Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. N.Pon NixsonYour feedback matters!
I have a deeper cavity in between 2 teeth its not paining unless very hard substance is for chewing. Then also its not paining but little uncomfortable. Which filling is best and long lasting. I heard that filling further tends to root canal. Is it true?
Sir if I bleach my teeth with baking soda and lemon, it is harmful for my teeth & gums. I want to use it for whitening because my teeth are yellowish regards.
Doctor my teeth are yellowish since I was 6/7 (due to use of iron tonic) My teeth are clean but its yellow Please recommend fruits/vegetables/totka.
I brush my teeth twice a day. But with in 3 hours. My mouth starts smelling bad. Can you suggest me a solution.
-1/2hr before meal time. Tooth clean with brush daily twice morning-night
-plenty of fluids and fruits juice any.
-avoid peace / fatty /cooked oily fast junk food,
Hi I am 34 years old. Before 2 months back I quit pan masala but after that I felt irritation in my mouth, with white lines in my chicken mouth looks whitish so I went to dentist and she replied I am suffering from 1st stage of oral fibrosis after a week I went to ENT specialist to check whether something wrong in my throat then specialist recommended Gastric medicines and daily gargling then after I went to another dentist and he told me that you have no problem in your mouth and already you have quit pan masala so chances of cancer is no more also recommended me sm fibro for 20 days. But I am very scared that cancer might attack me. Please anyone suggest what to do.
I have hole on both side of my teeth on left & right when drink normal water then it will pain given any solution.
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.