Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Dear Sir, Please suggest me I am in big confusion I am living with my aunt and uncle since 1 month and internally I do not want to live here now and want to go back home and continue studying there was here for better study but the situation circumstances I saw here I do not want to live here for a single day it keep putting pressure on my mind and I am getting depressed please mail me answer me.
Hi I am 81 years. My main problem is that I do'nt get any taste in eating anyting, may it be food or fruits. So I have to remain hungry. I also have constipation. This causes weakness depression and thoughts of imminent death haunt me. Otherwise I am keeping quite good health for my age. Kindly help and advise. Thanks
I do have rough patches in between thighs, I do have throat dries ,head ache, fever, how to quit cigarette?
Smoking is keeping me stocked to it and I just want to get rid of it. Suggest me ways to put off smoking.
I have heavy body pains from a week, I can't able to sleep daily, I have used many medicines, but it was not reduced?
1. Accept the reality of what has happened.
2. Accept and experience the full negative emotional impact. For example, it’s likely to damage your self-confidence and undermine your self-esteem. You are also likely to experience loss.
3. Talk about it with people who understand and care. This will help you to process the negative emotions so you can start to heal and move on with your life.
4. Change the way you think about yourself and the negative experience. See it as something you can learn and grow from – and not as something that destroys your life.
5. “When one door closes another opens” so get back in the game and embrace life again. Set yourself new goals, and embrace a dream again. Something even better may be waiting for you!
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
I'm suffer from sex related eye problem for the the past 1 year. When I see women/men my eyes automatically see their sex organs/boobs without my permission. I am hardly trying my eyes to control. But every time it's in vain. Eventhough I'm not a gay. Now I always having so much hesitations to look my relatives/friends/girl friend. Because im afraid of seeing their sex organ/boob. So please help me. Thanks,
My question is for psychiatrist I'm 20 year old engineering student I had a girl friend with whom I was in relationship for almost 2 years there we're no misunderstanding or any trust based issues between us. Our relationship was going well intact we both loved each other and were ready for marriage too. But all of a sudden two months back my girlfriend ditched me. And didn't even tell me proper reason or why is she breaking up with me, but after many days of struggle and hard push I got t know some how that she is not even committed to any other boy or she doesn't even like anybody else and she still loves me. But last couple of weeks ago I forced her to tell why was she avoiding me so much being rude too Me so much and no texts and call all of a sudden, and I was shaken by her answer, and I'm completely going mad in my life The reason she gave was that she needs a break till I and she complete her under graduate and later once I'm done with job if I remember her at that time she wants me to approach her parents and ask for her to get married to me, till then she doesn't want t keep any kinda links or contact or relationship with me. She says she wants me in her life but at the same time she tells me that" she doesn't care about me and go to hell idontcare" kinda stuffs Earlier she was having lots of hopes on our relationship but now she has left with 0% hopes idk why. She says to take care of my life and future but I I want to lead my life with her But she is like this. I'm totally going mad and hell lot of stress I can't even study for my exams and not able to concentrate.
1. Mental Stimulation
Just like we have to exercise the body, we also have to exercise the brain. Reading helps to keep the brain stimulated which can slow the progress of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Doing puzzles and playing games like chess can be just as helpful as reading.
2. Relieve Stress
Reading is a huge stress reliever. A well-written book can sweep you away into another realm, which will allow your tensions to slip away so you can finally relax.
3. Gain Knowledge
Everything you read fills your head up with more knowledge. You never know what you might come in handy. The more you read the more knowledge you will have to tackle future challenges. The best part is no one can ever take knowledge away from you!
4. Memory and mood
I recently finished the book Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, and there was a lot to remember! Each chapter had new characters, towns, and events to follow. Reading will help improve your memory and every new memory you create forges new brain pathways, which strengthens existing ones. This will help assist your short-term memory and stabilize your mood.
5. Stay Focused
Every day we are pulled in a million different directions. The Internet certainly doesn’t help. I find myself working on schoolwork, checking my email, updating my Facebook, and listening to music all at the same time, while getting distracted by ads in my internet browser. Reading can help improve your focus and concentration. When you read a book, all of your attention is focused on what you are reading. Try reading for 15-20 minutes before work and see if you feel more focused throughout the day.
Having more exposure to well written books can improve your writing skills as well. In the same way we learn by watching others we can learn from reading a good book.
7. Free and Fun!
It’s free! Visit your local library or thrift store to find some good books to read. Libraries rotate their stock so you won’t run out of books to read. There are also many sites that will let you download free e-books. So there isn’t any reason not to start reading for fun!
How can I control on my own mind and heart. ? How can I heart strong some times my full body shake due to heart.
Hi, am 24old guy, I am smoking from my 1pu, from last 2years I am trying to stop it, but I can't stop smoking, (per day I smoke 7 to 8) it ll affect my sexual life. please tell me how to quit smoking.
I am suffering from sever headache from past two weeks before sleep , I smoke daily 10 cigarette , any medication or any diagnose for my illness.
Pulmonologist/Chest specialist - No Smoking question. I am 34 year old male. I smoke around 10-15 cigarettes in a day. I took Champix 1 mg a day and quit smoking but after stopping the medicine smoking starts again. Now I am taking 1 mg twice a day. What is the normal dosage. Should it be 1 mg once a day or twice a day? How long should be the duration of treatment?
I was feeling nervous more than month ago I am 18 yr old.what can be the treatment for my nervousness
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
If you or someone you know is suffering from anger management issues, consult a doctor today.