Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.UdayakumarYour feedback matters!
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
My son is 10 months old. Now, he got a problem like, one of his testis is not in the scrotum. When we scan it, it was given in the report as the left side of the testis is present in the left side external inguinal ring measuring 15 * 6mm. So whether operation is the only solution for him? Or we can wait for few more years for this problem? Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue. We are really worried. In this website itself I am getting two different answers. 1 doctor is asking me to wait and the other one is asking to operate soon. Please give me a suggestion on this. Please connect to pediatric surgeon and answer me. I am confused because, in India itself I have contacted 8 doctors, please give me a clear explanation and suggestion please.
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
I ve a one month old baby and am giving breast feed, can I add flax seed to my diet . Will it harm for me or my baby. Will it affect my breast feed.
What is the correct age for babies to stop breastfeed? does weaning increase weight? best solid food for babies?
Hi, my son is now 4 years old he's only 13 KGS from last her he's not gained wt he's active I am worried about his at his birth weight was 3.4.
Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and yesterday I got some reasons what could be symptoms of autism. 1) she does not have eye contact except her parents with other people, 2) does not want to play with other children 3) enjoying to watch TV and phone when she watching in phone she does not want to give it back 4) become very stubborn and feel irritated and started crying to get any thing 5) speak everything even the Hindi mantra also but sometime the speech is not so clear 6) sometimes live in her own world in school Are all these symptoms of autism and the therapy could help my child to be normal as other children. And can my child also study in regular schools. Thank you.
My son 4 yr old he had slight stammering some times otherwise he talk normally when some fears in his mind he stammering continueously give me suggestion for treatment.
My new born baby born on 16.04.2016. Kindly with request give all vaccination schedule. I did not find Can we go for vaccinations provide by Government?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!