet only, after delivery also blood sugar level is in border (140-150, I missed on my diet, recently I checked my RBS, it is 208, I am worrying, I am feeding to baby, Does baby got any effect with me? In feeding time may use any medication?
I delivered 2 and a half months back. We haven't had sex for almost my entire pregnancy. Now while trying to have sex. I find very uncomfortable. Pain, and also tight, burning sensation.
I gave contraceptive pill to my girl friend last month and her periods started 2 days before her date. This month her date was 22 dec. And we had sex on 18 dec with any precaution she skipped her periods on 22 and we checked through prega kit after 4 days of her date test was negative thn we checked it again on 6 day and the test was negative like previous one. It's been 8 days she skipped periods and today she realized that it's just a spotting not proper periods is what should I do. Is there any possibilities of getting pregnant?
My wife is pregnant now 3 and half months, now she had bleeding now we are in hospital taking injection and all have any problem to child due To this.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.