Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hi, I'm just looking for a little advice (or even just the knowledge that I'm not the only one suffering with this) around Citalopram and my complete lack of sex drive. I was told I was depressed / had work related stress at the beginning of 2013 (February / March) and was put on 30mg of.
I'm 18 now. . Since 1 year I was facing lower level of mental activity. There was a low quantity of will power and focus (focus is not a big factor now) to exhibit a job. I also possess anxiety. I consult a psychiatric and he prescribed a tranquilizers.(escitalopram) for that. But now I do not want to eat drugs for it. And after my higher secondary exam I quitted to take these. Nowadays im facing low level of enthusiasm and satisfaction. However im much better than previous time. I think all of these happen due to lower amount of acetylcholine or somewhat Neurotransmitters like this. I wants raise the level of them through my regular diet. And please guide me through the right path to live a active life, mentally and physically.
Dear doctor, I am 28 years male, doing a job, profile is dealing with problems, as a trouble shooting specialist every day morning starts with problems to be solved by me. So I am feeling depression for small issues, now I am taking cbt 12 weekly sessions, it works little bit on me and using medicines since 5 months sylonex -60 morning, mirpine-7. 5 night. Doctor advised to continue these medications up to one year till iam all right. Before I had social fobia, anxiety, stage fear, full of negative thoughts, after treatment decreased to 50%. Please advise me to improve my quality of work and personnel life. Thank you.
Hello doctors I have been smoking for almost 7 years, and it's more like a mental need for me now. As it doesn't feel any different or uneasy if I don't smoke, but I have kind of scheduled myself with smoking. How could I overcome it? Also I was wondering if there could be any means or methods via which the effects I have on me can be reduced? Can tar be removed at regular intervals with some artificial process? What affect more, tar or nicotine? Thanking you in advance.
Hello doctor I have been suffering from ocd hiv phobia since one year and its has been my worst days of life and my latest concern is that one week ago I jus cut my index finger very little cut about 4mm and jus little amont of blood came out and about 5 min I gave money to my plumber from that finger cut and after that I thought maybe his he has cuts in his hand and his cut touch my cut is that is risk for hiv concern should I need test Please help.
In depression I become more agree and I will scold the people with that depression is their any remedy for this?
I am addicted to cigrate smoking. I nearly smoke 12 cigrate a day. I can't control myself. What should I do to avoid smoking cigrate?
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
I am 22 years old and my problem is, what I read that has been expire from my memory beetwin 2 or 3 days. So kindly give me some suggestion to improve my memory power.
How to Know If You're in Love?
A Valentine’s Day brings with it basket full of love that lasts a week and it’s time to find and express love. Falling in love is one of the best, most rewarding feelings in the world! Some of us have had the opportunity of falling in love, while others have misunderstood infatuation for love. Everyone has their own definitions of what love is and what they want it to be. However, here are a few things that will make sure you know you’re in love with someone and you don’t just have a huge crush on him/her.
1. He/she is the best part of your day
If you look forward to seeing your special person because he/she is the best part of your day; it is probably love! He/she is the first person you want to share your news with whether it is good or bad.
2. You love their imperfections
You accept that person for who he/she truly is. The smallest of imperfections don’t upset you. In fact, these imperfections make you love them even more. You look at their imperfections as the tiny things that make them unique.
3. You become a better person
He/she truly brings out the best in you. They help you deal with your negative qualities and highlight your positives. They make you a better human being just by being there with you through it all.
4. He/she is your best friend
The bond you two share is not just a normal girlfriend-boyfriend bond. Over time you’ll become best friends, partners in crime. Parties seem boring without him/her by your side, coming home becomes a lot more fun because you get to come home to him/her. You can share anything, even your deepest, darkest, most embarrassing secrets with him/her.
5. You think long term
You find it hard to imagine your future without him/her in it and you’ll do anything to make sure things between the two of you work. You understand the importance of having him/her in your life and you’re completely willing to give up on temporary satisfactions that might ruin your future with your special person.
There are tons of other ways for you to know you’re really in love with someone. When people say, “it is the little things that count”, it is these little things that they mean.