Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. N R RangarajYour feedback matters!
Doctor my left side eye is good but my right side eye is weak and my guys said that it is a normal no so I want to make my right side eye also good. I get to know this by checking myself by doctor so doctor tell me how I can make my right side eye strong. And one main think only my right side eye is weak and left side eye is absolutely good.
Every day when I wake up in morning or after 1 hr sleep. My eye lashes are all covered with pus or eye discharge. It's very dry too. What is solution for this? Pls tell.
My brother's eye checkup was done last month and the result showed -1.5 in both eyes. What to do and how severe the problem is. He can not see far objects clearly.
I have red eyes from more than 15 days due to late night studies. What should I do. please tell me sir.
Sir, I am facing a problem with my eyes. My eyes are becoming red during some times. Then coming to normal position. What i am supposed to do ?
Sir, recently I went for a eye check up and my eye power increased from -1.25 to -2.0 (cylindrical glasses) sir when it will going to stop.
I met an cycle accident and right down my eyes bulged and what I do to recover the same. It had bulged more. Please give any measures to recover this problem.
From past one and half month my left eye is blinking once a day sometimes my shoulders also what would be the problem?
Kidney stone: about 2 to 3 multiple 5 mm stone in left and right kidney. I purchased homeopathy medicine by seeing Lybrate. 1) berberis vulgar 2, sarsaparilla 3. hydrangea. I do not know how to use. Please suggest exact dose. Number of times in detail. Is it really work? Can use all the three or one? Or any medicine which cure kidney stone.
In my both eye earlier there was a golden ring around eye but now a day it is spreading toward white surface of my eye.
Is there any remedy or exercise at home which can remove lenses from our eyes and increase visibility power without lens.
I am 20 years old I am getting headtake every day evening and also my eyes will become red unnecessarily I want some tips to reduce this problems.
I feel my left eye like blur I can see anything which is near to me but I see like blurry when something is far to me Only in left eye Whats is the reason? And how I can prevent?
My kid suffering with his eye due to itch from last one week,doctor said there is no infection so is there any solution for this?
My sister has a problem of continuous tears from eyes since last 3-4 months. From last 4-5 days she also has headache. Can anyone tell about it's reason?
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
I my left eye there is a short of small fly thing appeared. I am worried because of that. I had consulted some doctor. The doctor says it is floater and for that no treatment is possible. It would not harm. My eyes got operated for cataract. Please advise me for my problem. Thanks and regards.
Sir, I am wearing specs of power 3 but my actual power is 3.5 should I change the specs or continue wear low power specs is this harm my eye?
Never consult a spectacle shop (optometrist like titaneye, lenskart or any local spectacle shop) for your eye complaints. He is qualified and licensed to check eye power only which is just one of hundred causes of blurring of vision or headache
In case an optometrist prescribes any serious medication then most probably he or she is committing a crime.
Problem in vision can be due to problem in cornea, lens, refraction issues, retinal pathology or problem of nerves or eye muscles or glaucoma (eye pressure).
Your optometrist knows how to measure eye power officially and has a degree in optometry. The quality of his degree is questionable in the current commercialized field of healthcare.
You may have lost critical time and your vision by the time you actually visit a eye surgeon since your optometrist assured you that all is well or wrongly sold you a eyeglass when the disease is somewhere else.
Their advise is not legally valid as well unlike eye surgeon, so you cannot hold him responsible for wrong diagnosis as well.
Consult online/ book offline appointment/take second opinion at www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app.
Doctor has 34 yrs experience in eye care and experience of 50000 eye surgeries and has pioneered phaco surgery in undivided bihar in 1995 and was the second person to do the surgery in eastern india and central india.