Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N Sivakumar
Submit a review for Dr. N SivakumarYour feedback matters!
I have 22.2 mm gall bladder stone from last 5 years. I am not feeling comfortable in operation that's why I am ignoring from last 5 years because I know after removing gall bladder definitely digestion problem occurs because every organ has its very important role in the body that's why God give us gall bladder organ. So is it possible to dissolved or removed the stone without surgery. Any homeopathy. Ayurvedic. allopathy treatment. Please assist me. Is it ok if I do not operate the stone lifetime. I request you please answer clear. And I am zym lover so I work hard daily so it is ok to exercise daily.
We had sex on 21st of November and my wife's last periods started on 9th November. Now she got some bleeding on 7th December and it stopped on 8th. She is having backache and frequent urination. Is she pregnant?
She is frequently suffering from urinary tract disorders like itching and burning sensation. What should she do?
I had kidney stone (both) problem in past. After taking medications and drinking lot of fluid severe pain causes due to stones completely gone. But I regularly feel mild pain on both side of my abdomen which sometimes goes to my back. I did my ultrasound and there is no stone found. In urine test they found WBC which ranges from 5-7. No bacteria in urine. I am feeling this pain from very long time like 7-8 months. I am very much concerned about it.Please help me for that.
Kidney stones are salt and mineral deposits that accumulate inside the kidneys. Your treatment may depend on the severity of your condition; ranging from medications to surgery. Once you have had kidney stones, there is an increased chance of you experiencing the problem again. Preventive measures can help in reducing your risk of kidney stones.
Prevention of kidney stones
Medical recommendations about preventive measures can help you keep kidney stones at bay. Here are top tips to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Hydrate Well: Drinking sufficient water is an extremely important kidney stone preventive measure. The amount of urine your body produces depends on your consumption of water and other liquids. If you exercise quite often or live in a place with hot or arid climate, you may further need to increase your water intake. Ideally drink enough water for your body to produce 2 to 2.5 litres of urine every day. You can also include lemon juice mixed with water or fresh orange juice in your diet. These juices contain citrate, which can prevent formation of kidney stones.
- Take Dietary Precautions: Altering your diet may be necessary to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Oxalate is a naturally-occurring compound in foods, which may bind with calcium to form kidney stones. To prevent kidney stones, you may need to stop or limit intake of foods high in oxalate, such as beets, soy products, spinach, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, peanuts etc.
- However, you don’t need to cut calcium from your diet. In fact, if you eat calcium and oxalate foods at the same time, you can further reduce your risk of kidney stones. Calcium binds with oxalate inside the digestive track, thereby, lowering the chances of kidney stone formation. Though use calcium supplements only as per your doctor’s recommendations.
- Reduce your intake of salt. Excessive salt can increase the amount of calcium in urine and form kidney stones.
- Eat animal protein in moderation as meat is acidic in nature, as to much uric acid in urine can cause both uric acid stones and calcium oxalate ones.
- Foods and drinks high in sugar can also increase uric acid in urine. So, it is better to limit their intake if you have a history of kidney stones.
- Take Medications: If you are a kidney stone patient, you also need to take medications to prevent recurrence of the problem. Without medicine use, the risk of kidney stones in patients may increase.
Once you have had kidney stones, you need to take caution for life. Without proper medicines and diet precautions, not only you increase your risk of kidney stones but also of other kidney diseases. Heed the recommendations of your doctor or consult with a good nephrologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!